T:V loosing interest? Player count drops rapidly.

i keep arguing for upped knife damage, to no response from devs, but positive feedback from entire community. i hope they upgrade it to a 2-3 hit kill weapon, instead of 5 or 6 or whatever it is now.

i believe in assasinations!

in cs, MOST POPULAR GAME EVER, (cough) the knife is 1 shot kill from behind, and 3 shot kill usually from front. not a bad system for it. and its a very fun weapon.

Stilgar said:
It is a renegades weapon, along with cloaking, and GASP...TREES!!!

I remember when T2 was in Beta the derision was directed toward the inclusion of SO many mod elements.

So, I see TV as a return to our ROOTS.

Call me Kunte.
:D

You can call me Kunta :D

roll1.gif

BlueBlaze said:
And what have you done? A tribes 2 base movie that blew donkey cock?

2 movies. 1 map. Was an admin of the main polish T2 forum. T2 in Poland exists because I wanted to do that. I was a founder of the only good T2 clan in Poland. I was a person who was kind enough to give a huge connection for polish T2 server - for free. I wrote an review of T2 for the largest polish newspaper. I wrote many articles about T2 in polish computer games magazines. I made Travel, because I wanted to use Tribes 2 and Tribes engine as a main engine in articles about movie making - 32 pages of special edition of polish computer games magazine, with T2 screenshots on every page.

That what's I made. Travel is one of the less important things I did, stupid jerk. And you are effing lazy shazbot who did nothing. Shut up and go eff youself. You know nothing about me and you are too stupid to know more.

sYs|yavor said:
I'm so sorry. It has to be a horrible feeling, mr. blueblaze, to be an idiot on an epic scale, isn't it?

And you know, what? I think that such a effing idiot like you, who did nothing for the game and for the community, shouldn't write anything like this. You are nothing more than a useless effing sponger. And a moron at the same time.

Just eff off, go back to your very advanced T:V and be happy. Again, don't ask for war.

wtf is a sponger?

Discourse said:
Although I can't see what Yavor has done for the Tribes community, I have to hand credit to him for contributing us a new language. It's very much like English, in the sense of vocabulary used, but at the same time seems to derive it's syntax and semantics from Polish or some other East-European language. Fascinating stuff, really!

Sorry for that, I know that my English grammar sucks (thanks god my spelling is quite good, so you understand what I want to say - that's enough for internet forum). Sorry, have no time to improve it. In the whole my life I had an opportunity to speak with people who use native English 5? maybe 6? hours. Would be interesting to read - and especially to hear - your Polish after 6 hours of speaking. You can try now:

W Szczebrzeszynie chrzaszcz brzmi w trzcinie, a do tego obok stoi stol z powylamywanymi nogami.

Have fun.

Nice to see TW has recruited more retards whose only contribution to the community is their witty remarks and their lackadaisical attitudes.

BlueBlaze, sucks to be such a worthless fuck doesn't it?

ruready said:
Nice to see TW has recruited more retards whose only contribution to the community is their witty remarks and their lackadaisical attitudes.

BlueBlaze, sucks to be such a worthless fuck doesn't it?

Oh, nofix, that vicious cry baby who used to crash servers everytime he felt it. Who the eff are you to talk about "wortless effs"? Seriously? Don't you have tears drop after people killed you in a video game :-(

Edit: Wait. Being useless on the internet? I mean, what the eff? I'm sure you will eventually get out of your parents basement to the real world and release UR MAGNIFICENT HACKING SKILZZ!!111 "irl" and make a fortune. Or not, after all reality is not a Disney movie.

Last edited:
sYs|yavor said:
2 movies. 1 map. Was an admin of the main polish T2 forum. T2 in Poland exists because I wanted to do that. I was a founder of the only good T2 clan in Poland. I was a person who was kind enough to give a huge connection for polish T2 server - for free. I wrote an review of T2 for the largest polish newspaper. I wrote many articles about T2 in polish computer games magazines. I made Travel, because I wanted to use Tribes 2 and Tribes engine as a main engine in articles about movie making - 32 pages of special edition of polish computer games magazine, with T2 screenshots on every page.

That what's I made. Travel is one of the less important things I did, stupid jerk. And you are effing lazy shazbot who did nothing. Shut up and go eff youself. You know nothing about me and you are too stupid to know more.

I made this:

wah.gif

Can I please now have your stamp of approval, oh Yavor the king of Polish Tribal Community? :lol: Me knowing nothing about just proves my point, you are nobody to me. Why in the hell should I spend my time analyzing the REAL PERSON BEHIND AN INTERNET NICK NAME!11 Being stupid -- you using term stupid is hilarious, high five -- has nothing to do with my knowledge of you, you are and will be just a crybaby among others to me.

Ps: Don't declare an internet "war" on me: : (

Giljo said:
I have this tribes flu.

I must take regular doses of T:V to fell better

The T:V medicine is starting to taste nasty.

I force myself to take the medicine to feel better.

I hear there is a new flavor coming Oct 5th.

It will either cure me or keep the tribes flu going.

I hope its a bad formula. either way IG get my $$

Gil

IG allready got their money. At this point your money is going to VU. Now I dunno about you, but far as I'm concerned, VU can suck a fat one.

ZOD said:
IG allready got their money. At this point your money is going to VU. Now I dunno about you, but far as I'm concerned, VU can suck a fat one.

I support that... as long as they flush Valve first.

Personally, while i LOVE tribes vengeance... I have argued before (and gotten flamed for it), that this style of sportsy, splash-damage old school gameplay just isn't mainstream anymore.

Look what happened with ut2k3/4. UT2k3 was, imo, too much like the original. Too fast, too much splash damage for the average FPS gamer these days. UT2k4 was much more widely received simply cuz they added ONS and more wide open, strategic gameplay (along with extremely cool and fun vehicles).

It doesn't take a PHD to look at the gamespy or csports stats to notice the trend.

The old school gamers have good numbers online, but they usually stay put even when devs dangle well done sequels in their faces. They are like high school seniors... and aren't about to switch schools.

For better or for worse, online FPS gamers like trace/uberfast guns with objectives, and don't rush in mass for old school splashdamage-oriented sportsy games with CTF and DM anymore.

However, the SP feature of TV might help it a ton. We'll see. IMO, TV grows on people slowly, so hopefully the SP/Demo can help it grow on people as well. I just think many folks overestimate the 1337, old school competitive FPS gaming audience when it comes to sales.

Yet another test of this theory will be Quake4.

Maybe there will be a revival, but the gods of yesterday... the huge player movements, splash damage and sportsy/ctf games just dont resonate with the masses anymore.

Last edited:
BlueBlaze said:
Oh, nofix, that vicious cry baby who used to crash servers everytime he felt it. Who the eff are you to talk about "wortless effs"? Seriously? Don't you have tears drop after people killed you in a video game :-(

Edit: Wait. Being useless on the internet? I mean, what the eff? I'm sure you will eventually get out of your parents basement to the real world and release UR MAGNIFICENT HACKING SKILZZ!!111 "irl" and make a fortune. Or not, after all reality is not a Disney movie.

Ahh, yeah, I still get idiots like you trying to start shazbot with me over something that took place nearly 5 years ago. I put in the effort to correct the mistake and released a fix... something you couldn't even fathom was possible.

You should feel good about one thing though, people like you incite server exploitation. I can't describe how good it feels to take out a server full of people like yourself. Then they start crying and whining like little bitches.... lol

Nice to see it's possible with T:V as well, ahh, didn't I warn them?

ZenTseTse said:
It doesn't take a PHD to look at the gamespy or csports stats to notice the trend.

Yea those 90,000 people playing CS and Half Life clearly enjoy it for the huge maps, vehicles and immense strategical depth.

Zen, I can understand your point....but from my perspective that means that I wont have another FPS to play again, ever. I can't stand all of the Clancy knock-offs and the Call of Private Ryans, forget about Medal of Retread. There are many people who loves these games, but if I wanted reality I'd join the army.

At least I'll have T:V for the foreseeable future.

ruready said:
You should feel good about one thing though, people like you incite server exploitation. I can't describe how good it feels to take out a server full of people like yourself. Then they start crying and whining like little bitches.... lol

Nice to see it's possible with T:V as well, ahh, didn't I warn them?

You know, 2 steps and I'm off my computer. Yes, of course it sucks that a little piece of shazbot like you is ruining fun for everybody because you suck at life, but 2 steps. That's it. The feeling of you having satisfaction when crashing servers makes me all fuzzy and warm inside. I can't hate you; hating you would be similiar to hating downsyndrome kids. It's not their fault what they are.

Disdain said:
Zen, I can understand your point....but from my perspective that means that I wont have another FPS to play again, ever. I can't stand all of the Clancy knock-offs and the Call of Private Ryans, forget about Medal of Retread. There are many people who loves these games, but if I wanted reality I'd join the army.

At least I'll have T:V for the foreseeable future.

lol @ call of private ryans.

well, im not very hopeful about this style of gameplay's future, to be honest, and havent been for a few years now.

HOWEVER, there's a solid core of some 500,000 or more fans who still love this style of gameplay. It's just not gonna be breaking records or really changing the landscape much.

In the past 5 years or so (going back to 1999), there hasn't really been an extremely popular (online) new game in this style released. UT2k3/UT2k4 struggled hard... and we all know why UT2k4 managed to actually be a hit (and it had nothing to do with the UT tradition).

On the UT2k forums i argued STRONGLY that the UT2k4 demo should only be ONS and got flamed like never before. I believed (and still do) that if it presented a purely NEW face with outdoor, objective-oriented and vehicle fantastic gameplay... it would have changed gaming. I think that it definately impacted gaming, but it still didn't bring in new masses to this style of gameplay. CTF and other old school gametypes are not the driving force in that series for fans anymore.

Personally, i enjoy the "call for private ryan" games a lot.

All that said... nothing stops us from enjoying and playing TV for years. Just don't expect some revolution and massive influx of people online.

Together, t2 and t1 have totalled about 75,000-100,000 active players from my observations over the past two years. I'm sure there are many other tribes fans and others who will come check out TV. But don't expect this game to jump to the top with Wolf, CS and such.

Last edited:
ZOD said:

Yah I would agree with you there. Oh and ZOD I fully expect a T:V classic for us on OCt 6th, no preassure. Get on it will ya :)

Gil

BlueBlaze said:
You know, 2 steps and I'm off my computer. Yes, of course it sucks that a little piece of shazbot like you is ruining fun for everybody because you suck at life, but 2 steps. That's it. The feeling of you having satisfaction when crashing servers makes me all fuzzy and warm inside. I can't hate you; hating you would be similiar to hating downsyndrome kids. It's not their fault what they are.

Yes, 2 steps, yet you're still whining about it nearly 5 years later? Now that's something worth laughing about.

Keep crying dude...

I've thought about this...

Maybe someone has noted this already, but the drop in player counts isn't really that remarkable. It's pretty regular, in fact.

Now, someone will say, "What about BF1942???"

Well, BF1942 started with 14000 players and dropped to 9000 after two weeks.

T:V started with a mere 1300 and dropped to 700!

I see comparable ratios; I also see that T:V wasn't played much by the vast majority of people who downloaded it. Take that however you will. T:V isn't losing players irregularly.

[14:20:58] <Zoolooman> The idea that the game is driving away players seems silly when there weren't many players to begin with.

[14:21:21] <Zoolooman> 700 sounds like a terrifyingly small number until you realize it is still the vast majority of people who started playing the beta.

[14:21:27] <Zoolooman> :p

Back