The Dream Sequel

No it wouldn't be.

Because the Tribes community don't have the numbers or time to devote to it to make it a success anymore.

The days of 10+ teams on a ladder with games going on until 5am are dead. Doesn't matter how awesome the game is really, the level of participation in competition just won't support it.

And the small influx of newbies can only carry the game so far.

No. Whether or not "we get everyone back" is irrelevant. New communities will be created, and it's dumb to act like T1 was some anomaly, and they'll never be another community capable of creating that kind of experience or of having that much fun.

I agree with this.

I am not talking about "recreating 1999 with the same people". I'm talking about a new game, with new features, and new elements, with all of T1's core gameplay. A true sequel.

Could that type of game build a respectable fan base?

they will be forced out of the new community almost immediately[/I], and yesterday's life of the LAN will be today's laughing stock.

T:A is more of a business model than a game as it is designed with 2 weapon loudouts, unmodifiable pre-set classes, and micro-transactions, all for the single purpose of making money.

In this thread, we are talking about a game created by people who have actually played T1 competitively, care about the game, and desire to make a truly worthy sequel for sake of making something artistic, worthwhile, and enjoyable.

Everyone always says "All I ever wanted was T1 with better graphics."

I just wonder if people would actually play it...

A sequel for T1 would need a lot of financial backing if it wants to be a success.

I don't think the problem lies with games so much as it does with perception of PC games as being a niche market. The problem is that they don't have the same status as other forms of entertainment, like movies, books, music, even console games. It would take a lot of ingenuity to get your average person to sit down and play a multiplayer PC game for a given length of time (ie those outside of the usual demographic, which consists of a very small minority if you were not to count console gamers - perhaps 5 million hardcore PC gamers worldwide at best with maybe in the hundred million figure who play casually)

its true that with hudbot u get t1 with better gfx

to answer TPK i dont think the dream sequel would sell well at all, especially since 90% of tribes vets seem to hate tribes and scream down anything new

it 2 bad u think u r smart and good but nobody else do

cuz u r a dumb scum noobie with a big mouth and big opinion

which is such a rare resource :eek:)

Back