[T:V cheating] Oh fsck.

Let me put it this way Knightmare. That cheat is known to work on all the games on that site. Tested. W3rking. All those games are based off the same engine.

Now, put 2 and 2 together and you will find that a slight adaptation of the same code for the same engine will almost inevitably work for T:V, with some fairly simple mods. I'm still trying to get confirmation on this, but I don't doubt that it's possible. I've been there in doing the "white hat" thing for T2.

Isn't that sopposed to be impossible. I thought the devs said they took steps to make sure clients only got info on friends and foes they could see.

At least aimbot won't do anything.

I am not too suprised by this to tell you the truth. These guys ,[ELF], have been pissing off alot of the UT2004 players with the Aimbots and such. Although, its low impact untill they decide to release it publicly, but they don't do that with the newest stuff any way, as they know Epic and the freelance people that make the sec muts (AntiTCC by Wormbo) tend to grab it along with the rest of the wanabe cheaters, and do what the can to stop it.

Phaseshift said:
Isn't that sopposed to be impossible. I thought the devs said they took steps to make sure clients only got info on friends and foes they could see.

At least aimbot won't do anything.
If you do it right, I am sure there are ways around that in the underlying engine itself. Basicly he is probably overloading some of the code, and getting the client to request information about all of the other clients, not just the ones viewable. Don't quote me, as its just one theory out of many possiblities.

Also, by code, I mean the uscript that runs on top of the engine itself, not whats compiled in, as I don't think they would need to go that deep to get this type of stuff working.

kirby651 said:
i say it is fake.
I am pretty sure its real, he pulled it off in about a couple days for the UT2004 demo, which the same version worked on release. The group that does this has gotten pretty good with Unreal's engine and countering the security measures that Epic adds. As Dr SiN put it, trying to secure a Game that is made to be highly moddable, is a PITA

Last edited:
Phaseshift said:

then why do players show up in the radar?

this is obviously fake because if you look at the numbers on the two teamates just over the hill, they should be showing up on the radar but they're not. I call bullshazbot.

Gage- said:
this is obviously fake because if you look at the numbers on the two teamates just over the hill, they should be showing up on the radar but they're not. I call bullshazbot.
The one is in the tank, the other is MUCH farther then just over the hill, you will notice in that dirrection the Green flag is 192 units from the player, and is on the edge of the radar. The player in blue on the radar is in that same general direction, but is 353 units away, which means he woulnd't show up in the radar screen any way.

I'm glad you can discern whether or not there's an IFF showing on the radar in that mess that is a bunch of pixels around the tank.

HJALMAR is out of radar scope, seeing as the flag is only 192M away, so that appears legit too. But this is all academical. I buy the info I've received, and also the screenie.

If you still want to believe there wasn't a happymod for T1, or T2, then sure go ahead.

OK, I won't bother any further with this thread then. Until the crying and bleating starts.

Edit: Oh, and BTW, Kerry for President too...!

TheRoDent said:
OK, I won't bother any further with this thread then. Until the crying and bleating starts.

Edit: Oh, and BTW, Kerry for President too...!
u get MUCH respect from me

but my sig is hardcore sarcasm <3

Back