[T:V cheating] Oh fsck.

BitRaiser said:
I've heard a couple reports of an invisablity hack... can't provide much information, unfortunatly, but it's something to look out for.
I did see an invisible guy shooting and killing me a few days ago, I was pretty confused but didn't wanna cry out CHEAT right away, hope it was a bug rather than an actual cheat :/

borlaK said:
so what do we have to worry about:

aimbot: mostly viable for the laser. well, if some guy happens to get headshot after headshot in a match.. guess what you can do: dispute the match and request his demo for admin review (on TWL anyway). it's going to look funny when his cursor is sticking on people's heads.
the only other aimbot concern I can think of is chasers perhaps landing perfect grenades at a capper's feet.. but then again, there are many variables here that are not so simple. a good capper wont have a straight route and can change at any time.. and if these maps continue with their smallness he will be gone and home within a few seconds anyway :)

if someone were to make a HM2 type of blind spamming deployables: this shazbot is way obvious, and you can do the same thing as before.

--
there's not a cheat that replaces teamwork and real individual skill in tribes. I get 90% of my kills by thinking and outsmarting the enemy.. this is not a straight aim and click game, and you guys know that ;)

there was HM2 for a long time in T2, and was even put up for DL on a website at one point and I'm sure it spread like fire from then on. but did the top teams change position? no.. you try to let some program do the thinking for you in Tribes, and you are dead.

Didn't you read any of this thread? The man clearly said that if he chose to make an autoaim, it could perfectly lead for all weapons. I thinking maybe because this is an engine hook so it's easier to get the information you need.

IrritAnt said:
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking... but just in case, if anyone gets any more info on this one, please post it here, or PM me if you think it's too sensitive.

Helios is a well known cheater in the UT2004 community, togher with the hole "ELF" clan. Epic did a lot about this to ban the cheaters forever (global cd key ban). but they cant catch them all.

The best thing you can do is to conntact epic about this, Im absolutely sure they can and will help you.

^Jadakiss said:
Didn't you read any of this thread? The man clearly said that if he chose to make an autoaim, it could perfectly lead for all weapons. I thinking maybe because this is an engine hook so it's easier to get the information you need.
not really, even with all the information any change in movement and you'll miss unless at close range, and then MAs are insanely easy on their own

It could only lead based on how good his math was and how accurately it predicted movement.

A video of nonstop headshots in UT where everyone walks around at a fixed speed with very little vertical movement vs players moving at 150-200kph in all 3 dimensions with weapons that are nowhere close to being instant hit doesn't translate very well, engine hook or not..

actually he's pretty right...

i cant prove it to you in T:V but why bother proving it in game, just go look at the code you'll see just why we like hacking UEngine ->

you have to understand that all the 3d maths a person could ever want to accomplish are all there and worked out (both forward and in reverse) down to a "T" in the unreal engine

they have been around since unreal 1

open up core.dll/core.u (you can decompile the .u package)

read over it, it has native and uscripted functions that take care of all of the math for you, the players velocity is a part of the player struct itself, his heading, direction velocity, speed, location of course... etc.

its not hard to hit a near 100% shot with anything in the uengine, if an AI bot can do it, an aimbot can do it * 100.

in some poorly coded games one can even exploit certain things in the game rules to obtain god mode online... so it all depends on how t:v is coded that will determine just how much MORE one could hack it.

right out of box though with a default uengine base its going to be suseptible to quite a bit of mayhem if a person found a way in (thats the trick, finding the hole, in all truth its not as easy as this thread is making it seem) im sure the devs locked down nearly all uscripted holes, they never accounted for a hack leaving the System\ directory though... same for Dr. SiN.

-[ELF]osGb`-

to doom; i dont have T:V installed, if you would like a demo movie of stuff in ut2004 i could arrange it, at least its a little bit more like t:v in respects of air fighting and z axis fight situations.

Last edited:
All the math in the world won't make a target going 150kph stay on course when the projectile takes 1-2 seconds to get there :p

You can do a video all the same, it would still be interesting to see exactly how accurate they are with non-instant projectiles

If you want to do something forbitten, go out and take some drugs.

I dont understand why people like you destroy hole communitys just because
they are bored.
you know for sure what happened with the cs community and it has manly something to do with cheats.
I have absolutely no respect of your "work" you are wasting mine, yours and our time.
People like you just dont understand that WE are the communtiy and If you write cheats, you hurt yourself.

Do something usefull with your skills.

[meph]DooM! said:
You can do a video all the same, it would still be interesting to see exactly how accurate they are with non-instant projectiles

ok i'll attempt it when im not working, later in the week

but of course you're right, if he changes his direction theres nothing i can do, most of the time they arent going to be that invariable in their movements, especially if your relatively close or they are heading in 1 static direction, its as accurate as the best player could be, it does take certain things into account as a human would.

if a human can pull it off, the uengine can pull it off, faster, more efficient, and over and over again.

-[ELF]osGb`-

i'm good at math and i speel liek a retard am i hacker am i ^__^ kekeke

btw i am hacking as we speak (Or type lol) ;P :p ;P

-[BLB]blLAYZzZE`-

fiLa said:
If you want to do something forbitten, go out and take some drugs.

I dont understand why people like you destroy hole communitys just because
they are bored.
you know for sure what happened with the cs community and it has manly something to do with cheats.
I have absolutely no respect of your "work" you are wasting mine, yours and our time.
People like you just dont understand that WE are the communtiy and If you write cheats, you hurt yourself.

Do something usefull with your skills.

im not releasing didly shazbot to 'destroy' your precious game, but if you keep complaining like an immature child I may just make it my business to do just that.

grow up.

-[ELF]osGb`-

Tajora said:
im not releasing didly shazbot to 'destroy' your precious game, but if you keep complaining like an immature child I may just make it my business to do just that.

grow up.

-[ELF]osGb`-

We don't negotiate with terrorists. Go eat a dick.

-[BLB]blZe`-

Tajora said:
alright calm down... dont get your panties in a knot who the hell said ANYTHING about releases?!
Tajora said:
Go figure, now the game's gonna get held hostage :rolleyes:

Tajora said:
and fyi the gov (regardless of what country we're talking about here) ... doesn't lock people up for (OMG!) 'mad 1337 hax0ring of games'
Maybe not, but like you said they do lock up people who are a public nusance (writing viruses, etc to attack companies, get credit card info, and so forth.) You stated that since this is now more risky as a result, people prefer to hack games - you're the one who said it's the same group of individuals, not me.

Tajora said:
I absolutely despise the ideas behind cheating and would never give them (script kiddies and the like) the proper resources that they crave to make these cheats possible... or public for that matter.
I don't know you well enough to either agree or disagree, but I can tell you that thus far, most games that have had cheats developed for them have seen them go public. Whether it was an intentional release by their authors, or just a 'proof of concept' intended for a select group of individuals (read: happy mod which decimated the previous 2 tribes games), the cheats have reached the public regardless.

Then there's the added problem that if cheats do remain private and used say, by a competetive team, there's no way for the dev team or a 3rd party to combat them. No matter how you look at it, making cheats isn't exactly a righteous pasttime. You'll excuse me if I don't have much respect for these people.

I do excuse you, you are right making cheats is not the most productive thing a person could do with their time..

but it's my hobby so I stick by it-> again please look at my site, the proof of concept src code i released has no trace of cheat code in it what so ever, I don't support cheating and would never give out my sources or projects to any one even if its in a small group because I know people pass things along.

Yes in most cases cheats become widespread, but I am one of the few cases where it doesn't. I'm not trying to justify what I do, and I'm most certainly not saying that its any better than what the next guy does (releasing, botting up a server, what have you) but I know i have a conscience and morals and something inside me tells me what I am doing is fine, others could beg to differ though.

blueblaze: I hope I'm not causing you to loose sleep at night.

-[ELF]osGb`-

Back