MP Demo Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are awfully upset at having to wait a couple more days to play the demo, when we already have a beta to play.

And it's not really the end of the world that there's no change log either.

Seriously... How did you guys ever survive the T2 release without going postal?

TF_Baxter said:
You guys are awfully upset at having to wait a couple more days to play the demo, when we already have a beta to play.

I'm not as irked as I was before, now that it's been confirmed the tourney mode is still probably in bad shape. And that they don't care.

TF_Baxter said:

:wave: sup Baxter

Bridude said:
thats enough outta you Mr. No Show.

I'm sorry, was I supposed to show up for something?

and kiddo, you are the last person who will tell me when enough is enough. There are issues that should be discussed here, as this is the "voice of the tribes community", not the voice of the developers or VU.

you want to be a hero to the devs, then so be it. I am pessimistic and deservedly so, as the Beta had stuff wrong with it, that was addressed in feedback, yet we can't even get a simple changelog to know what came of it. It is quite normal for us to want to know if our time and effort was valued, and/or used.

I don't care about fighter speed, or turret strength. That stuff is "tactically adaptable". I am questioning simple stuff like tourney mode, admin features and spectator control. If these things are not working or considered 'important', then exactly what did they take from the beta effort?

It will turn out one of 2 ways. I will be so wrong it isnt funny, and will have to admit it. i will GLADLY do so when the retail version comes out.

but the other outcome would require people to admit that those of us who are questioning things...might just have been on to something.

we'll see...won't we?

i think he meant that there were greater issues than tournament mode to fix (which is true) and thats why it took so long.

come on people, why do you suddenly forget that this is supposed to reflect the FINAL product (which practically means that tourney mode is fixed)

MasterGnr said:
I don't care about fighter speed, or turret strength. That stuff is "tactically adaptable". I am questioning simple stuff like tourney mode, admin features and spectator control. If these things are not working or considered 'important', then exactly what did they take from the beta effort?

I agree with this, very strongly. Add working demos to that list.

MasterGnr said:
I am pessimistic and deservedly so, as the Beta had stuff wrong with it, that was addressed in feedback, yet we can't even get a simple changelog to know what came of it.

Some people are getting a little rabid about this changelog nonsense. Who the eff cares if we don't get a changelog? Seriously...

It's not a big deal.

Wulfen said:
I'm not as irked as I was before, now that it's been confirmed the tourney mode is still probably in bad shape. And that they don't care.

How is that even close to what they said. Releasing the Demo as it is could break the game for people. Its a demo, its not even something they had to release, be happy they are giving you a demo before the game is in stores.

Tourney mode might be very important to tribes, but the game not even working is a little more important.

Yeah, most people would uninstall the demo before installing the retail, but not everyone in the world is smart enough to do that. So stop complaining and moaning and be happy they are already showing they will support bugs and other problems w/ the game.

I dont understand why any company would want to make a Tribes game, all they do is get s-hit on.

Good job on the collective whining, TW. Not like a couple of days is going to change anything, nor will a changelog do much.

:cry:

How bout we let them hold it a day or two to squash an annoying bug.

Cause everyone loves the INV CRASH/SPEEDHACK bug right??? Aren't you glad they didn't delay the Open Beta a day or two and fix those little annoyances????

:rolleyes:

If I was developer for Tribes 4, it'd be total blackout, with the exception of Dev Diaries and media previews/reviews. We should be so lucky to have IG/Sierra keep in such close contact with us. But, of course, nothing but more complaining and crying. effed if you do, effed if you don't.

Oh well. :fu: TW

KillerONE said:
:cry:

How bout we let them hold it a day or two to squash an annoying bug.

Cause everyone loves the INV CRASH/SPEEDHACK bug right??? Aren't you glad they didn't delay the Open Beta a day or two and fix those little annoyances????

:rolleyes:

If I was developer for Tribes 4, it'd be total blackout, with the exception of Dev Diaries and media previews/reviews. We should be so lucky to have IG/Sierra keep in such close contact with us. But, of course, nothing but more complaining and crying. effed if you do, effed if you don't.

Oh well. :fu: TW

No one forces you to stay here and read this 'drivel'. I think you'd be much happier on the VU forums, where they do no wrong, and you can happily kiss ass all day long.

This particular problem has existed for a year as it is, the same thing happened with UT2k4 and its demo. I still don't see it as a huge issue, obviously that doesn't matter now since they're going to fix it. Maybe while they're at it we'll get a functional tourney mode and admin functions, along with demos. Nevermind that they don't rate high on their list of integral features.

I'll happily post here if those things have been fixed along with this cd-key deal.

Wulfen said:
No one forces you to stay here and read this 'drivel'. I think you'd be much happier on the VU forums, where they do no wrong, and you can happily kiss ass all day long.

This particular problem has existed for a year as it is, the same thing happened with UT2k4 and its demo. I still don't see it as a huge issue, obviously that doesn't matter now since they're going to fix it. Maybe while they're at it we'll get a functional tourney mode and admin functions, along with demos. Nevermind that they don't rate high on their list of integral features.

I'll happily post here if those things have been fixed along with this cd-key deal.

Ya and maybe the invincible tank bug on Isle will be fixed. :disgust:

Wulfen said:

Some things are worth debating and discussing. I like a good discussion to get the best input to the devs or just get a nice thread of good ideas.

But crying about a 1 or 2 day delay to fix a bug, for a Demo? Especially of a game that will be out in less than a week, full retail.

And, we're still complaining about features that we don't know are in/out of Demo or Final.

Just seems like a lot of unneccessary complaining. Overall, I think most new people get the wrong idea about T:V. People bitch about stuff they have no idea about and then all the bandwagoners make it worse.

Oh well. In a week, it'll all be behind us and we can start playing/modding/mutating/patching T:V.

:)

KillerONE said:
Oh well. In a week, it'll all be behind us and we can start playing/modding/mutating/patching T:V.

:)

Well you just eat sun shine and crap rainbows don't you? :roller:

I seriously doubt all will go smoothly.

About the change log... we NEED a change log.

Personally, I wouldn't care if there WAS no MP Demo and they shut off the beta RIGHT NOW--if they released a complete, and detailed change log.

You'd rather read about the changes now than actually experience them in the demo in a few hrs. You have issues.

WaTTz! said:
Well you just eat sun shine and crap rainbows don't you? :roller:

I seriously doubt all will go smoothly.

About the change log... we NEED a change log.

Personally, I wouldn't care if there WAS no MP Demo and they shut off the beta RIGHT NOW--if they released a complete, and detailed change log.

I think the rest of the community might have issues with being without TV for even a week. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back