T:V Update - Coming December 2004

X.terminator said:
Why do you need a tourney mode to play competitively again? I played Counter strike for 4 years and that game never had a built in tourney mode. People just made mods to track stats and clan matches were setup on websites like OGL with rankings in ladders.

Oh and on a side note, !!! this game r0cks !!!

Holy crap...TV is liked by Counter Strike players. I knew this game had deathmatch like problems. Tribes use to be the non boxed in map anti deathmatch game.

X.terminator said:
Why do you need a tourney mode to play competitively again? I played Counter strike for 4 years and that game never had a built in tourney mode. People just made mods to track stats and clan matches were setup on websites like OGL with rankings in ladders.

Oh and on a side note, !!! this game r0cks !!!

The problem about tourney mode is this.

Pub games play next-to-fine, but perhaps a slight consideration to net-code.
Once a game is switch to tournement mode, reloads the map, players pick sides, countdown, game starts. BAM . The most rediculous lag you have ever played in. It remains through the entire map.
A slight fix, change to tourney, then to pub as the game begins. Lag still remains, but less so.

We even played a couple scrims without going to tourney mode, just changing sides in the regular 30sec countdown. Much more playable, a little bit less than tourney-to-pub switch, but not worth the hassle.

Pubs should play like tourney? What's the deal? That's the deal.

And yea, the game rocks. Just more people need to play and get better. T1 wasn't a huge hit, and wasn't all that popular out of the gates. Also, what was the timeline for T1 patching? How soon was 1.1, and 1.2 after? The rest?

**And a special note from Gring to you...
People are saying December is too late to save this game. Go to hell. You just don't like or respond to the game the same way you either 1) used to or 2) thought you would. Fine. Leave. Go away. No one wants you playing either. You're one of those pathetic effs that spends 1/3 of the pub game complaining about the pub game. Just stfu, play, or don't. Why waste all the effort moaning and groaning like an overgrown child. The entire community would do 100% better without you ignorant leghumpers.

Gringo said:
People are saying December is too late to save this game. Go to hell. You just don't like or respond to the game the same way you either 1) used to or 2) thought you would. Fine. Leave. Go away. No one wants you playing either. You're one of those pathetic effs that spends 1/3 of the pub game complaining about the pub game. Just stfu, play, or don't. Why waste all the effort moaning and groaning like an overgrown child. The entire community would do 100% better without you ignorant leghumpers.
:lol:
:bigthumb:

Anyone that thinks this patch is going to bring in a new flurry of players is whacked. Most of the players that dislike the game, I'm sure have already returned their copies and aren't going to bother picking it up yet again.

December is too late for some people.

Gringo said:

Dont fall off your donkey on the way to the windmill.

?B-MAN said:
Holy crap...TV is liked by Counter Strike players. I knew this game had deathmatch like problems. Tribes use to be the non boxed in map anti deathmatch game.

Nah, I don't think you have to worry too much, my friend who's hooked on CS hates this game, I think I've transcended deathmatching....at least on the ground LOL. I actually like capping flags and using the vehicles. The one-on- one combat is not as compelling as it is in CS to me. But I love talking trash... "Hey! How did that feel?!"

Oh yea, and this patch will p0wn all of j00 hAx0rZ 2!

*Dutch* said:
december will be too late for a lot of people simply because of all the new games coming out

Once they finish their single player quest they'll realize the multiplayer either sucks (Doom3) or is more of the same business (CS to CS:S?!) as before and they'll be back playing this game in January / February :bigthumb:

World Of Warcraft is also gonna put off a lot of casual gamers who dont wanna pay to play a game they already shelled out 40 quid for.

ty for explaining the whole tourney mode thing Gringo:)....I have absolutely no patience for members especially ones that admit to playing half life competitively.

Gringo said:

:clap: :signed: :clap:

Cpt.KirK said:
ty for explaining the whole tourney mode thing Gringo:)....I have absolutely no patience for members especially ones that admit to playing half life competitively.

What happens when all of you're patience runs out for the members or better yet the member that are CS players? What happens then? What should we look for?

Gringo said:

Its almost December and there is only 375 people playing on a Saturday afternoon. I think you already ran them all off.

Ocean 1 said:
Its almost December and there is only 375 people playing on a Saturday afternoon. I think you already ran them all off.

what are you talking about :nag: in dec, if or when the patch comes out, the other 300 will be back in the action!

Cpt.KirK said:

Wow Cpt.Kirk you've summed it up nicely! So regardless of how this patch turns out Tribes will die. Why? If the patch doesn't fix tourney mode problems, then poor whiddle' babies with no patience like you will stop playing tribes. And if the patch address all the bugs in TV, egotistical-self-centered-game-racisist-punkass-p00ntang-bitchboy-feces like you will prevent new players from being a part of the Tribes community and they will also stop supporting Tribes (e.g. TheDreamer). Thanks for the clarification :nofu:

X.terminator said:
Wow Cpt.Kirk you've summed it up nicely! So regardless of how this patch turns out Tribes will die. Why? If the patch doesn't fix tourney mode problems, then poor whiddle' babies with no patience like you will stop playing tribes. And if the patch address all the bugs in TV, egotistical-self-centered-game-racisist-punkass-p00ntang-bitchboy-feces like you will prevent new players from being a part of the Tribes community and they will also stop supporting Tribes (e.g. TheDreamer). Thanks for the clarification :nofu:

That is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your incoherent, rambling response, did you come close to making what could be considered a rational thought. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Back