The Dream Sequel

No it's good. Tribes LT requires much faster brains and better hand-eye coord than base, while also being so much less strategy-based than base that LT is more like Quake than it is to Tribes Base. This is why guys like TPK do not like LT.

I bet TPK hates Quake, and loves Diablo. I bet you $10 will paypal.

when u have tribe in blood and u have tribe spirit somteime it sprout in u with little effort

it is gift so i should not be ego but u kno when u this good sometime u cant help

wow scuzzle good post

tribe in opsayo blood ya anubis

i was created from womb of tribe though, lil bit diff but still i give props 2 opsayo cuz he good guy

sometime i shit pieces of tribe when i poop

cannot help it

just dat people cant attribute the word "skill" in a broad sense if they dont even understand it u kno?

tribe get 1 high skill curve but 1 low skill ceiling

LT skill ceiling much higher than base skill ceiling imoZ due to the nature of the game

etcs

debate me bros

come @ me bros

I will debate that insinuation, simply due to the fact that You've only played one mod and have a narrower mind set on various types of team tactics.

Heres how it narrows down.

LT skill sets - capping, routes, camping, defense(same thing as camping just more savvy), and correct weapon use (only three weapons to choose from).
cons - nade spammers bombing the flags with every flag return, and camping continuously. usually only takes one good capper to make a match one sided

Base++ skill sets - capping, routes, camping, farming(defending category), camping(defense or offense) and correct weapon usage.
cons - turret farming, harder to cap on, everyone pretty much either snipes or camps in heavy. pretty much everything LT is just gayer. Instead of defense using grenades they'll probably be using two heavy's with mortars(mortar team).

Renegaids (easiest mod of them all since pretty much anything is allowed here) skill sets - vulcan whorage(defending or offense), Stacking/farming(defense), and spawn capping or scout capping(both as equally speedy and effective) cyborg capping, pretty much unstoppable when the player knows that armor well and the flag is open.

Cons - spawning with faves. Everyone snipes with sniper or scout with happy mod on, everyone uses happy flags. Cheats are openly accepted.

annihilation skill sets - defense(you have to really know the builder armor well to effectively defend on any map) The various types of deployables and turrets can make this a very daunting task. Offense - what it really comes down to is picking the perfect weapon combination to ripping apart those defenses to allow offensive players to grab the flag and come out with it. Generally most players on offensive rape rarely grab ahold of the flag but deal enough damage to allow their teammate to get it, giving the mod a more interactive aspect of team combat. Alot of diversity(which gives the mod an extremely steep learning curve), not only do you still have to learn basic routes becuase you'll be spending the majority of your time in several different armors, you'll have to know how to effectively take out an enemy in your way as fast as possible, and be able to move fast without letting them slow you down.

cons - fast paced, harder for newer players to pick up. variety of weapons and the new players usually choose the lighter armors (which of course are generally weaker and have weaker weapons as well). pretty balanced for the most part but usually teams become one sided becuase they are actually communicating more with their teammates and might know the mod better. turret farming is probably the worst in this mod if you don't know how to destroy defense.

edit: in a nutshell LT is probably the easiest mod to play in tribes, and don't flame me for saying its a mod becuase it is. The base files where tampered with to suit the needs of people who don't understand how to play base effectively. If LT was skill based you would be spawning with an elf blaster and disc. If anni was a noob mod you would be spawning with a laser rifle, a vulcan or any other armor you wanted to.

sometimes I sneeze tribes dust

Last edited:
Base has not been played competitively in nearly a decade. How can you compare Today's LT to 1998's Base? You can't even compare today's Base to 1998's Base. (Ex. put 2-3 guys on Snipe D in 1998 and they kill a fair amount of cappers. Give them 20 ping and Super Computers and they kill everything in a square mile. One guy naked should be able to goalie 3-4 HO by himself in 2011.

Base has not been played competitively in nearly a decade. How can you compare Today's LT to 1998's Base? You can't even compare today's Base to 1998's Base. (Ex. put 2-3 guys on Snipe D in 1998 and they kill a fair amount of cappers. Give them 20 ping and Super Computers and they kill everything in a square mile. One guy naked should be able to goalie 3-4 HO by himself in 2011.

yeah cuase I'm sure you played base in 98 :ftard:

boring skill set?

lower skill curve?

maybe if you actually knew how to play LT, you would like it.

chess ain't fun if u just move pieces around on the side of the board dood.

Maybe if you took the time to become the best player at "My little pony's pink ribbon island adventure", you would know it wasn't gay.

Sorry, but just because I'm not the best player at something doesn't mean that I can't understand it and realize how crappy it is.

You are all very jaded on this issue because you are convinced that I can't handle LT.

No it's good. Tribes LT requires much faster brains and better hand-eye coord than base, while also being so much less strategy-based than base that LT is more like Quake than it is to Tribes Base. This is why guys like TPK do not like LT.

I bet TPK hates Quake, and loves Diablo. I bet you $10 will paypal.

You are right that I hate quake and love diablo.

But, to be honest, I loved arena, and I think arena was more "hand-eye coord" based and "quake-like" than LT. Wasn't it? So I'm not sure if you're right about why I hate it.

I hate LT because it's incredibly boring due to lack of depth, unbalanced gameplay elements (mostly spawning rates, over-mobility, and spacing), repetitive gameplay, lack of strategic decision making, less emphasis on teamwork, and the highly limited skill sets and weapon availability, and the lack of momentum in team strength (i.e. no need to repair and recover you base and team, because there is no "base" element, only spawn points and a flag), limited objectives (less things you have to consider or accomplish to win), highly limited defensive threats, and a lot of the challenge in skiing being removed.

By the challenge in skiing removed, I mostly talking about the fact that players no longer have to worry about laser rifles, which means they are free to dance around the map without a care in the world like pink pixie dust exfoliating fairies.

LT is much more forgiving. In base, if you let the wrong guy into your base early on, you could be stuck with a naked team for the entire game, which could easily result in a blowout. In other words, teams don't suffer consequences as much in LT because there is no base to repair, they just ctrl-k, and smile.

It's clear from playing both mods that base takes a lot more skill due to more players involved, more teamplay involved, more weapons involved, more objectives involved, increased defensive threats, skiing/capping being far more challenging due to laser rifle, HoF's, and mines, and a much less forgiving environment where your entire team can be made to suffer greatly for mistakes made.

The skill ceiling is much higher in base in my opinion. It's just simple math. Juggling 3 balls is just harder than juggling 2.

Back