[T:V cheating] Oh fsck.

Well, just to prove it to you guys, it appears that HelioS has added some MORE fscking screenshots....

/me waves at Helios...

HelioS-Radar-Tribes-Pic2.JPG

Check out http://www.artificialaiming.tk/ for the rest.

T:V is only supposed to know about players within the hard fogging radius. While this lets you shoot through fog, basically, it's not as dangerous if it can't spot people outside the fogging range.

Nope doesnt look that bad, otherwise he would see the entire team even if they were in their base. There should be alot more crosses then that on his screen.

bartkusa said:
T:V is only supposed to know about players within the hard fogging radius. While this lets you shoot through fog, basically, it's not as dangerous if it can't spot people outside the fogging range.

The thing is it does. as you might notice, it will point out players that are much farther the the fog distance is.

Greywolf said:
Nope doesnt look that bad, otherwise he would see the entire team even if they were in their base. There should be alot more crosses then that on his screen.
did you notice the dots on the left side? After a certian dist, it looks like he has it just use dots instead of Cross's

bartkusa said:
T:V is only supposed to know about players within the hard fogging radius.

It also knows about people within the scope radius, that may be hidden behind buildings or other objects. Which makes sneaking pointless. Ask anyone that's played a fun filled game of T2 with Happymod.

Greywolf said:

Duh that is how many people are on the server...It will draw a sig for each player.

Xipher said:
did you notice the dots on the left side? After a certian dist, it looks like he has it just use dots instead of Cross's

well then one of his teammates is under the ground (bottom left - ONOES!) so what i think probably is happening is that its only giving you the info that can be collected from the max fog distance. Looks like hes on medium fog distance, but if he was on ultra high, he could easily see that

Greywolf said:
well then ne of his teammates is under the ground (bottom left) so what i think probably is happening is that its only giving you the info that can be collected from the max fog distance. Looks like hes on medium fog distance, but if he was on ultra high, he could easily see that
Umm, he is standing high up on the tower, if you didn't notice the perspective. Also, don't forget the dip thats behind the flag and back by the spawn tower.

yes, its an euro server, i was playing there and also am on the screen :/ i remember that darkphantom was 1st after points on bloodeagle side, me 2nd on imperial and one guy before me with many many offense points but i forgot the nick :(
however someone with the nick helios didnt caught my special attention

BitRaiser said:
I've heard a couple reports of an invisablity hack... can't provide much information, unfortunatly, but it's something to look out for.
This is very important BitRaiser! You must get to the bottom of this at once.

Sigh. Chaps... It's got _nothing_ to do with what you can see and cannot see whilst in the game, and what the fogging distance is. Forget trying to deceive yourselves that this is somehow "not worse than what you'd be able to see in-game any case"...

The server will send positional updates for objects to your client within a certain range or "scope" that is "interesting" to your client. That's how most modern FPS's netcode works. Whether those objects are hidden behind others or within visible range or not, is irrelevant. It is THIS information that is being used to draw the overlays in these screenshots. Not what is "visible" to a human. XYZ coordinates are being intercepted, and "enhanced" via means of these crosses.

What you can see on the screen has got NO relation to what gets sent to your client. The fact is that this thing prolly injects some code into the .exe, and monitors coordinates for any "in-scope" object. Recall Happymod's FlagFinder. The flag didn't have to be in view for it to be able to tell you where it is. Same with T2's HappyMod perma-iff's/object locators.

/me puts $10 on a screeny appearing shortly that shows a monstrous overlaid flag indicator, and some snazzy height lines that shows precise spampoints for deployables, inv's etc...

Last edited:
OPs Prowler said:
This is very important BitRaiser! You must get to the bottom of this at once.

Strange.. I, during one match , also heard people complaining about an invisible person.

IRG, you have security work to do!

Back