T:V loosing interest? Player count drops rapidly.

ZenTseTse said:
But don't expect this game to jump to the top with Wolf, CS and such.
Not at all. Regardless of what I would like, I have the feeling that T:V will be just as fringe as the others. As for the "name calling"...it was all in fun. I don't know how many times I can play a different game and storm Normandie before I snap. =)

Zoolooman said:
I see comparable ratios; I also see that T:V wasn't played much by the vast majority of people who downloaded it. Take that however you will. T:V isn't losing players irregularly.
It's also far too early to tell. It was a beta, with bugs and four maps. Most people don't stick around like the junkies we are. They go off and play the thirteen other demos they downloaded the same day off of FP and might come back for retail (or now the demo) if they saw promise.

You can't hang your hat, or be hung, on a beta release.

pocketgamer said:
black Label . ... How about you stop talking now.

A top 5 clan means nothing. Without context its just a number/placeholder that makes you feel better.

Johnny X saying he was in [Khorne] does hold value because people can then assosiate his name with an amazing clan full of great people who knew how to play the game of T1 better than most others.

Holy kiss ass batman,If cared that much about anything in t1 or t2 I wouldnt have let my son play under my name in passed pub servers and even a couple of matches.He was about 3 when he started and now hes 7 still doing it.Your just pissed cause you got the moron of the year award.

im just sick of 4 maps, i hate isle and cavern, (dont like em that much)... and emerald is ok, and i still like winterlake... and i lost interest because theres always noobs, or people O sniping, O turreting, general retards, and same reasons some other people dont play the game

ruready said:
Yes, 2 steps, yet you're still whining about it nearly 5 years later? Now that's something worth laughing about.

Keep crying dude...

Crying? You will always be remembered as a huge tool. I'm stating facts; not crying. If you could read what I wrote (oh lol wat r u talkinn bout reading i can code ur moma//???) I pointed out how it's first frustrating to co-operate with a tools of your caliber, but it's not your fault you're a huge tool. It's a characteristic trait.

5 years? Wow, didn't know Legends was that told! Hey, maybe you should go brag how you can crash gaming servers, I'm sure people would be as thrilled as fuck! Oh wait -- you have already done that :lol:
You sadden me.. even more than the case of a 45 years old Italian guy who tested HappyMod two weeks in T2..

(Sorry for the bump rest of readers, NoFiX is just that hilarious.)

ruready said:
I'm wondering if you're just mildly retarded or you just suck at putting your thoughts into understandable English?

Probably both, right?

I have no idea what to reply. I'm speechless. You have set the new record in being an enourmous tool. You won the prize, now go jerk off while crashing gaming servers.. Oh well, you are just going to quote me and add a cry smiley. I know it's sometimes hard, I've been there buddy. Just try to hang on. What ever you are going to do in your miserable life always look on the bright side. These things are hard for you to understand now, but when you grow you will. As much as I like to argue with mindless provokers this is just way too sad.

Last edited:
The thing about Tribes that while people STAYED for the speed and learning curve, they STARTED for the strategic depth

They started playing because it had jetpacks and vehicles on an epic scale and deployables and satchel charges and sensors and heavy armor.

You need to sell it as "Team Combat on an Epic Scale" but make gameplay fast, fun and deep.

I don't think Tribes fits with cartoony games like UT2k4, it should not be sold as a cartoon it should be sold as a deep strategic game with epic team combat never before seen. People would come for that and then stay for skiing and jetpacks. Everyone has to osnipe on newbie servers and drive APCs to the enemy base at one point, those are the things which made tribes initially appealing.

I'm worried about TV because at first glance it really does look like a cartoony UT2k4 with jetpacks and heavy armor. We all know there is assloads of depth to the game, but unless you give people an easy way to start on their learning curve (ie. Osniping the Vpad or deploying turrets) they won't get addicted and won't stick around long enough.

I dunno if we want loosers in T:V, but I definately think that crazy "looser" crowd would be interested in Julia's rear end....if you know what I mean...and so obviously don't.

Mr_Unlucky said:
I dunno if we want loosers in T:V, but I definately think that crazy "looser" crowd would be interested in Julia's rear end....if you know what I mean...and so obviously don't.

I thought they made julia really really ugly...maybe her ass is square now..dunno :/

Comparing T:V to Q3 or BF1942 isnt very fair. Both were hyped FAR more than T:V, and had a multiplayer demo out. T:V does not. There is still 700+ playing most of the time, thats not bad at all.

for all u that are saying T:V isnt a good addition to the tribes games, go to hell! lol, if anything doesnt fit its t2, T:V is a lot more realistic, and uses nice physics, if ur complaining about the game why dont u just stop playing it, and leave us alone! The only problem is that people lose interest playing 4 maps over, and over, and over, and over, again, like u reading over and over and over part of that last sentence, u dont find it interesting anymore.. and btw t2 sucks!

Back