The Dream Sequel

I think a big part of my satisfaction from playing games where you shoot other people online comes from knowing that when I kill somebody, I am accomplishing something.

When I kill somebody in base, I know that they might even be respawning in their base, naked, where my team's base rapist is going to man handle them. I can guess that it's going to be a long while before they are back in my face again, cus I killed them. Having reset them on the other side of the map, with no energy pack and limited weapons, I felt that killing them mattered.

In arena, when you kill somebody, they are dead, it mattered that you killed them. Killing them was like a rush of satisfaction.

In LT, killing people often means very little when they can disc jump and be back at your position in 3 seconds with a full loudout of weapons ready to go.

Often when I play defense, I am thinking "Oh, I should just leave that guy wounded in the red", "Killing him will only bring him back to my base in full health in 7 seconds, so this way I can just wait until our flag is returned and then finish him off to make him the least effective possible."

And often when I kill people I end up essentially only teleported them into a far better position and situation than they were in before I killed them.

Due to the severely decreased penalty on death, it really takes so much of the satisfaction for me out of the game. I can't get a rush from killing people unless I know it's at a crucial moment.

Playing LT is like trying to get high off of low quality weed.

never thought of it that way... good analogy :-|

I think a big part of my satisfaction from playing games where you shoot other people online comes from knowing that when I kill somebody, I am accomplishing something.

When I kill somebody in base, I know that they might even be respawning in their base, naked, where my team's base rapist is going to man handle them. I can guess that it's going to be a long while before they are back in my face again, cus I killed them. Having reset them on the other side of the map, with no energy pack and limited weapons, I felt that killing them mattered.

In arena, when you kill somebody, they are dead, it mattered that you killed them. Killing them was like a rush of satisfaction.

In LT, killing people often means very little when they can disc jump and be back at your position in 3 seconds with a full loudout of weapons ready to go.

Often when I play defense, I am thinking "Oh, I should just leave that guy wounded in the red", "Killing him will only bring him back to my base in full health in 7 seconds, so this way I can just wait until our flag is returned and then finish him off to make him the least effective possible."

And often when I kill people I end up essentially only teleported them into a far better position and situation than they were in before I killed them.

Due to the severely decreased penalty on death, it really takes so much of the satisfaction for me out of the game. I can't get a rush from killing people unless I know it's at a crucial moment.

Playing LT is like trying to get high off of low quality weed.

I understand what you are saying. In base if you killed an LD and took his rifle and E-pack, there is a decent chance that you fucked him over for the rest of the map and made a real strategic impact on your team's capping ability (on the basis that your HO are doing their job).

But you can still get that satisfaction fucking someone over in LT, it just requires much more skill, 1/10th the time and decent teamwork to really show it's effects. I think what you are missing is playing actual competitive LT where the other 4 guys on your team can synergize with a clutch play and one disc can equal a cap or a return. Pubs are very homosexual in point whoring and people being selfish and stupid and greedy but if you get into a decent PU with guys like Stork and Poops and Rtcll, you can still make those impactful plays that actually begin to count. If you are crossing DX or RD or SH during a standoff and you MA or gren a guy going the other way, you essentially take him out of the play for 10 seconds which is huge and may just save your home D/Capper.

I really think you need to see if you can get into a few late night PUs where it's 5v5 and not 12v12 Hillking and then you will start to see the fun in LT.

LT is nothing but those clutch 'fuck you' plays. It is big dicks in the air and cowboys riding deloreans up your ass.

But then again, it may just be that you don't like the pace and the game and that's fine as well. By definition alone I figure only maybe 2 or 3 out of every 10 tribes players will want to and be able to cowboy.

just kill them again :lol:

A game where killing people often makes them stronger than they were before is just not an enjoyable game for me.

Playing offense in LT gives me zero satisfaction killing defenders cus they just respawn at full power instantly.

It's like I can't even cause them any grief, when that was my favorite part about the Tribes.

I understand what you are saying. In base if you killed an LD and took his rifle and E-pack, there is a decent chance that you fucked him over for the rest of the map and made a real strategic impact on your team's capping ability (on the basis that your HO are doing their job).

But you can still get that satisfaction fucking someone over in LT, it just requires much more skill, 1/10th the time and decent teamwork to really show it's effects. I think what you are missing is playing actual competitive LT where the other 4 guys on your team can synergize with a clutch play and one disc can equal a cap or a return. Pubs are very homosexual in point whoring and people being selfish and stupid and greedy but if you get into a decent PU with guys like Stork and Poops and Rtcll, you can still make those impactful plays that actually begin to count. If you are crossing DX or RD or SH during a standoff and you MA or gren a guy going the other way, you essentially take him out of the play for 10 seconds which is huge and may just save your home D/Capper.

I really think you need to see if you can get into a few late night PUs where it's 5v5 and not 12v12 Hillking and then you will start to see the fun in LT.

LT is nothing but those clutch 'fuck you' plays. It is big dicks in the air and cowboys riding deloreans up your ass.

But then again, it may just be that you don't like the pace and the game and that's fine as well. By definition alone I figure only maybe 2 or 3 out of every 10 tribes players will want to and be able to cowboy.

It's easy to cowboy when there are no obstacles in your way.

It's easy to llama grab and disc jump away feeling like a champ when there was nothing to stop you.

In base, cowboys were so much more impressive, because they had to deal with so many more threats. They also had a lot more impact on the game due to the depth of it and how a player could leave a lasting mark on the enemy team.

TPK's most fun activities in Tribes:

1) Skiing around the enemy base in heavy, dropping big green boomies.

2) Hearing the shield pack noise as I turn it on and use it to crush people without getting hurt.

3) Raping the enemy base with plasma.

4) Turret farming.

5) HoF'ing. So much fun.

6) Grabbing heavy with ammo pack and chilling on top of the base, roflstomping incoming cappers with morters.

7) Using the command station to manually use rocket turret... lol.

8) Mid-air Mine-discing. Oh that was sweet.

9) pwning somebody with the gimpy elf gun. (I have a sweet video of this)

10) Killing people and knowing it mattered.

11) Heavy capping.

It's too bad I can't do any of those things in LT.

If you're going to list all the things you can't do in LT, you're going to have to include lots of stuff, like trade baseball cards, and travel to Mauritius. I can't think of anything else.

1 heavy 4 lights at start of map u pick who will be the heavy and who will be the lights

salvageable pickups like shield packs or other weapons

all of this shit culd be put into lt maps e z

Playing offense in LT gives me zero satisfaction killing defenders cus they just respawn at full power instantly.

Killing one of the defenders is more than enough time to fuck up their game in LT. Game is so fast paced that the "instant" respawn feels like a year when gameplay is hectic enough.

A game where killing people often makes them stronger than they were before is just not an enjoyable game for me.

It's like I can't even cause them any grief, when that was my favorite part about the Tribes.

its pretty obvious ur basic basic bare understanding of lt

like u said if u kill someone at the wrong time it is largely ineffective

hence the huge amount of communication and awareness necessary in LT

if u midair or kill the LD too early or too late then it means nothing

timing is everything

in base if u kill the hof ur golden fo rlike 30 seconds

i kno u cant handle that kind of second to second team work tho

keep running long routes

see u on the battlefield home fry :)

some guys can cut it in LT

the rest play heavy or lay turrets

1 heavy 4 lights at start of map u pick who will be the heavy and who will be the lights

salvageable pickups like shield packs or other weapons

all of this shit culd be put into lt maps e z

fuk yes i have wanted LT plus 1 HoF for years as long as i can be HoF ;)

culd prolly even do spawn favs lt but all this is crack pipe idea because game is dead

hope we get some pus this year

if not maybe t:a be okay and diablo 3

Back