Projects over Corona Vacation

I've been going ham on projects like I always do in the spring and fall when we're not at the lake or outdoors. The mother in law project set me back a few weeks, but I've been on vacation this week as well. Hauling scrap out the garage today even though it's only $40 a ton. Hardly worth the trip, but I can't be tripping over brake rotors and control arms anymore.

We are considering doing air bnb at the place but will need to definitely redo the bathroom

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

8rCs2WZ.jpg

No major project...just made a few pens today.
Center is a pen and pencil set.
Left is my first shot at making acrylic blanks.

I see a lot of pen turning going on, never seen the point really. How many pens can u need and they are always a bit big and unwieldy anyway.

Pen 15 club is right, glad Ed got the ball rolling on that one

I see a lot of pen turning going on, never seen the point really. How many pens can u need and they are always a bit big and unwieldy anyway.

Pen 15 club is right, glad Ed got the ball rolling on that one

It has less to do with needing pens and more to do with learning how to turn. They make nice gifts if you get good innards.

I like turning pens because it's a small project you can do in 2 hours. Sometimes you just don't feel like working on a big job and make what seems like no progress.

Yard project:

-last year i cleaned and sealed the fence
-mowed/edged
-pulled weeds
-made dry ditches to help water flow away from house
-cleaned and resealed cement trim
-cut bushes
-pulled old plants in front of house and added 6 new
-removed old mulch
-added 17 yards of new mulch

BEFORE

IMG-E2781.jpg