T:V Tweak Guide

GreeD said:
Is there a way to change the announcer’s voice? Say to a chick? I think I could tolerate a chick telling me my sensor is being attacked over and over and over and over again.
Yes I changed mine to anouncer #2 (was 3 havent tried 1 yet)in the ini file and it is a girl it is much better but......not great.

Lockout said:
Have any of you tried adding/modifying sounds in T:V? I've been dying to change the flag taken/dropped/returned sounds, but I have no idea how.
Yes I have swaped sounds around but they were in game sounds renamed to play with the flag events. This led me to the fact that the problem will be the game says pheonix flag to both teams and leaves it up to you wheather(sp?) your on that team or not. Meaning that Ill need certain team only sounds. Or the same sound for each team then you dont if its your flag or not. Maybe if your offence you could mute your flag and visa versa. IDK, I leave this to the pros.

What? All you need is a sound for a grab, return, and cap. Doesn't matter what team you're on.( t1/t2 style sounds )

You probably have to make duplicates for the 3 seperate tribes, but that's about it.

pyrot3chnic said:
What? All you need is a sound for a grab, return, and cap. Doesn't matter what team you're on.( t1/t2 style sounds )

You probably have to make duplicates for the 3 seperate tribes, but that's about it.
Start diggin into it and I think youll see what I mean.
For instance Pheonix flag drops it plays that sound then everyone on pheonix
says to themselfs thats my flag dropped and the other team says thats not my flag so to them....Im jsut saying that if you do it like that (like you said)
the same sound will play when either flag is dropped or grabbed or returned and youll be left asking yourself which flag was it mine or theirs.

Edit: The ways I see around it are to mute the other teams messages if your on defence , and mute your messages if your on Offence or whatever.
Or like I said you have team specific sounds which is back to "Is that my sound or the other guys" But if there is a way to get team specific sounds then were set (at the end of the map it says "your team won" So maybe there is hope. anyway....whatever.
Ill leave it to the pros.

Last edited:
gOOse said:
Yes I have swaped sounds around but they were in game sounds renamed to play with the flag events. This led me to the fact that the problem will be the game says pheonix flag to both teams and leaves it up to you wheather(sp?) your on that team or not. Meaning that Ill need certain team only sounds. Or the same sound for each team then you dont if its your flag or not. Maybe if your offence you could mute your flag and visa versa. IDK, I leave this to the pros.
Damn, that sucks. I hope someone figures out a way to use different sounds depending on what team you're on.

MonkeyHero said:
I had it just moved off screen because I didn't care about it. Look in the .ini for Personal Scores Hud (or something close to that) and change
OffsetY=-200 to OffsetY=200. That'll put it about in the middle left of the screen (in 1024x768), but you can tweak that value to position it where you want.

Cool Got it. I do have another problem. The hud layout I am doing is pretty much complete except for the quick favs. I set the text to a diff color and larger size and it works for the first time. After that it stays the new color but it returns to the old smaller size. Anyone know why this is happening? Once this is done I can post my hud.

GreeD said:
Is that in User.ini?

[Gameplay.ConcreteSpeechManager]
SpeechVolume=1.0
SpeechInnerRadius=1
SpeechOuterRadius=4096
AnnouncerType=Announcer2

In the "tribesv_mpbeta_en.ini" file

2 is a girl, try 1 maybe its a .... MOnSTER! :scared:

Has anyone figured out how to make people's names larger when they appear under your reticle? Right now they're almost impossible to read.

Sorry for the double post.

I decided not to wait on that last bit to release the hud I made due to the fact that you hardly look at the names of the quickloadouts.

NOTE: This is designed at my LCD's native resolution which is 1280x1024. If enough people like this design I will update this with other resolutions.

Credit to Monkey Hero for the origional hud, Vicelord for the T2 chat binds and Jotun for text placement and modifications.

Changes:

Enlarged radar so you can see it better
Moved event window and personal score boxes to top of screen
Gave event window and personal score boxes backrounds to make more visible.
Widened T2 chat box so you can see what all the binds say.
Moved match start counter to middle of screen and enlarged it
Realigned weapon/deployabl/ flag/ball icons so they didn't overlap pack and grenades
Enlarged weapon ammo count and changed color to green.

Fixed:

Double bound key on taunts ( V-T-C D was bound to 2 taunts, rebound 2nd taunt)

You can download the hud here. Comments and questions welcome.

hud.jpg

when you post in it, the thread gets marked with a yellow dot, so it's easier to find later.

Coincidentally, the exact same reason I am posting in here... so I can find this when I get home.

Back