The Dream Sequel

Imagine this scenario:

A team of old hardcore T1 vets create a sequel to T1 that is everything you could ever hope for. It is your dream game. It has all the core elements of T1, with a few new and exciting awesome features that only add to the already existing T1 gameplay.

In your eyes, it is the perfect Tribes game in every way.

The main question:

Would the dream sequel to T1 be a success? Why or why not?

Explain your answer...

hate 2 agree but i do

my dream tribes game is 1 that ppl are actually gonna play
that means tribes ascend

Last edited:
tribe ascend and tribe universe will be great

i look forward to masturbating to all the diamond sword officer hentai that 4chan will produce

Fuck no.

Everyone's "dream sequel" is so different that no matter what you did, 90+% of Tribes fans would hate it.

Stupid question.

Tribes is dead.

tpk do u still play

u weird me out that u still post about tribe

weird dood

tpk was drunk and raging in community about teamwork yesterday

he's grab the flag and get it halfway back and type "THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE YOU GUYS ARE A BAD TEAM"

edit: manylith was there too saying that 1.4 people cheat and people using 1.3 were clean because "you don't see any netset with 1.3 because IT DOESN'T WORK IN 1.3"

hahahahaha good times

Last edited:
tpk was drunk and raging in community about teamwork yesterday

he's grab the flag and get it halfway back and type "THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE YOU GUYS ARE A BAD TEAM"

edit: manylith was there too saying that 1.4 people cheat and people using 1.3 were clean because "you don't see any netset with 1.3 because IT DOESN'T WORK IN 1.3"

hahahahaha good times

Looks like you guys had a nice 3 people game. Pretty rare to see so many players on the server these days. I hope you used this opportunity play base instead that fucking awful LT shit mod some dares to call Tribes.

depends on the definition of success...

A mega blockbuster .. millions of units sold.. doubt it.

financial $$ maker?.. it wouldn't make the kind of money most companies would need to see to see it as successful, but it wouldn't lose money

community success... yes, again, the numbers wouldn't be stagger compared to other games... but would be enough to have a healthy competitive ladder

What made T1 so great aside from a masterpiece of a video game was the community. Unless we got everyone back it would never be the same and almost certainly would not be nearly as fun.

What made T1 so great aside from a masterpiece of a video game was the community. Unless we got everyone back it would never be the same and almost certainly would not be nearly as fun.
No. Whether or not "we get everyone back" is irrelevant. New communities will be created, and it's dumb to act like T1 was some anomaly, and they'll never be another community capable of creating that kind of experience or of having that much fun. The problem is that a lot vets step into these new communities as the minority, but still expect, and sometimes demand, to be respected by a bunch of people who don't know who the hell they are.

The active Tribes community (all three versions) is very small, and if a ton of the old vets come back to play T:A, we can expect to number only in the hundreds. But, a game like T:A is going to attract tens of thousands (initially, at least). If the vets can't get used to the fact that they will be starting at 0 (reputation, not skill), and act like high-and-mighty pricks instead, they will be forced out of the new community almost immediately, and yesterday's life of the LAN will be today's laughing stock.

Back