So, has VUGames abandoned Tribes?

Lonzo said:
WTF are u talking about.. how can those ppl THAT DON"T POST BE PART OF A COMMUNITY? If there is no effing communication between the people there is no effing community. TW = T:V

We are the veterans of the effing game... ok.. we are T:V.

thx

Played tribes since 2001 and never even signed up to post on TW until 3 months ago. TW is the scary side of the community. :shrug:

Mistaken said:
Played tribes since 2001 and never even signed up to post on TW until 3 months ago. TW is the scary side of the community. :shrug:

Agreed. Played since 2000, but didn't sign up till just before T:V release.

Solarius said:
As it is, the only time I post is when I get so fed up with the effheads who don't even own the game posting graphs that are completely untrue.
And how does that contribute to anything again?

BitRaiser said:
If the guys at Irrational have <3 for the game, they will push to keep playing with it even if VUG doesn't foot the bill OR even if there's not that many players.
Provided that they have the rights to do that, of course.

Mistaken said:

I've played tribes since tribes 1 and I never came to these boards untill t:v beta. I knew about TW though.

Stop the complaining and wait untill the patch.

Effing nay sayers.

BitRaiser said:
I'd say that it more likely that VUG has abbandoned TW than T:V.

You hit the nail on the head here Bit. There is too much T:V hating going on around here. I don't blame VUG or IGA one bit for abandonging Tribalwar.com. Why would they want to invest time in a community that doesn't show any love for their hard work.

I think, IMHO, involving Tribalwar.com and all the miscreants here was what doomed T:V. Given all the negative publicity. It seems to me that the personalities here are very hostile and not very welcoming. But this is just my observation.

aCynicalPie said:
Yeah, umm, generally if you don't play a game and only get on its forums to bitch and complain about how it sucks, that's called trolling.

Yep, anyone who doesn't like the game is trolling.

The game is perfect as-is. :rolleyes:

naptown said:

You're missing the point.

You feel about the game as you want. You may also post your opinion. However, adding nothing to that opinion about why exactly you don't like certain things, and not proposing alternate solutions to make things better gets old fast. So even if you don't like the game, at least include what's wrong with it in your posts.

Lonzo said:
WTF are u talking about.. how can those ppl THAT DON"T POST BE PART OF A COMMUNITY? If there is no effing communication between the people there is no effing community. TW = T:V

thx

For example.. Bytor, PJ and the rest of the Tribes IRC moderators. You dont think they are part of the community? I Opped and IRC Opped for this Game for the first 4 years of it's existance. Spent countless hours sitting in the #tribes IRC channel answering questions of new players, Keeping momo's like you from hassling the new players and keeping other losers from stealing channels and harrassing people. What have you done FOR the game except bitch about it?? There are other Tribes sites. There are the Ladder admins many of which do NOT post here but a good number of us read the forums and help where we can silently. Unlike you we only post when we have something intelligent to say.

By your definition just becouse I dont post every mindless thought that pops into my head on this forum I have contributed nothing. I have been a member of theis board for quite some time I think this is only the 2nd or 3rd time I posted but believe me when I tell you I , as well as all the mappers who dont post and the other IRC Moderators,have been involved.

naptown said:

I think that what these folks are trying to say is that they have already gathered from your posts that: you don't like the game, don't play the game, and don't care if it gets patched or not.

If you need to correct that, feel free to post. If you agree, call this a friendly hand shake and leave graciously rather than continuing to try to repeat your views over and over to the same people. You're not going to convince anyone but yourself.

The third possibility is that you have something to offer that would actually contribute positively to this pathetic situation (which is what I was originally looking for).

...then again, maybe you're not understanding my purpose in what I've been saying for the past 4-5 posts.

Everything that needed to be changed has been posted time and time again. Just like my counter-productive statements of shazbot talking about the game. Yet, nothing is being done about it. Of course, there's the godsent patch coming out that will save the day, but it won't change basic gameplay of T:V. I assume if they even do release a patch, it will be nothing but an anti-cheat device and a few other minor bug fixes.

naptown said:
...then again, maybe you're not understanding my purpose in what I've been saying for the past 4-5 posts.

Everything that needed to be changed has been posted time and time again. Just like my counter-productive statements of shazbot talking about the game. Yet, nothing is being done about it. Of course, there's the godsent patch coming out that will save the day, but it won't change basic gameplay of T:V. I assume if they even do release a patch, it will be nothing but an anti-cheat device and a few other minor bug fixes.
You'd assume right, as it has already been confirmed on IG/VUG's side.

However, you can never know what those ideas that we posted earlier are being used for. Perhaps there will be another patch that fixes gameplay issues along the lines we mentioned. And even if not, there's always the possibility of making mods that incorporate them.

Anyway, Cheater put it well. If you have constructive things to say, do it, if not, then please let those who like T:V enjoy it without being reminded of its flaws.

naptown said:
Fair enough.
Well, I'm taken aback.
That's one of the most mature presponces I've seen around here.
Congrats on managing to flip the opinion of you that had been building up on my end after reading your posts. Keep that up and you can be a damned fine asset to the community... liking the T:V or not.

Lonzo said:

thx

..but you do know that there is a world outside the USA ?

Back