[T:V cheating] Oh fsck.

Celios said:
Why exactly is extrapolating a position from movement data impossible? I'm not an expert on writing cheats, but seeing how it would be mathematically possible and relatively easy, why not?

It isnt difficult. Not one bit. There is very little lag on the rifle too, so actually predicting what the player will do next is a non issue. Could be a problem. At least it took a few years for T1 to get aimbottered (and even then it was just 1 guy)

TheRoDent said:
Sigh. Chaps... It's got _nothing_ to do with what you can see and cannot see whilst in the game, and what the fogging distance is. Forget trying to deceive yourselves that this is somehow "not worse than what you'd be able to see in-game any case"...

The server will send positional updates for objects to your client within a certain range or "scope" that is "interesting" to your client. That's how most modern FPS's netcode works. Whether those objects are hidden behind others or within visible range or not, is irrelevant. It is THIS information that is being used to draw the overlays in these screenshots. Not what is "visible" to a human. XYZ coordinates are being intercepted, and "enhanced" via means of these crosses.

What you can see on the screen has got NO relation to what gets sent to your client. The fact is that this thing prolly injects some code into the .exe, and monitors coordinates for any "in-scope" object. Recall Happymod's FlagFinder. The flag didn't have to be in view for it to be able to tell you where it is. Same with T2's HappyMod perma-iff's/object locators.

* TheRoDent puts $10 on a screeny appearing shortly that shows a monstrous overlaid flag indicator, and some snazzy height lines that shows precise spampoints for deployables, inv's etc...

Yes, I would think this is exactly whats being done.... this post describes everything perfectly, so i won't bother to write my own summary :)

The unfortunate reality of cheats like this is that once you are hacking binaries and putting hooks straight into directx, essentailly anything related to displaying extra player info/iffs clientside is possible. However as already stated, it will only work on players that are deemed by the netcode to be relevant to the particular client.

first of all...

most of you dont know shazbot about the unreal engine

you have to understand that those crosses (radar) are an iteration through all players in the given game, HelioS then can do any of the following:

a) draw the radar to the x and y & z coords
or
b) create an aimbot that would aim his player rotation at that x,y,z.

the thing is that no matter what IRG / the devs do they wont be able to combat this level of a hack, its nothing like HM1 or 2, infact its 900 times more powerfull and flexible

HappyMod used locations in memory to grab information about the players

an unreal engine hook has access to all players regardless of distance location what have you...

same goes for bot in it, it can also predict the players location to a "T" on any weapon

as it has been done with rocket launchers, flak, bio rifle, etc in ut games - they usually end up having direct hits - aimbot can also be applied in that sense in T:V

http://osgb.game-deception.com/osgb/demo-movie2.zip

a little movie for you all as to show what is possible in the unreal engine (and also very possible in T:V)

just hold onto the hope that HelioS doesn't release it. If thats the case (which it is so far) then you have nothing to worry your little heads over.

-[ELF]osGb`- (posting under tajora's acct)

Last edited:
yes thats ut1, the unreal 1 engine.

as you can see we're doing the same thing on the unreal 2 engine now too (refer to first post)

in essence that demonstration movie is the same engine hook (idea) that we are using in UE2 - its an aimbot that modifies the players 'rotation' which is based on the engine and not the mouse - thats why it moves so fast and is so accurate.
Also, prediction of lobbed projectiles and other weapons is also very possible and just as deadly/accurate.

it calculates the x,y and z of an enemy and "SETS" 'your' players VIEW (rotation) to that coord ;P

-[ELF]osGb`-

Last edited:
Tajora said:
yes thats ut1, the unreal 1 engine.

as you can see we're doing the same thing on the unreal 2 engine now too (refer to first post)

-[ELF]osGb`-

that was UT 1? HOLY CRAP :rofl: :rofl:

Also I'd wonder if the Devs already prepared for this. Knowing it was happeing with ut2k4, maybe they avoided it. After all (as they said before) this is more a tribes engine then the UT engine now.

pfft. T:V is based of the Unreal 2 engine...regardless of how they modified it, it's still based of the engine, so it will be susceptible to the same types of cheatz. GG's T:V 'twas fun.

Last edited:
Dang, "osgb" dropping the science on master hacking and revealing that a script running in the engine has access to more information than someone with access to all of the process's memory

Are you sure you aren't Tajora pretending to actually know something? :(

well, they probably didnt see this coming in T:V because up until a few weeks ago nothing like this (engine hook - 100% external) was ever possible in UT2k4

they had uscripted hacks sure, (the client side scripting engine) and because the game is so open and riddled with holes people found ways to sneak in and all, but never on this scale, never outside of the game - always internal.

and the devs had internal locked down good, at least thats the impression i get, they cant stop something that they dont even know exists ;p

-[ELF]osGb`-

p.s. (lol) at dooms comment on tajora's lack of experience in this area ;) no im not he, we are talking on irc now, he is just as oblivious (to an extent) as 'most' on this forum are as to what is really going on here.

HM2 (& glide2x.dll) were engine hooks as well (ved what exactly Glide2x did though, I never looked much), but you don't even need those if you know the memory layout of the program, and you're ultimately limited by what the netcode is telling you about no matter what. You can't sythesize player positions if the server doesn't give you the information

+you should stop talking to Tajora immediately as he's a grade A moron

Well it didn't seem to help him much the other day in a server. He was getting his ass kicked quite a bit, if I remeber correctly he was like third from the bottom. Maybe he didn't have it running, dunno.

Later,

Xonze said:
Well it didn't seem to help him much the other day in a server. He was getting his ass kicked quite a bit, if I remeber correctly he was like third from the bottom. Maybe he didn't have it running, dunno.

Later,
It's my impression a T:V version hasn't been written yet, simply that it's possible.

[meph]DooM! said:

meh hes not too bad of a guy, im always willing to teach people who are willing to learn, thats my reasoning behind all of this

mmmmmmm hm2 couldnt hold water to this :/ i know what its composed of... and yeah you could play with memory restrictions but since this is native we can always go up a level

if you want a prime example of cheat vs anticheat under this scenario follow the UT1 community -> they have tried a lot of what you have proposed in that 1 post and more to stop the current barrage of hook releases from HelioS and have all but failed -_-;

-[ELF]osGb`-

[meph]DooM! said:
HM2 (& glide2x.dll) were engine hooks as well (ved what exactly Glide2x did though, I never looked much), but you don't even need those if you know the memory layout of the program, and you're ultimately limited by what the netcode is telling you about no matter what. You can't sythesize player positions if the server doesn't give you the information

Awsome info. Werent you the person who made the any cheat "mod" for t1? making it impossible to interpolate?

Back