T:V Tweak Guide

Hey Big Monkey can you answer my above problem. I also sent you an e-mail about it. Which is the more appropriate way of handling it? I sent you and e-mail and posted it here. If you want to e-mail with what I should do my e-mail is: e-mail removed

Last edited:
Jeff uninstall the game, delete the folder it was installed to, then reinstall. Run the game clean before changing anything and see if it still does the shaking. If it doesn't, then start adding the tweaks one at a time, and test after you add each one. If one makes the shaking start again, take it out. This is just plain common sense btw.

I was just wondering if you had any good suggestions for making the game *load* better and faster. Invariably the first 2 minutes of matchplay just kill me, as I stutter, take forever to load and get caught in midair a lot (even on sites with the anti speedhack disabled).

If there is nothing to be done, what do you recommend that I upgrade. RAM, vid card, or something else?

Other than that, the game runs vanilla smooth for me most of the time.

Depends on your specs. RAM can never hurt, although 1 gig is fairly enough. CPU speed, RAM and vid card is what really matters. How are you on those?

I don't mean to interupt, but Big Monkey I have reinstalled Tribes Vengeance and the only things I have done is activate the console, bind it to the tilde key, put in tvspawn, put in Joton's HUD, put in filters, put in WilsRets Reticles, and skins. I have done nothing else to it.

I am still even though it is less, I am still having some shaking and moving into other places.

What either out of the tweaks on the first page or of what you recommend should I try? Oh and how do you get rid of the ads at the start up of the game and when you exit? And how do you find out your fps in the console?

Last edited:
Wtf? Look at GuiBase.ini

Was this file in the beta? It looks like there's some kind of integrated GUI builder.

HelpStack=***Component Layout***
HelpStack=
HelpStack=(Up Arrow) - Moves the current control up
HelpStack=(Down Arrow) - Moves the current control down
HelpStack=(Left Arrow) - Moves the current control left
HelpStack=(Right Arrow) - Moves the current control right
HelpStack=(-) - Sizes the current control shorter
HelpStack=(=) - Sizes the current control taller
HelpStack=(NUMPAD -) - Sizes the current control thinner
HelpStack=(NUMPAD +) - Sizes the current control thicker
HelpStack=
HelpStack=***Information Displays and Toggles***
HelpStack=
HelpStack=(H) - Displays this quick help menu
HelpStack=(N) - Displays a list of all available GUI Styles and Fonts
HelpStack=(O) - Displays a list of all pages on the server stack
HelpStack=(M) - Displays the member list for the current control
HelpStack=(B) - Toggles edit mode for the member list
HelpStack=(K) - Toggles Config variables shown in Member Display
HelpStack=(L) - Toggles GUI members shown in Member Display
HelpStack=(G) - Toggles snap to grid on/off
HelpStack=
HelpStack=***Component Actions***
HelpStack=
HelpStack=(Ctrl + LeftMouse) - Selects the component under the mouse
HelpStack=

EDIT: I'm a moron. After looking at file naming conventions, this is probably an in-house tool for GUI shazbot like the server screen and the customize loadouts screen. GUI != HUD

Last edited:
I redid mine with some minor changes to work with the new demo.

Monkey's Vengeance Gooey

- flag and deployable hud moved.
- voice chat menu now appears as a single column along left side of screen (thanks to vicelord and his T2 style menu)

Most of these tweaks are outdated, and will DEGRADE PERFORMANCE, eg "16 bit mode" which will actually run slower on some newer cards, and "CacheSizeMegs=512" which developers from Unreal have told us MANY times should not be changed from 32. Also, UseTrilinear=False would make most 'modern' cards (g2+) run slower...

Kaladryn said:
Most of these tweaks are outdated, and will DEGRADE PERFORMANCE, eg "16 bit mode" which will actually run slower on some newer cards, and "CacheSizeMegs=512" which developers from Unreal have told us MANY times should not be changed from 32. Also, UseTrilinear=False would make most 'modern' cards (g2+) run slower...
Kaladryn, please post some tips to increase fps. I already noted your reducemouse lag, but i'd like to hear more thx.

pyrot3chnic said:

I like that idea.

Now if I could get that chat text on the left corner (I love the fact that you took out the chat background. It's distracting.)....

Put the sheild/energy/score thing on the right (along with personal score points)....

Put the map right under the sheild/energy/score thing at the top right instead of on the gun. Great idea to get it out of the way... but it would still distract me...

The icons on the left are a great idea. Red amo is good, easy to see. Overall, I like it... but it seems like it needs to be refined somehow? Can't put my finger on what exactly...

Now add a small red dot as the ret for every weapon, and that would be my perfect hud.

Would be nice if there was a way to extract the ammo count for the currently mounted weapon only.. Like the ammohud you had next to the reticle in T1.. Anyone experimented with that? (not that I think it's possible without scripting, but had to ask because the default weaponhuds suck. :))

Back