TheRoDent said:
Perl is God

That is all.

And BTW,
Code:
STDOUT->autoflush(1);
Will do the trick just as nicely.

do what trick? disable buffering? who asked

i used to like perl then i grew up. the argument for perl is like saying kanji is better because you can write more with less characters.

Naming the game depends on the direction we take. For example, a good name for a Multiplayer game is different then a good name for a Singleplayer game.

For example, TRIBES: Rebellion might be a good name if the game had a story to go with it. As in, a Singleplayer game about the War that brought about the defection of the Blood Eagle. Otherwise, TRIBES:Rebellion isn't a good name for a Multiplayer game.

Proceeding on, "Tribal War" is actually a problematic title we should stay away from. From a marketing stand point, the name "Tribal War" carries unwanted baggage if it is tied to the development of a new Tribes title. Sorry guys, I love you and all, but not every one outside of this forum agrees with me and feels past failures in developing Tribes is atrributed to leaning on the opinions of this unique hub in the community to much. The name would conjur instant offence to certain groups of people outside this forum, which would be instantly counter-productive.

Assuming we're not creating another singleplayer game;

TRIBES: Armageddon <---- rather generic and over used, but gets straight to the point.

TRIBES: Firetruce <---- Not every one knows how a firetruce relates to tribes

TRIBES: Generations <---- bringing together all the differing philosophies of what makes Tribes, TRIBES

TRIBES: This time we promise! <---- sorry, couldn't resist

TRIBES: Firestorm <---- sounds... impressive, but not very descriptive.

TRIBES: Legacy <---- homage to the logevity of Tribes

TRIBES: Thunderdome <---- from the post-appocolypse gladitorial area in Mad Max.

TRIBES: Appocolypse <---- again, generic like Armagenddon.

TRIBES: Retribution <---- Something justly deserved; recompense. Something given or demanded in repayment, especially punishment.

TRIBES: Requiem <---- a song or hymm in honour of someone dead. rather pessimistic... actually...

TRIBES: Darkstar <----from the name of the original engine for Tribes 1. A star just prior to going super nova.

TRIBES: Steel Warrior <---- armour clad combatants

TRIBES: Maximun Overkill <---- erm

TRIBES: Full Throttle <---- eh...

TRIBES: Wilderzone <---- not very exciting, not many know what a wilderzone is

TRIBES: 4

Last edited:
Marweas said:
I've gone throug the thread and picked out some likely ones, and added a couple. I'll add these to the front page in case it helps inspire anyone. We'll wrap this up at the end of the week, narrow them down to three good ones and have a vote. Remember, these is just for working name, thought be aware that people have a tendency to get attached to names after awhile. The final name will likely be or start with TribalWar and could have the working title as a subtitle.

Exodus
Raindance
NoFix
Phoenix
Ashes
Dynamics
UNVUGGED
Storm Hammer
Armor
Four
TW:IST
TW:ILIGHT

Bleh, to me those all suck, except maybe "Raindance," which also brings to mind the trademarked car wax of the same name.

Metallifan said:
Tribes: Hopefully we didn't fuck up this time.

this thread needs immediate approval into hall of fame.

I vote for

1. Nomads
2. Another version of a sequel of a game from 1999 with flags, jetpacks, disc projectiles, and lag.
3. Epic2
4. Suck it groundhuggers
5. Who's laughing now buttmunches, a game by Qix
6. !CS
7. Class NewGame Extends Tribes { }

Back