So, has VUGames abandoned Tribes?

p0of said:
As for those "comepletely untrue graphs", just look at the real player numbers: Its not even Top 30.

http://www.csports.net/TopGames.aspx?Matrix=0&Mod=0
Jast as a total aside, there's something wrong with that site. First off, there's not seperate listing for CS:S and if you check under CS you currently see:

1 Counter-Strike 72,077 7,418,287
2 Condition Zero 6,383 531,744
3 Source 0 1,857,157

Hmm. A little pooched there 'eh?
This means there are currently more people playing T:V than CS:S!!
WOOFRIGGEN HOO!! :p
T:V must be the shaz yo.

Wouldn't it also make sence that if they were going to lump both CS and CS:S together than they should lump in all three tribes game?

TV has a smaller playercount then Star Trek: Elite Force and ive never even heard of that game.
Treky nerds. There's heards of 'em. Actually, it wasn't a bad single player game, if you could stomach the cheese.

Last edited:
DudeofDeath said:
This is very likely the last patch that will be released for this game. There will be no more, and you have to start to wonder if one will be released at all due to their deafning silence...
So who at VUG told you this, or do you work there?

We have no idea if this is the last patch or not.

At0m|c said:
So who at VUG told you this, or do you work there?

We have no idea if this is the last patch or not.

It's basic math.

VUGAMES Viewpoint:

Let's see we sold crap for copies... half were returned.

Community actively playing worldwide currently at 100-500 players.

We have currently lost our ass in dev costs, verses the actual success of the game. (Player adoption, store sell-through, current player numbers)

We have currently lost our ass financially on this game do to our own pitiful gameplay change ideas.(Instead of listening, during Alpha & Beta, to those who have played the game for years and told us what made Tribes great) And because of our own poor marketing. [Repeat of line above, just because we at VUGames are stubborn and it takes several times before we can comprehend our own failures]

[Question] Should we make a second patch for the game at a cost of $50,000 - $100,000, after first one was a failure and community stands at 100 diehard noob fans?? Will we see a fair return on our investment??? 100 loyal fans will think better of us and this will be so good for our image?? Should we make this 2nd patch??

Answers anyone??

Something you are missing in your little equasion there Dude, is the heart.

Irrational put a lot of work into the game. EVERY Dev type I've ever met (outside of EA) got involved in the industry because they like doing what they do. I've never met a codie or artist that's totally happy with things when they go out the door. They do things like tweak and twiddle on their own time, just because they know that things could be that much better.

If the guys at Irrational have <3 for the game, they will push to keep playing with it even if VUG doesn't foot the bill OR even if there's not that many players.

This is what sucks so bad about TW insisting on remaining a petulant bitch fest. The constant poop-slinging takes the joy outta it. Why bother if people are gonna whine like spoiled little brats? Eff 'em.

I hope they suffer the slings and arrows and contune to do their own thing for the love of their own game.

BitRaiser said:
Something you are missing in your little equasion there Dude, is the heart.

Irrational put a lot of work into the game. EVERY Dev type I've ever met (outside of EA) got involved in the industry because they like doing what they do. I've never met a codie or artist that's totally happy with things when they go out the door. They do things like tweak and twiddle on their own time, just because they know that things could be that much better.

If the guys at Irrational have <3 for the game, they will push to keep playing with it even if VUG doesn't foot the bill OR even if there's not that many players.

This is what sucks so bad about TW insisting on remaining a petulant bitch fest. The constant poop-slinging takes the joy outta it. Why bother if people are gonna whine like spoiled little brats? Eff 'em.

I hope they suffer the slings and arrows and contune to do their own thing for the love of their own game.

Who's whining, it's just facts. I'm not complaining, this is just how it is. No Dev I know that currently works for a large developer is gonna go way out of his 12-14 hour day to continue patching a game for 100 people. Not/Never.

Wake up and smell the coffee Mr. Laruso... I mean Bit Raiser...

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Pachacutec
tribes is the slightly chubby chick that effs like a aphrodite siren sex addict, while stimulating your brain with post-coital intellectual pursuits.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn, woulda sold a million copies had they put that on the front cover.

Wait.. if this isn't the only community then TW should have no affect on VUG/IG and their support for the game right? So why do you keep blaming TW?

Make up your damn mind

well this is the main site that they posted at and look at TW now, unmoderated whineing brats POSTING THE SAME THREAD OVER 500X and its the same peeps time after time posting the threads ah hell were in

Starwars Attack of the CLONE POSTS

Last edited:
SuperTrap said:
They screwed up because the majority of people hate the game. Or is there some other reason hardly anyone plays it?

whoa whoa a majority of the people do NOT hate the game

when it first came out it got like 80% approval based on tw posts.

when you consider how critical tw is of games it was an overwelming success, then people pretty much stopped playing when the lack of support and player base became clear, and games like wow and CSS came out to sweep away people who were not firmly attatched.

i think one of the biggest things that has hurt T:V was thrax leaving right as the product shipped......if i remember correctly, there was someone else at VUG that took over his position...but the problem is, he probably knows jack shazbot about tribes and the community....and he certainly doesnt visit here.

i would like tw to try and organize a post-release interview with IG and maybe a few from VU to see what they think of the release. of course, i'm sure we'll just get "no comment"

the silence about the patch and what it fixes is retarded. i dont even care about the release date of the patch....i just want to know if i should continue to care about t:v or not, or just give it up and go back to playing t1 and t2.

For what it's worth I have sent emails to the few contacts I have at VU telling them they need to drop the James Bond routine with the patch details because it's pissing everyone off.

Not that I expect to see anything happen. But hey, I tried.

p0of said:
you sir, are an effhead.
first off, i, and many other people who "should get banned" do own TV. And we don't like it. This isn't something all of us do to look cool. Belive me, if the game wasn't a failure, you would have a lot less people complaining and complaining about it. The truth is, many many many people don't like it, and you can see it in the numbers. As for those "comepletely untrue graphs", just look at the real player numbers: Its not even Top 30.

http://www.csports.net/TopGames.aspx?Matrix=0&Mod=0

TV has a smaller playercount then Star Trek: Elite Force and ive never even heard of that game.

Thanks for doing all that research. It must have been exhaustive tallying up all the people complaining about T:V. Oh wait.. it was the same five people who post 20X a day? They've all admited they would never buy the game?

"Truth is.."? Bhahahah, there's barely an oz. of truth to anything you said.. just the playercount, which I could care less about as there's more than enough people playing on fast servers ALL THE TIME. I've NEVER been lacking for a full server with a ping under 100. CS has the highest player counts of any game, and I couldn't think of a worse game to play.. maybe player counts are like golf. TW isn't anything but the "whine zone", there is like 1 useful post in every hundred. Usually by people who are adding to the community. The rest are the 4-5 trolls that don't own the game. When you have those people ignored, (AmericanJoe finally qualified for this list with his post about T:V could never be fixed no matter what, which makes me wonder why he's even here; which is the main qualification) you realize that almost all the threads start with these losers. Reading TW does not qualify anyone, in anyway, for anything.

Edit: Oh yeah, and if you don't like the game.. either help to fix it, or leave. You don't need to waste you're time here, and the time of the people who actually want to work to make this a better game, just like had to be done with Tribes 2.

Last edited:
Solarius said:
Thanks for doing all that research. It must have been exhaustive tallying up all the people complaining about T:V. Oh wait.. it was the same five people who post 20X a day? They've all admited they would never buy the game?

"Truth is.."? Bhahahah, there's barely an oz. of truth to anything you said.. just the playercount, which I could care less about as there's more than enough people playing on fast servers ALL THE TIME. I've NEVER been lacking for a full server with a ping under 100. CS has the highest player counts of any game, and I couldn't think of a worse game to play.. maybe player counts are like golf. TW isn't anything but the "whine zone", there is like 1 useful post in every hundred. Usually by people who are adding to the community. The rest are the 4-5 trolls that don't own the game. When you have those people ignored, (AmericanJoe finally qualified for this list with his post about T:V could never be fixed no matter what, which makes me wonder why he's even here; which is the main qualification) you realize that almost all the threads start with these losers. Reading TW does not qualify anyone, in anyway, for anything.

Staying in denial won't save the game. Neither will a godsent patch.

It's terribly made, marketed, and should have been freeware.

naptown said:
Staying in denial won't save the game. Neither will a godsent patch.

It's terribly made, marketed, and should have been freeware.

What's to deny? You don't like that game, I do. Go find another game and post on its forum. Stop thinking that because you don't like something everybody else shouldn't and won't either. I like sushi, and spinach too. If you don't, should I give up eating those? Unless you want to help, please leave, or go post on the T1/T2 forums..

Solarius said:
What's to deny? You don't like that game, I do. Go find another game and post on its forum. Stop thinking that because you don't like something everybody else shouldn't and won't either. I like sushi, and spinach too. If you don't, should I give up eating those? Unless you want to help, please leave, or go post on the T1/T2 forums..

Oh yeah, if you don't like the game, you can't post about it. :rolleyes:

How do I help you? Everyone's already gave their input about how and what to do to the game to save it. Yet, nothing has changed in gameplay.

I just find it funny that the 100 or so people that like the game think they are going to appease the 1000s by modding it or whatever. By all means, great attempt, great help, but why not move on to a more worthy game? You can mod the game all you want, but you can't change the game engine.

Yes, please move on. I'm not saying you can't post if you don't like the game. But if you've given up.. GIVE UP, on posting too. We DON'T WANT to move on because we LIKE THE GAME, and see a lot of potential. We've seen the 1000's of posts by the half dozen people saying "this game sux0rs". Great.. its not necessary, you don't need to change our minds, or save our "souls". We're enjoying it, stop trying to spread your misery.

Back