T:V Tweak Guide

CED/Esmeralda said:
.. I have been working on changing reticule color with little success, albiet I am a village idiot ...

Anyone know how to change the Crosshair color, or not possible yet?

Have any of you tried adding/modifying sounds in T:V? I've been dying to change the flag taken/dropped/returned sounds, but I have no idea how.

Ok I am have one problem i can't figure out. I am using Monkey Hero's huds (slightly modified) and the personal scoreboard isn't showing up at all, it shows up on the origional hud tho. Any ideas why?

After much use I have adjusted to the new quickchat/loadout menu. However, I didn't like it's default placement because I'm an EDSF user. So I made a small change and moved everything over one key. So now, rather than having items bound to Q,W,E they are bound to W,E,R which feels much more comfortable to me. So if you also use EDSF & the default voice binds, you might want to check this out:

http://home.comcast.net/~cherndon/edsf_menu.rar

Just place those in your T:V\Content\System folder. As usual, make a backup of your originals in case something goes wrong. Enjoy.

StormMage said:
Ok I am have one problem i can't figure out. I am using Monkey Hero's huds (slightly modified) and the personal scoreboard isn't showing up at all, it shows up on the origional hud tho. Any ideas why?

I had it just moved off screen because I didn't care about it. Look in the .ini for Personal Scores Hud (or something close to that) and change
OffsetY=-200 to OffsetY=200. That'll put it about in the middle left of the screen (in 1024x768), but you can tweak that value to position it where you want.

Not seen this done before in a Tribes game

From a Tribes Vengeance Guide
Updated Framerate and Visual Tweaks section with experimental ready made Best Visual Compromise / FPS Compromise Settings ini file that can be executed at the console. These are used in a similar way to Quake/Doom config files to automatically adjust settings.

Go to http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/TribesVengeance/FPSVisuals.htm and click on the Best Visual Compromise / FPS Compromise settings link for ini file, instructions and warnings.

Big Monkey said:
Have you tried that Mapson?

I hadnt when I posted but i have now, i started with a default tribesv_mpbeta_en.ini and executed the settings file at the console. On my system visually it looks a lot better than the low settings, has higher visibilty distance than low and has FPS somewhere between low and medium. My FPS didnt appear to drop too low in firefights either. Not bad at all and easy to use, saves trawling though the preferences editor or editing tribesv_mpbeta_en.ini :)

Im sure theyll update it as the page states its experimental / in progress still.

If I try it, is there any way to revert back to my old settings? I already did some snooping around on my own, but I don't wanna overwrite it and not be able to get it back later.

pyrot3chnic said:
If I try it, is there any way to revert back to my old settings? I already did some snooping around on my own, but I don't wanna overwrite it and not be able to get it back later.

Backup tribesv_mpbeta_en.ini and user.ini, any problems simply copy them back. Maybe email the guys over at Upsetchaps with your feedback as they state its experimental.

Back