VUG's answer on the patch cancelation

Okay, first of all, notice, Blitz was very vague when he said 'this community'. Don't assume he's talking about TW, moreover, perhaps, the whole tribes community as a whole.

And the blame can't be put on any certain person or fact. You COULD argue what had more influence on the downfall of the game. But thats like trying to explain the meaning of the universe; it's an abstract idea, no one is going to have the same opinion, so why effing bother? It's not like we have a hitman for hire who can off anyone we want to.

Blitz said:
It's all this communities fault. all you faggots who didn't buy the game fucked it over. We have more then enough people in this community to influence the "sales" of this game. If every single registered member bought a copy I have faith that would be enough right there. However instead all you faggots bitched about what you wanted in the game and what wasn't in it. Because of that we got no patch wich you further bitched about. Suck a cock TW, you ruined your favorite game.

Threads: 211,003, Posts: 5,414,093, Members: 19,691

yeah, ALL 19,691 of us coulda REALLY influenced it lol

(and yes, I bought it.....and unistalled it lol)

Kelster said:
My question:
Why did Tribes: Vengeance have such brutal sales?

I'd love to know where they place that blame or what they've learnt.
I knew I didn't want to buy T:V after playing the MP demo. Quite the converse of the impression I got from the T2 Demo, which only made me hungry for more.

Blitz said:
If every single registered member bought a copy I have faith that would be enough right there. However instead all you faggots bitched about what you wanted in the game and what wasn't in it.

Why would somebody buy something they don't like? It isn't the community's responsibility(or ability) to make a game work out of the box.

flyte said:
Hey asshats.

Its not the box art, or the community that killed t:v. It was:

a) release date
b) lack of advertising
Yes, I'm sure it's been brought up but I haven't seen in while browsing through the thread. T:V was released virtually the same time as HL2 and WoW.

That was grandiose mistake #1.

Wolfchylde said:
Reports vary, but I suspect about three times as many people downloaded the demo as actually BOUGHT the game.
You're probably right.

FilePlanet stats:
34,030 downloads of MP demo
22,627 downloads of SP demo 1
7,148 downloads of SP demo 2

There were mirrors for all of them where massive numbers of players downloaded that didn't want to wait in line to get it from FP.

I'll bet a lot of those people knew the game sucked and didn't need to purchase the retail release to confirm. I downloaded SP demo 1 and never bothered to play it because SP just isn't my bag.

The TV Beta was so not T1 or T2. I enjoyed both T1 and T2 and they were alike as compared to TV which was a cartoon with crap maps, sounds and playability.

When I played the beta at UVA I was very disappointed.

I was going to wait for someone to make a classic version before I bought it.

I'm very happy I didn't buy it but I'm very sad that Tribes is dead.

VUG's response is some outright fucking garbage. I suggest you all spread it round the net and let people know how this shitfuck of a company really feels about gamers.

A game that a got a 9.0 on IGN and an 8.8 on gamespot, totally refused any fucking future tech support and development because those thimble dicks at VUG don't think it would be afforable. Here's a clue thimble dicks: make a way so it will be afforable! Jesus christ, I've NEVER seen a gaming company abandon and give their audience the finger this way. It's unforgiveable, goodbye anything under your label.

sierra proves that not only can they leave a bad taste in our mouth by destorying dynamix, they can shit in our face by pulling out all support for a game that people still bought. The 47k people should return the game or send it back to VUG in a box marked "fuck you corporate assholes, ill take my money to blizzard" .

Tribes as a commercial product maybe dead, but this community is still alive and there are dev teams that are very active. I donated money to Renwerx and GTW last week, and I hope some of you will too. Please think about contributing money or effort to one of these groups and maybe we'll have a game built on TSE by next year that we can all be playing.

flyte said:
Hey asshats.

Its not the box art, or the community that killed t:v. It was:

a) bad game

Fixed.

And all you jokers who think Marweas not being there hurt sales, that's laughable. Yes, I'm sure the thousands of newbs who wouldn't touch this POS after the horrific beta(*cough*DEMO*cough*) refused to buy the game because the word hit the street that Marweas got canned. :lol:

LogRoller said:
I think that input from this community is what killed the game, more than anything else. They viewed this site as their best marketing tool - that was the disaster.

Anyway, it's over now, and whatever this website was before, it will never be a Tribes site again.

I can only speak from my own observations, but I'm pretty sure this site wasn't clamoring for a Tribes STORY, to the detriment of multiplayer.

VU/IG has no one to blame but themselves, try as they might to shift it elsewhere.

Hey Blitz or Menzo I bought 2 copies of your dam game. Hadn't even been to TW in years until I read the patch was cancelled on your official site so bite me.

Lots of factors, bad advertisement/bad single player demo/bad timing with HL2 and WoW.

But in the end that it received the sales it did is just an indictment of the average FPS gamer these days.

T:V is so clearly superior to HL source its sick, T:V is so clearly superior to Ut2004 its sick. Heck T:V is a better game than T2 ever was.

But you know what, 99.9999% of the gaming populace were never proficient or understood the game well enough in depth to actually see that, and thats what the sales indicate. That it got good reviews is irrelevant, that it had a few bugs or shortcomings in play are also irrelevant. All joe schmoe saw was that he scored 1 point in an mp demo and spent the majority of the time eating green balls of fire from players moving 10 times his maximum velocity. I guarentee the few players that might have purchased the game most likely immediately quit right there on the spot (in fact I remember that happening a lot back in beta)

Heck T1 did worse than T2, that should be as good an indication as any that the average customer doesn't know wtf they are doing.

So back to HL:source with the flocks of idiots, and I suspect most game developers will take this as a clue to dumb down their game for the masses. Pretty sad state of affairs, but thats life I guess.

Back