So, has VUGames abandoned Tribes?

I've always had just one thing to say about this whole thing....Bring back Dynamix and you bring back Tribes. Otherwise I have a very bad feeling this will be the last Tribes game we see. The community has dwindled to all but TW more than likely and even most of TW isn't happy. Yes most of TW isn't happy with much but the first Tribes started this place, someone must've been happy then.

well I guess we can expect to see T:V as a digital download from fileplanet/gamespy - which they usually do with games when they dont sell well - (other games have been Deus Ex: IW, and Leisure Suit Larry)

glad to see guy finally posting though.

hmm question... I thought SWAT4 uses VENGEANCE ENGINE and I took a look at screenshots...

shot00000.jpg

spot something which we dont have in T:V? :)

Some of you had noiced this last night -- Tribes: Vengeance is online at http://www.direct2drive.com/. The launch will be met with an advertising push on IGN -- the online ads are pretty awesome.

As for the games there not being the strongest.... well Leisure Suit Larry was a top 10 game when it launched in October and it actually beat our forecasts. The direct2drive version of the game was launched a few weeks after that -- it contains all the nudity and other stuff that would have pushed the game into ESRB "Adult" rating (that version was not released to stores -- all major accounts refused to stock it)

As for the general "post-mortem" of Tribes, I've got a lot of thoughts about it, but have refrained from posting here in a one-off manner.

Thanks Guy!

Good to see you are keeping a level head. I think we all appreciate the response and hope you maintain a level of communication with us. That's all the majority here are asking for. Let us know you (VU) still care (about Tribes)!

:)

Got Haggis? said:
PJ you need to stfu, good god.

everyone knows that marweas was laid off, not fired....and thrax was offered a position in LA, but did not want to move and turned it down.

Hey, Marweas, you're being "laid off" *wink* (not like there's any chance--ever--of being called back to work, especially if you find gainful employment elsewhere, you traitor).

Hey, Thrax, you can move your family to Timbuktu, where the cost of living is 50% higher and the commute is 3x as long, but you don't get a raise and we still need you to work 14 hours a day.

I've been in both of those situations before. Trust me, right or wrong, they were fired.

KillerONE said:
Thanks Guy!

Good to see you are keeping a level head. I think we all appreciate the response and hope you maintain a level of communication with us. That's all the majority here are asking for. Let us know you (VU) still care (about Tribes)!

:)

Yea, it's cool to finally here something from VU about whats up. I think many are still wondering or wanting to know if any more Tribes Games will be made, and if we can restore to the series, the depth and gamestyle the first two games had.

It seems obvious that although this game got good reviews and all, so far it just hasn't really grabbed gamers and possessed them to play it. What made Tribes stand out above many other games was the great depth of the game, the huge maps, the vehicles, and the teamwork, skill, and coordination required to win. This was the challenge that brought gamers back, time and time again, and although T:V looks good, and has some things goin for it, too much of what made Tribes Tribes seems gone.

What'd I'd like to see is another Tribes Game set 100-200 years in the future from Tribes2, with bigger maps, and larger numbers of people able to play on a single server, (even though competetive play may still be better on a 32-man server). It would have advanced looking versions of the shrike, the bomber, tank, etc., as well as maybe a few other useful vehicles, maybe a few mechs even. The same communication and team/clan options that Tribes2 had and then some. Instead of looking more cartooney, it would look more believable, more realistic, like this world could truly exist in the future. The cartooney look is actually what many potential Tribes players that first go to play T:V don't like. Break some new ground. Where massive maps and very large teams are possible, (and I do mean very large). There's much more I could add, but just don't have time right now. This is a game that would sell and likely be popular with Tribes vets and noobs alike as long as it wasn't released prematurely, unfinished, and full of bugs, like T2 was.

Just thoughts. It'd be nice to know by everyone here, that someday another version of the game may be produced that brings back more of what made the game special. It seems more of a run-of-the-mill shooter now with jetpacks. Any more comments from VU about this sure would be appreciated, but at least you made an appearance and told us something. Thanks

DudeofDeath said:
What'd I'd like to see is another Tribes Game set 100-200 years in the future from Tribes2, with bigger maps, and larger numbers of people able to play on a single server, (even though competetive play may still be better on a 32-man server). It would have advanced looking versions of the shrike, the bomber, tank, etc., as well as maybe a few other useful vehicles, maybe a few mechs even. The same communication and team/clan options that Tribes2 had and then some.

It coming out this year. But its called Battlefield 2 :)

guy.welch said:
As for the general "post-mortem" of Tribes, I've got a lot of thoughts about it, but have refrained from posting here in a one-off manner.

please do because many of us who had really high hopes for the game and are angry about it being unfinished are left scratching our heads.

guy.welch said:

Your use of the term "post-mortem," while understandable, is disturbing.

I'm looking forward to what you post on this subject in the future.

Back