[Patch] Patch, where art thou?!

ScratchMonkey said:
With other games like UT2004 and Counter-Strike there are 3rd party anti-cheat systems, usually created by volunteers. These may or may not cooperate with other anti-cheat systems.

Yeah, I'm aware of some of those. I was wondering if there were any other commercial apps like PB out there that aren't game specific.

Any information would be better. Tell us it's never going to happen, tell us to eff off and die. Tell us you don't care. ANYTHING so we can either move on or continue waiting. This is like a bad breakup when lovers just stop talking to each other.

These jerkoffs are holding this game hostage. We want it back.

At this point they probably don't really care what anyone thinks. The game probably didn't sell enough copies for them to care what the few people who bought the game think. They look at their bottom line and figure a few thousand pissed off people is something they can possibly lose for future sales compared to current overall sales of all their products. Compare the possible revenue lost from future sales to those few people to money they would have to spend to make those few happy. The results are probably screw the few who are pissed off because we save more money by ignoring them.

The results would probably be a whole lot different if the game sold like gangbusters.

You guys are banking too much on this 'godsend' patch.

Do the math, 3 years in the making, a couple months extra isn't going to add anything major.

mc-fine said:
Not everyone is looking for anything major. Tech fixes and a couple of variable tweaks on gameplay.
And we still won't get the latter... :(

Anyway, if I get a few extra FPS out of the deal and the modders can continue work on whatever they need then I'll be happy. Cutting back on NR's would be nice too.

$unny$mile said:
You guys are banking too much on this 'godsend' patch.

Do the math, 3 years in the making, a couple months extra isn't going to add anything major.
We're mainly interested in moving forward.

The patch will give us some finality, and let us know WTF we need to fix.

It looks like they've decided to can the patch. What great communication they have..

They could at least grow some balls and fess up to whats happening.

He said January but then a month later they cooked up the excuse that it was a problem with 3rd parties and left it open ended.

Not a bad idea...

This way if they have decided to can the patch completely they have their reason already out there and can say it's not their fault. :razz: The drones and sycophants out there will probably believe them.

I finally figured out why the patch isn't here yet, and no, it's not because the IGA guys are too busy playing their creation...it's because...

<insert joke about no players here>

mc-fine said:
Not everyone is looking for anything major. Tech fixes and a couple of variable tweaks on gameplay.

Sadly even with Beta they didnt balance the game right in the 1st place. I love IG for making it overall. but im glad there will be no gameplay changes released by them. It allowed the mod teams to define their own vision and work on it without being delayed waitintg to see what changes the patch would make.

[AKA]PanamaJack said:
He said January but then a month later they cooked up the excuse that it was a problem with 3rd parties and left it open ended.

Not a bad idea...

This way if they have decided to can the patch completely they have their reason already out there and can say it's not their fault. :razz: The drones and sycophants out there will probably believe them.

well if people don't beleive Guy's story about the 3rd parties being the delay
of the patch...

WHY NOT ASK THE 3RD PARTIES and get verification.

Panama Jack.. I give this task to you. Put your money where your mouth is
and get someone from PB or GS to give a comment. They should be able
to verify if there is some disagreements with VUG.. heck.. Guy was able to
divulge this info... why can't they?

maybe this willl shut you up?

PB (Even Balance) and GS are less likely to comment than VUG.
PB verrified that they haven't dumped their T:V forums but just made them hidden until the patch comes out and they have some relation to the game.

Plasmatic said:
We're mainly interested in moving forward.

The patch will give us some finality, and let us know WTF we need to fix.

See quoted post ;)

Well, now that I think about it, we've both played the June / July 2003 build of T:V and we both know how much scripting they've done since then :)

Back