[Patch] Patch, where art thou?!

blissful said:
the question is, proceed to release or proceed to continue work on the patch

PB would be one party, what's the other?
Since it's speculation time, it's either VUG or IG.
If it's VUG it's likely payment contracts, display rights, or code release.

If it's Irrational, it's almost certainly code release.

I'll just throw this out there.

I was playing the SWAT4 demo earlier, and had the pleasure to play with one of the game developers from Irrational Games Boston studio. (T:V is made by the Australia studio.) I asked him if he knew anything about the T:V patch, and he replied that he thought he heard that Irrational has the patch complete, but is waiting for the publisher's permission to release it.

BitRaiser said:
:lol:
Well... there's not sign of shieldpacktard or everyone's favorit bundle of negitive re-enforcment (aka, Panama Jack) in the thread... or on this page at any rate.

It might just survive.

Sorry bucky. Just to make you squirm. :D

BitRaiser said:
This will lead to a round of yet more complaining, crying, rampent flaming, and invaribaly 100% sure Panama Jack will at one point say "I told you so" even though he was completely and utterly wrong about the reason.

Hey, I mentioned that the delay was probably because Punkbuster pulled out when they removed the T:V forums from their site. What it would be is a problem with the makers of Punkbuster. I would almost bet that it relates to royalty payments for each copy of T:V that will use punkbuster and VUG doesn't want to pay what they are asking.

Last edited:
[AKA]PanamaJack said:
Hey, I mentioned that the delay was probably because Punkbuster pulled out when they removed the T:V forums from their site. What it would be is a problem with the makers of Punkbuster. I would almost bet that it relates to royalty payments for each copy of T:V that will use punkbuster and VUG doesn't want to pay what they are asking.

I'm glad because I'm sure they can do better (and cheaper).

The point is:
T:V players not only beeing cheaten by other players with f*ck*ng aimbots but are beeing cheaten by the developers themself.

You demand respect but do you deserve it? I don't think so.

Yesterday my T:V tribe decided to wait until 31st of january and to give the patch the chance to appear (without the knowledge above) and now - to sad - I came to the conclusion we should drop T:V right now and not wait any longer to more and more beeing cheated by people they not do their jobs.

No - I do not call them liars - because they are not - they only not tell the whole truth. But if they told the whole truth other people could have done maybe better solutions to prevent cheating on T:V. This possibility is prevented if not destroyed.

Thanks! You really killed tribes. Be proud of it!

P.S.: May the future bring a patch. But for the moment I am very frustrated all about of this sh*t.

these guys are a joke
selling an incomplete totally unbalanced game.

and the next patch WITHOUT any gameplay changes takes 4 month?

and you wonder why noone is playing.

wow (not the game...although i did move to it); i'm glad we decided not to pay until Feb. (was 1 vote away from having too...and I voted to wait). ROFL @ the ppl who still waited.

I really hate to see Tribes die. Even with the last insulting installment I was gonna stick it out (without my team if I had too). I actually thought legends was alright, just needed some of the added t2-features (havoks, t2-scale maps, etc) and it might have been nice. Even to this day I launch it to find 4 empty servers. If t2-classic wouldn't have scared off the 1000 or so ppl it did (like my team ...t2-classic killed base++ & our mod; and a lot of ppl seem to quit 'overnight') i'd still be playing that. I do; but lakrabbit isn't really competition material and t2-ctf was just "there" ...fun as far as a simple explanation. T2-classic took away the need for these positions that made it fun & also it felt alot less like teamplay. I'm almost starting to wonder if that was why T:V turned out the way it did. :shrug:

:cry: thanks IG!!

If Guy says the deal is outstanding its worth waiting a bit more... mean while say your team members not to whore that much with grapler and shieldpack :roller:

[AKA]PanamaJack said:

sounds logical to me

How about they just release the patch without Punkbuster When they get thier legal shazbot sorted out then they can add it. How do you start including PB without coming to an agreement in the first place?

guy.welch said:
The patch has been delayed from our initial December release date due to an outstanding agreement between two third parties. They need to come to terms before we can proceed.
Would guy refer to the company he's working for as a 'third party'? Considering that it's VUG who has the rights to delay the patch, I don't think that it could ever be called a third party that is causing the delay.

I'd say it's probably IG and PB, but what can they agree (or not agree in this case) on?

Kinda OT but would adding carving be consider bug fixing? I kinda figure since the final release was "Feature complete" that carving would be considered a Feature. This honestly is one of my biggest concerns.

Back