MP Demo Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
triple said:
Dude, multiplayer doesn't work without a cd-key.

I'll repeat that.

Multiplayer, in tribes, an online centric game, doesn't work.

Yes, that's worth delaying a stupid demo. Name a dev who would knowingly release software that will break the final product, and ill give you the name of a bad developer.

Uh, uninstalling a demo before installing the retail would take care of that. And there aren't ways to get the cd-key in without reinstalling?

alingis said:
Tourney mode is a nice, but not critical feature. The shipping game not running at all is critical.

The shipping game doesn't run at all because of the demo? Are you implying that EVERYONE will install the retail before uninstalling the demo??

And holy shazbot, I'm glad to see tourney mode is such a priority with you guys.

triple said:
So you would rather create future problems for irrational because you're impatient. That's nice.

I didn't create the problem.

They obviously never took care of a problem that existed in UT2k4.

Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?

C'mon! Fix that bug!! Smash it! OWN that bug!! Make it yer bitch!!
Go Irrational!!
(Sorry, I just think some cheerleading is required at this point.)

BitRaiser said:
Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?Is it done yet?

C'mon! Fix that bug!! Smash it! OWN that bug!! Make it yer bitch!!
Go Irrational!!
(Sorry, I just think some cheerleading is required at this point.)

you have nice enough legs for cheerleading?

Beter late and with the bug removed than on time and have a massive bug that could lead to widespread chaos. THis means that they care and thatthey pay attention. Good work... I tinhk lol.

alingis said:
Tourney mode is a nice, but not critical feature. The shipping game not running at all is critical.

Please tell me tourney mode works good and you were just using that as an example :(

alingis said:
Always assume people are idiots

heh... This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes that's in the same vein:

"The customer's always an @sshole."

Somewhat appropriate according to a lot of these replies.

I've had issues installing other games enough times, and what I do is go look for a fix. Anyone who isn't absolutely computer braindead will go to the official website and/or best fansite and look for a fix. I'm not saying I'm impatient and can't wait, just bringing up a point. This is a tiny, tiny, rare bug. There wouldn't be mass chaos because there was an issue, especially if a FAQ was available on the official site and whatever else.

IMO, having a well done and tweaked tournament mode is more important than a rare bug that is easily warded off with simple warnings. I think you guys are blowing it a bit out of proportion, but again...I don't mind waiting a day or two for the MP release if they want to be more professional about it, but I still think your points are invalid. People are dumb and make mistakes, but people don't immediately throw up their hands, vomit, tell everyone the game is shazbot because they can't install it, and not look for a fix. You might get the occaisional idiot who posts doing that, but then you have about 20 people telling him he's a tard and to get the fix.

Dunno what to tell you, I think you guys are exaggerating how bad this bug is. A game destroying bug would be one where it would not only make it unplayable, but you couldn't reinstall it or remained unplayable even after installation. Take the number of people who actually fall for this bug, sift that through the people who don't bother looking for a fix or reinstalling the game, and immediately return the game, and I guarantee you have less than 1% of all customers, and that's a generous estimate.

Edit: And if you include a BLATANT warning screen upon installation, most people read it. And if they don't, who's fault is that? There's only so far the developer needs to go to prevent stupidity, then it's all on the fault of the dumbass customer. If you have a blatant popup warning on the demo going "WARNING: UNINSTALL THIS DEMO BEFORE INSTALLING THE FULL RETAIL VERSION, OR THE FULL RETAIL VERSION WILL NOT WORK" in big letters, I think you'd get the point across.

Lastly, why are the devs only responding to stupid shazbot and not valid questions?

Last edited:
FugaZni said:
heh... This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes that's in the same vein:

"The customer's always an @sshole."

Somewhat appropriate according to a lot of these replies.

My personal fav is: "As a group's number aprouches 30, their collective IQ aprouches 0."

Since "the market" is a hella lot bigger than 30, it's actually sucking the IQ right outta the Dev team!

Thanks Menzo for the heads-up on the Multiplayer and understand the necessity for the delay, I think ya-all are very smart in doing so and its the right thing to do... 16 peeps on my Team feel the same just so you know even though they haven't posted.... ;)

CED/Esmeralda said:
Thanks Menzo for the heads-up on the Multiplayer and understand the necessity for the delay, I think ya-all are very smart in doing so and its the right thing to do... 16 peeps on my Team feel the same just so you know even though they haven't posted.... ;)

thanks

c:\My Documents\member\CED\Esmeralda

I just skimmed through 9 pages looking for a changelog, none, and read something that hinted at no tourney mode? Hmmmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back