So, has VUGames abandoned Tribes?

The player count is rising and after the patch I'm sure it will be a success. To say vets and newbs don't like T:v is propaganda shazbot.

Play the game or don't play the game but don't keep whining and trying to convice everyone that t:v is dead because it is not.

And if there is a lan this year I hope there are competitions for all three tribes games.

DeadlyRabbit said:
I still have fun playing T:V, but I know I can't get any of my friends to pickup a copy. Even my roommate that sits beside me comments on how good the game looks and how fast it plays, but he doesn't want to deal with the learning curve.

LOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLLOL

What you "haters" don't understand about us "fanboys" is that we DON'T think T:V is a perfect game, are NOT vouching it is better then T1/T2, and by no means are trying to make others play the game. I just spread the love, because I want to help this game in the process of growing as much as a possibly can.

I love the game, but T1 will always be closest to my heart. But come on, complaining and being a pessimistic jerk is doing nothing but hurting the community, and why would you do something like that? There is only one reason I can think of (unless you have something personally against IGA, VUG, or the players' enjoyment): resentment.

So my message is OK, that is fine, you don't like the game. Take it the eff elsewhere, because we actually want this game to succeede, and there is no real moral reason to whine so much, at least not that I can plainly understand.

I just reread a lot of this thread and aside from a bit of ignorance projected by some there's a lot of good thoughts about Tribes and what makes it work here. Now if only the VUG guys were here to read it.....

On the subject of banning: I'm totally against it. I've spent years reading threads here with some of the worst crap you can imagine and still have no one on my ignore list. If we were all saying the same thing all the time it just wouldn't be worth it. This web site was founded on the premise that we wanted a place where we could say what we wanted (no matter how offensive but within legal boundries). I would like it to remain that way. I have noticed however that there has been way more freedom to speek in TT since the VUG/IGA guys disappeared.

And to the VUG/IGA guys: come on back take your spanling from the people who really love you. I know you have many more important things to do in RL but you'll never have as much fun as you'll have here......y'all come back now, hear?

TT should allow bans.

If you want to flame someone/thing on EVERY SINGLE post with ZERO constructive and often unrelated dialog. You should be banned. At the moment, only person that really deserves a ban, is shieldpackman.

He should spend time in GD if he wants to flame, endlessly. He brings absolutely zero content here.

KillerONE said:
TT should allow bans.

If you want to flame someone/thing on EVERY SINGLE post with ZERO constructive and often unrelated dialog. You should be banned. At the moment, only person that really deserves a ban, is shieldpackman.

He should spend time in GD if he wants to flame, endlessly. He brings absolutely zero content here.

Though I agree, he's still a member. Isn't GD closed to members, or did it re-open?

Yeah... I hear that. We perty much know that he's just another smurf account of mouse/brighteyes/harrypotterdotcom and about a dozen others.
He's already been banned repeatedly... I don't think the admins know a good way to make him go away perminantly.

To do so, may take some extreme messures.

KillerONE said:
TT should allow bans.

i've seen vet4's that are worse...no name's mentioned (none implied either btw)

Mistaken said:
i've seen vet4's that are worse...no name's mentioned (none implied either btw)

Possibly on occasion, you'll see one come here and vent. But not EVERY DAY on EVERY THREAD in EVERY POST.

TT was always supposed to be a place people come to discuss Tribes in an moderated fasion. General is a place to go crazy, nothing held back have at it style of discussion.

TT is slowly turning into General. At this point, you might as well open up GD to all and close down TT. The motive and purpose of TT is long gone. A sad result of an un-inspired community with a dwindling Tribes franchise. There's no longer a need for TT.

KillerONE said:
...TT was always supposed to be a place people come to discuss Tribes in an moderated fasion...

If you want to talk about TRIBES and be pampered with "moderation", I suggest you go here.

Otherwise, I disagree with you about TT on TW. If someone has a whine, bitch, complaint, or "Troll" about TRIBES, it's still TRIBES TALK that is on their mind. I disagree with the efforts of some to censor posters' concerns.

Last edited:
Every thread? You're just so obsessed with me you want to believe that.

It's cool, I have a lot of fans.

edit: Just checked my thread-post count, there's 6 on the front page. So you might want to consider learning how to count or even wiping BitRaisers cum from your teeth and eyes.

BitRaiser said:
Wrong.
Simple as that.
You are wrong.
"Abandoned" implys that they have walked away and just don't give a shaz anymore. That's not what has happened.

There's been a SNAFU on the corperate level. VUG figured silence on it was the best policy. I think they were wrong, but it was their call.
Comunication with both VUG and IG has continued through various channels... just not much publicly. They don't have much they can say right now. Situations like these can get very sticky. Thus is the nature of red tape.

What annoys me most is the people who brand other folks as "cheerleaders" or "fanbois" because they enjoy the game and have faith/hope in/for the people involved.

You call me fanboi, I call you troll and nothing is ever really said. It's both pointless and stupid.

No one is saying that you have to enjoy T:V to post here. However, you also don't have to continously crap on people who are having fun or their product.

my lord .. you are one of the most arrogant person i have seen on this board in a while, at least KillerOne and Amadeu5 actually sound like they know what they are saying and can somewhat debate issues ... but just because you post in every thread, start numerous treads about nothing or useless crap, post every 5 mins, try to look uber to everyone, it does not make you a Tribes expert (you guys should really look at some of the other forums Bit posts on .. you'll get a laught out of those as well).

In my 5 years with the franchise I have never seen nor heard of you until you made your persistence presents known with your countless posts on several forums. You have trolled your way all over anything having to deal with T:V trying to look like you are the end all and know all of T:V/IG/VUG and it all comes down to nothing. You are nothing. You are nobody.

What cracks me up the most is your dealing with the players that have been around these communities, that have done tons more for the Tribes franchise, and have countless reasons to feel like they do with what T:V has done or hasn't done for the franchise. Your google knowledge is hilarious at best and your feverous attempts to gather players on your side while badgering known "haters" to look hip and cool is felonious at best. I find it the best when I come home from work to find your pitiful excuse posts all around TW, and I just ROFL.

I would continue by pleading that you go shoot yourself, but I find the utmost laughter reading your dribble from your many of smurf account you have set to make yourself, and agree with yourself.

I also find it amazingly funny that you somehow read your ignore list persons posts, even as you praise how you never do .... keep up the laughter

Back to topic .... IG abandoned T:V for their next title .. VUG will abandon T:V if and when they ever release the patch .... end of story ..

Last edited:
americanjoe said:
my lord .. you are one of the most arrogant person i have seen on this board in a while, at least KillerOne and Amadeu5 actually sound like they know what they are saying and can somewhat debate issues ... but just because you post in every thread, start numerous treads about nothing or useless crap, post every 5 mins, try to look uber to everyone, it does not make you a Tribes expert (you guys should really look at some of the other forums Bit posts on .. you'll get a laught out of those as well).

In my 5 years with the franchise I have never seen nor heard of you until you made your persistence presents known with your countless posts on several forums. You have trolled your way all over anything having to deal with T:V trying to look like you are the end all and know all of T:V/IG/VUG and it all comes down to nothing. You are nothing. You are nobody.

What cracks me up the most is your dealing with the players that have been around these communities, that have done tons more for the Tribes franchise, and have countless reasons to feel like they do with what T:V has done or hasn't done for the franchise. Your google knowledge is hilarious at best and your feverous attempts to gather players on your side while badgering known "haters" to look hip and cool is felonious at best. I find it the best when I come home from work to find your pitiful excuse posts all around TW, and I just ROFL.

I would continue by pleading that you go shoot yourself, but I find the utmost laughter reading your dribble from your many of smurf account you have set to make yourself, and agree with yourself.

I also find it amazingly funny that you somehow read your ignore list persons posts, even as you praise how you never do .... keep up the laughter

Back to topic .... IG abandoned T:V for their next title .. VUG will abandon T:V if and when they ever release the patch .... end of story ..

Titan Slanger said:
If you want to talk about TRIBES and be pampered with "moderation", I suggest you go here.

Otherwise, I disagree with you about TT on TW. If someone has a whine, bitch, complaint, or "Troll" about TRIBES, it's still TRIBES TALK that is on their mind. I disagree with the efforts of some to censor posters' concerns.

I guess you aren't reading correctly.

I never said pampered.

And a posters concerns? Have you read Sheildpackmans "concerns". He has no concerns, he's just here to see how many people can piss off. I'd love to hear concerns. I'd like to hear constructive feedback. But it's not happening, and those people need atleast a temp ban. American Joe and Panama Jack while negative, actually post constuctive comments. Reasons for their posts.

I mean, is that really what you (collective TT/TW peeps) enjoy? People going round and round about how much they hate something? Flaming back and forth. Rehashing the same trash over and over?

It'd just be nice to have a place to talk about Tribes. Where the players who are passionate about it, can talk about new maps, mods, mutators, ideas, experiences, etc without having to deal with people who's only intent is to get a nice flame war going. I don't see why that's so much to ask.

If you simply disagree with what someone is saying, either post why, or simply say I don't agree. Why does it have to turn into, "Omg you are dumb jerk, T:V sucks you fanboi.. AHHAHAHA". "No you, T:V rocks, I love it, adapt you suck."

Col, Yogi and friends were warning/bannig people for the type of flaming here in TT during it's inception. :shrug:

It's a dead game, horrible forums so I guess I dont' care. TW once again proves it caters to individuals who are unable to have discussions in a civil manner.

Well said.
And personal attacks have nothing to do with Tribes, either.

Point of note: I was on IRC the otherday talking with a large number of people behind the new maps, mods, and content being worked on for T:V when someone asked the question "So where's the new heart of the community? TW is dead and worthless... we need to look for a new place to go.".

Many folks who support T:V have simply walked away from TW in a greater or lesser degree because TW refuses to support them.
:shrug:
Not a big deal.
TW has more car-accedent appeal than anything else.

Last edited:
BitRaiser said:
Well said.
And personal attacks have nothing to do with Tribes, either.

Point of note: I was on IRC the otherday talking with a large number of people behind the new maps, mods, and content being worked on for T:V when someone asked the question "So where's the new heart of the community? TW is dead and worthless... we need to look for a new place to go.".

Many folks who support T:V have simply walked away from TW in a greater or lesser degree because TW refuses to support them.
:shurg:
Not a big deal.
TW has more car-accedent appeal than anything else.

Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out... :bye:

The competition in the video game industry has become so much more intense. Its becoming like independent films vs. major motion pictures.

The only reason T:V was made was that it have a strong single-player. Multiplayer was in a way a by-product. But they did an amazing job with the parameters given. Its a good game, but its not immersive as T2 was in concept, which it needed to expand upon as far as features. No command screen, autoturrets, grenade types, great turret placements etc. Have you seen any real discussion of strategies? That really fuels competition.

Back