VUG's answer on the patch cancelation

NoFiX said:
And no, it has nothing to do with marketing. T:V could've been released for free and there'd still be no one playing it.
^^ Winner

All the marketing money in VUG's coffers wouldn't have made a difference to this community with all the wrong decisions implemented by the developers.

How does the saying go? "You can't polish a turd."

Winner?

I dont know how the fuck you work that out Thrax, i can't see how anyone won from the pile of shit you created. The sad truth is we ALL lost. :(

What irks me MOST about all of this is that VUG blames the consumer for not wanting a product we DIDNT ASK FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE.

We didnt ASK for a SP game, nobody else did either, and nobody BOUGHT it who found out how badly they borked the MP. The "beta" (*cough*DEMO*cough*) was so thoroughly underwhelming that it scared away most of the people who were even THINKING about buying it. THEY made a whole bunch of errors and CANNOT ADMIT that maybe, just maybe, they screwed up, that the game WASNT good enough to sell even decently.

THEY had no idea how to market the game, THEY had no clue as to what the franchise was about, nor could they understand WHY the franchise was popular at any point. Yet somehow its OUR fault... :huh:

Dont blame t1 or t2 players from expressing how they felt about the game or game development. That's utterly rediculous.
VUG did not listen to the community and TV fell flat on it's ass.
Hi Cheater and Yankee! I miss the T1 days with you all.

Quote:
It was expressed that the current regime at VUG was very unlikely to greenlight another Tribes game.

The silver lining here is that it's very possible that the 'current regime' at VUG will, with any luck, be in line at the soup kitchen in the near future.

DGUnreal said:
IMHO, the reason why T:V failed is two-fold...

2. The current Tribes (1 and 2) Community.
So many T1/T2 gamers trashed the game so badly in all of the forums that anyone who came out looking to see what the game might be like would be scared off. You all know who you are, simply go back through so many of the threads to see the flamers.
So anyone out in game-buying land who decided to do as Adam suggested "suggestion is to not buy on day one. Try the demos, read the reviews, educate yourself on our games (before you buy)" would have been put off by the whiners in the forums.
Even though T:V was different (than T1/T2), and there were a number of things that should have been completed, corrected, or added, to bring it in line with the Tribes franchise, ultimately it was the T1-T2-Trashing people in the community that killed the game and its sales. Had the sales been good, even if the game had quirks, then it was foreseeable that patches and addons could have been eventually released (gee, just like T2 and many other games, you lamers). I'm sure most of the T1-T2-Trashers will admit that the original release of T2 was ok but that many of them are using the later-released addons and mods. T:V was killed coming out of the gate. Sure, we can say that IG/VUG should not have put in the SP mode and concentrated on the MP, but should-woulda-coulda doesn't cover the entire problem with this game's sales.
Many of the posts by the T1-T2-Trashers was so "boo-hoo" that they were pointless and senseless wimpering and whining, but unfortunately it most likely had a big hand in killing the sales. I know that even myself, who enjoys T:V immensely, was discouraged over so many of the posts.

And I don't believe that the box art had much to do with anything.
Had IG flushed-out the MP game fully, and had the community not undeservedly trashed the game so badly, then perhaps T:V would have survived.

DGUnreal

You are a retard if you believe this small part of the community hurt sales.
:member:

ZOD said:
You are a retard if you believe this small part of the community hurt sales.
:member:

Whatever... :nag:

These forums are no doubt visited by a large number of the remaining Tribes fans. If every one of the members here told a couple of gamer friends that T:V sucked, and anyone coming to these forums to check out T:V prior to purchasing it (which I for one did do) read all of the trashing going on, then sales would have suffered. No one can argue that T2 had a lot of problems out of the gate (and still does), yet the community didn't crucify it like they did T:V, they stuck around and T2 got patched.

I guess because your posts say "vet" beside it, that means you are right about everything eh?
The IQ of most people posting in TW is considerably lower than that of any other forum I've been on.
I've never seen such a bunch of self-proclaiming know-it-all whiners in my entire life. Sheesh.

DGUnreal

The community most certainly did crucify Tribes2, the only difference was it didn't matter a shit since the game was able to attract a significant number of people who were not from this community/forum.

DGUnreal said:
Whatever... :nag:

These forums are no doubt visited by a large number of the remaining Tribes fans. If every one of the members here told a couple of gamer friends that T:V sucked, and anyone coming to these forums to check out T:V prior to purchasing it (which I for one did do) read all of the trashing going on, then sales would have suffered. No one can argue that T2 had a lot of problems out of the gate (and still does), yet the community didn't crucify it like they did T:V, they stuck around and T2 got patched.

I guess because your posts say "vet" beside it, that means you are right about everything eh?
The IQ of most people posting in TW is considerably lower than that of any other forum I've been on.
I've never seen such a bunch of self-proclaiming know-it-all whiners in my entire life. Sheesh.

DGUnreal

If it was a game that a large group of people enjoyed, more would be playing it.

Wow, I haven't posted here since T:V went live. It was always clear that T:V sucked, but nobody would listen, and the fanbois would continuously kiss ass and agree with everything. This is the end result of dumbing down a game beyond comprehension and abandoning the fundamentals of what made tribes GREAT.

Schadenfreude at its best.

Back