So, has VUGames abandoned Tribes?

I do care about the community and if I am banned for the above comments, then so be it, I guess there's not really much one could miss in here anymore, except to maybe watch the slow death of Tribes. BR seems stuck in a world of his own, he makes no sense at all.

BitRaiser said:
Wrong.
Simple as that.
You are wrong.
"Abandoned" implys that they have walked away and just don't give a shaz anymore. That's not what has happened.

There's been a SNAFU on the corperate level. VUG figured silence on it was the best policy. I think they were wrong, but it was their call.
Comunication with both VUG and IG has continued through various channels... just not much publicly. They don't have much they can say right now. Situations like these can get very sticky. Thus is the nature of red tape.

What annoys me most is the people who brand other folks as "cheerleaders" or "fanbois" because they enjoy the game and have faith/hope in/for the people involved.

You call me fanboi, I call you troll and nothing is ever really said. It's both pointless and stupid.

You're not only a retarded fanboy, you're one of the stupidest mother effers I've ever had the pleasure of speaking down to.

And now you're acting as if you're a buffer between IGA and the Tribes community? LOLLOLOLOLOLOL GIVE ME A effin BREAK. You simply cannot be serious.

Jesus, I bet your parents can't effin wait until you turn 18...

Ok... let's take a crack at spoon feeding.

Facts:
T:V has low player counts
The patch has been Delayed due to some Corperate level foul-up
T:V is unappealing to many vets of previous games for various reasons
The game is still being played and enjoyed by many others
There is no killer bug that makes the game unplayable
Numbers have been rising and noobies continue to come in
Sales of T:V did in-fact double over the Holiday Period

That about all the information that I could call inarguable "facts" that are at the community's disposal. How you view what they mean is perty subjective. You can dwell on the negitive side (which you are most likely to do if you aren't a big fan of the new style) or you can look at the brightside of new players coming in and that VUG has NOT walked away despite the negitivity.

Either way, continuing to harp on the subject is pointless.
The best routes to follow for your own personal enjoyment is to either play the game, if you enjoy it, contribute to it however you best can and wait for things to pan out, OR go find something that you enjoy and have fun with that.
Again, crapping on people for what they enjoy is outright stupidity.
Enough said.

Falhawk said:
It is very strange that T:V launches and we stop hearing from: KP, Menzo, guy welch, etc.

Also about this time col leaves and yogi disappears (they both got jobs).

yep, this was the biggest problem by far....it did not help that no one was running tw either....so when 'news' posts came in, they never got posted...plus their news system was broken for a long time.

BR, I have no problems with you...but I did have to laugh at your post where it sounds like you have insider knowledge. Unless you really do, then I'm just laughing at myself.

BitRaiser said:
T:V is unappealing to many vets of previous games for various reasons

T:V is unappealing to both vets AND new players.

BitRaiser said:
Numbers have been rising and noobies continue to come in

Odd, the in game browser continues to show that fact as being completely wrong. Player counts have in fact started going back down again. Like last night less than 300 people at prime time.

Amadeu5 said:
I suppose you know that you have nothing to prove that?

You can look at the numbers and see that while they're might be SOME new players, there's very little.

If T:V was at a consistent 2,000 to 3,000 players, you could then call it successful at bringing in new players. Cause right now, there's just about noone playing it. Of those, it's mostly T1/T2 players. No facts, but when you are looking at the low numbers any guess isn't off by much.

Sad, but true. I wish T:V had higher numbers with higher success, it just doesn't and won't.

Got Haggis? said:
BR, I have no problems with you...but I did have to laugh at your post where it sounds like you have insider knowledge. Unless you really do, then I'm just laughing at myself.
No, I don't have any direct insider info... altough I pick up interesting tib bits along the way. Actually, I know more than I'm posting because I've promised to keep my yap shut about some things.

For the most part, it's pure speculation that fits the model and shouldn't be taken as more or less than that. If it comes across as being more so, then my appoligies... it shouldn't.

Assume anything that I comment on publicly is speculation purely for the amusment of the community and to get people thinking about what else might be going on. Generally, when I know something that hasn't been announced offically, I make no comments.

And laughing is good! What's wrong with a cheep chuckle, eh?
;)

Hope that clears some things up.

BitRaiser said:
No, I don't have any direct insider info... altough I pick up interesting tib bits along the way. Actually, I know more than I'm posting because I've promised to keep my yap shut about some things.

For the most part, it's pure speculation that fits the model and shouldn't be taken as more or less than that. If it comes across as being more so, then my appoligies... it shouldn't.

Assume anything that I comment on publicly is speculation purely for the amusment of the community and to get people thinking about what else might be going on. Generally, when I know something that hasn't been announced offically, I make no comments.

And laughing is good! What's wrong with a cheep chuckle, eh?
;)

Hope that clears some things up.

Don't worry, no one actually reads into what you have to say anyways.

You make people laugh because you're so effin stupid, not because you're funny.

[AKA]PanamaJack said:
T:V is unappealing to both vets AND new players.

I think T:V was really appealing to big number of vets until WoW and some better games came out. Now many of them are in same situtation as i am. T:V is a good game but there is no players, no challenge, or future updates (as in more than 1 patch), or they are playing WoW/CS:S/something else that they find more fun. But atm, dead game is not very appealing to vets anymore either.

Appealing for new players? No i dont think that it ever was. I bet that many of the new players mostly played the SP and not the MP game. Many Europeans probably warezed the game for the SP experience only because of the later release date.

New players are not looking for jetpacks, skiing, cft, or weapons that require more skills to use.

What did draw people to Tribes 1 and Tribes 2 was the unique gameplay with cool vehicles and large maps. Its not unique anymore, and BF games have better vehicles now. Newbies will choose BF games over Tribes anytime.

With limited maps, and poor vehicles i would have hated T:V as a Tribes newbie. As a Tribes player, i really liked it until 95% of my team went inactive because of WoW, clan matches were the last reason to play the game that lacked proper support and challenge in pubs/matches.

We have T1, T2 Base/Base ++, T2 Classic, T1 LT / T2 Cluster, and T:V. All 5 are really different games with their own fans. No wonder why all the Tribes games have so small playernumbers. If T2 and T:V would have been slightly changed T1 with better gfx and some new features, i bet that the newest Tribes game would be up there today with UT2004 and Q3. Tribes community was in its prime just before the release of T2, after that the downhill started.

Last edited:
shieldpackman said:
Don't worry, no one actually reads into what you have to say anyways.

You make people laugh because you're so effin stupid, not because you're funny.

Persistant little mebar troll isnt he... he hasnt missed one of BR's posts yet.

Amadeu5 said:
I suppose you know that you have nothing to prove that?

Let's see... No new players... Tens of thousands of downloads of the free demo and the demo servers are even deader than the retail game.

If new players actually liked the game you would see the player counts going up instead of going down as the new players STAYED. It's called empirical evidence.

Last edited:
I still have fun playing T:V, but I know I can't get any of my friends to pickup a copy. Even my roommate that sits beside me comments on how good the game looks and how fast it plays, but he doesn't want to deal with the learning curve.

Of course having a game released right before Halo2 and Halflife2 is going to hurt your sales, not eveyone has the money to buy every game that looks like it might be fun. They will buy games that all their friends will play and not have to to spend more than 20 minutes learning how to play the game.

Put somebody who has been playing tribes for 5+ years against somebody that has been playing for a week and it is easy to see who will do better. The player that has been playing for a week will probably think twice about playing again.

T:V seems easy for us, just because enough of us were playing tribes1 before there was skiiing, and we got to learn how to it as it was being figured out. At this point it is so natural for most of us to ski we will try to do it in any fps we play that has a slight incline.

Not having a patch yet is just killing the game that much more, T:V will be one of those games that will be mentioned a year from now as a game that is worth taking a look because it is so cheap.

Back