So, has VUGames abandoned Tribes?

No one is dissing your little game.

T2 was a commercial success. T1 wasn't. A lot of people liked T2, far more than the T1 fanatics will admit. Of course, being a commercial success doesn't mean it's a good game. But the T1 fanbois act as if everyone hated T2 along with them.

T2 worked just fine out of the box for me and thousands of others. I had no technical problems with it. This was the experience of thousands of other players.

I know the TW people think they are the be-all, end-all of the gaming world, and that their views on these games is universal. It is not so.

Cheater, you must not have played the same Tribes 2 everyone else did ;)

Oh and 5000 - Cheater = 4999...which, excuse me for being blunt, doesn't bother me a bit. You weren't missed ;)

Devo_N said:
No one is dissing your little game.

T2 was a commercial success. T1 wasn't. A lot of people liked T2, far more than the T1 fanatics will admit. Of course, being a commercial success doesn't mean it's a good game. But the T1 fanbois act as if everyone hated T2 along with them.

T2 worked just fine out of the box for me and thousands of others. I had no technical problems with it. This was the experience of thousands of other players.

I know the TW people think they are the be-all, end-all of the gaming world, and that their views on these games is universal. It is not so.

WTF??? What planet are you from? T2 worked fine out of the Box? Where were you when it was released....You must have forgot that you had to download a patch before you could play it. Look at the Credits....I'm listed under T for Tom "Cheater" Szabo. My Brother was in the Meta Test. They had over 200 bugs reported. None of them had been addressed when the game was released. I ran "The Dark Side" T2 server one of the top TWL competion server. What other T2 laurels do I need? Besides the multiple T2 LAN Tourney's I've hosted?

And you are???? Point is T2 Fanboy stick to your T2 fan sites or join the Tribes community.

And shazbotmouthtalkinpacman......you're not worth the cost of the abortion your mother should have had.

Sorry to everyone else. Not usually my style. Carry on.

Last edited:
Cheater, is it possible for you to hold a discussion without being a pompus jackass?

T2 was fine out of the box. I had no problems with it during ALL of beta / meta / what-eta. I was running a 400mhz, 64mbr, v3 system at the time and yes, I actually had fun with it.

Anyways, don't you have some friends to be buying or something? lol...

shieldpackman said:
Cheater, is it possible for you to hold a discussion without being a pompus jackass?

T2 was fine out of the box. I had no problems with it during ALL of beta / meta / what-eta. I was running a 400mhz, 64mbr, v3 system at the time and yes, I actually had fun with it.

Ok it's obvious you have no clue wtf you are talking about.

T2 was fine out of the box? When did you play this, the last time they released classic with T2? If that's the case then you really have no clue what you are talking about and should just go stab yourself in the face with a fork.

Where do these morons come from?

Oops.....I just realized......NoFix! = shazbottalkinpacboy!

You haven't given up yet? Still crashin T1 servers?

Ok maybe not but it was a good guess.....

Last edited:
shieldpackman said:

shieldpackman, is it possible for you to hold a discussion without being a ignorant whiny bitch?

T2 was not fine out of the box. I had several problems with the game on my evolving system. I originally had a p3 800 with a voodoo 3/ATI rage 2. Moved unto an AMD 1600+ with a geforce 2, then went to a 2600+ with a 9800 Pro.

On all setups, I've experienced problems with T2. Granted they got better over time, the fact remains that if I even have my fingers hovering over alt+tab, I get a UE. If you don't believe me google "Tribes 2 UE" and see wtf comes up.

Cheater said:
Oops.....I just realized......NoFix! = shazbottalkinpacboy!

You haven't given up yet? Still crashin T1 servers?

Ok maybe not but it was a good guess.....
Getting a little slow on the uptake in yer old age, eh?
:lol:
I'm perty sure I posted this theory under the first thread he started... right after his last surf account was banned.
brighteyes, harrypotterdotcom, mouse, and a hand full of others are all other accounts from this same dweeb that have already been banned.
What the hell is taking so long this time?

T2 was actualy well done in many ways, but many (not all) staunch T1 vets that never gave it a chance after the release debacle, never came back to realize how good it became with mods like classic and base ++, along with the new audience of players it attracted with its base gameplay and mods like vehicles, great tribal war etc. T2's rejection on release by many vets wasnt just due to the endless patches to fix bugs, but the fact that the gameplay speed (skiing, jetting etc) was seriously nerfed. Big factor even in light of the bugs.

TV is definitely not buggy like T2 was on its release, and yes it has a good single player game and the skiing is fast and easy. With that said however, I dont think the MP of TV is as feature rich and a good evolution for Tribes in terms of game design and features compared to T2. With T2 they nerfed the speed to hell in a great design version ofTribes. With TV they did the complete opposite. They figured the way to make the game popaular was to provide a full complete SP and simply make it fast. Thats good and all, but everything else was ripped out or diminshed. Yes the ski speed factor is in TV, but a lot of everything else leaves you feeling a bit empty and buggy.

Like T2, I'm hopeful that TV will improve and become a great game. (Im trying to move away from the hate club). My only concern is that bugs can be fixed, but its easier to adjust an attribute like speed (added to T2 easily) versus trying to build in and modify the engine to put back everything that was removed or watered down in TV.

And by the way Shieldpackman you make T2 players seem like dimwits to some of the vets you're harking on here. I dont think you realize some of these folks are legends of the Tribes world. You really need to quit with the hate trolling. There is a Tribes game we can all like, but putting everyone down doesnt help.

Last edited:
Mistaken said:
I think that those who say t2 killed tribes, are the ones who got back into it when t2-classic killed t2 (not so much --killed, but injury would be a way to describe it); then they only saw 700-800 ppl online.
:shrug:

IIRC alot of servers (2 of ours) came down that day and never showed back up.

Some say T2 killed Tribes because its release DID kill momentum of the competition community due to the horrid nerfed speed in base. Secondly, there were so many patches and reverse patches it ticked of a lot of Tribes players. Yes T2 actually sold well on its initial release because there was so much hopeful anticipation for the game. The hype was very much alive for T2, not so much with TV.

Mods like classic did not kill T2 either. Do you think the release of classic meant that no one else could play base? It was a mod. It wasnt like classic was released and all of a sudden everyone had to play classic. A lot of the dwindling numbers were probaly due to many vet players that dropped out of the T2 game scene all together after giving it some time and testing. That happened over time prior to the release of classic or other sped up mod variations. When T2 became more refined with its final patches and mods, it was already too late, the game was considered old to new gamers, many T1 vets would never give it another chance and next to the vets that did like T2 a new group of players became attached to T2 that never played T1.

It should be obvious now, that T4 if ever made should have Tribes 1 physics with all the features from T1 and T2 to please a majority of the community. I thought that was obvious when they were making TV.

Last edited:
sigh. anyway, i apologize for striking out a bit in my last post in this thread, i dont like comparing fighting between the t1 and t2 communities. i guess since i loved the game so much i do get defensive.

lets all pray for a stable patch, and hope we can get along.

now if i could just find a way to un-stupid this reply...

?B-MAN said:
Do you think the release of classic meant that no one else could play base? It was a mod. It wasnt like classic was released and all of a sudden everyone had to play classic.

Actually that is pretty close to what happened when classic was released.

Classic was bundled with the last patch for the game. The way the bundle was packaged most people ended up with Classic servers when they patched the game. So you had the vast majority of servers that used to be base or base++ suddenly change to Classic. If they would have released the Classic mod as a SEPERATE download you probably would have seen alot fewer classic servers appear. But since the classic mod was virtually an integral part of the patch you ended up with most of the servers that installed the patch running Classic.

You couldn't find a Base++ server if your life depended on it after the patch came out because the patch itself broke Base++. Base++ was fixed and made availible for use with the new patch before it came out but most servers stuck with the default install.

Base servers were rare but not as rare as Base++. About the only base servers were very high ping that I could find. When an official patch has a mod built in and set to install virtually as the default then you end up with almost all of the servers running the mod.

Last edited:
You forgot to mention that for atleast awhile, all base and base ++ servers were only displayed as "variant" making it very tough for T2 purists to find a game to play in.

Oh, and I think you effed up here:
[AKA]PanamaJack said:
Base servers were rare but not as rare as Classic.
Might wanna fix that.

Ah. Well... still, it was a problem in my later days.
I did end up walking away from T2 because I felt that Classic wasn't... how to put this best...?

It wasn't true to the original vision of the Dynamix team. That vision being co-ordination and teamwork being greater than cowboying. THAT is what set T2 apart from other FPS games to me.

But that's just personal taste.

Vengeance is similar to classic in that sense. You can cowboy when there is no coordination on the other team. However when you are up against a LD that is your equal it won't happen in either game.

[AKA]PanamaJack said:
Classic was bundled with the last patch for the game. The way the bundle was packaged most people ended up with Classic servers when they patched the game.

Huh? One has to add an option to the command line to select Classic. Without that option (and editing the config file in the Classic subdirectory), the system comes up Base. Or did you mean that all the Base++ servers which were now unable to run switched to Classic instead of reverting to Base? That claim would make more sense.

Back