T:V Tweak Guide

Also there are settings in default.ini that allow you to run T:V at 16bit insted of 32bit. This helped with my FPS enough that i could up my fog distance.

Im on a GF2 Go

Greywolf said:
Also there are settings in default.ini that allow you to run T:V at 16bit insted of 32bit. This helped with my FPS enough that i could up my fog distance.

Use16bitTextures and Use16bit? I'll try them thanks. Might be some others to help you here, major list of tweaks now since its been updated.

http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/TribesVengeance/FPSVisuals.htm

Hiding weapon gave me a little boost even though i only did it as i hate weapon showing.

The huds look nice. Tried out Littlewing's hud and had a few issues. Icons/graphics for weapons portion of hud were missing. The boxes were there and numbered, just nothing in them. On the bottom left and middle it was cut off a little bit. Tried at 1600x1200 & 1280x1024. Haven't tried the other yet.

EDIT: Tried the other and am using that now. Works great at 1600x1200

Last edited:
I didn't test that one before I linked it, I tried to get help in #rapture where he idles along with his teamates, but no one has responded yet. :|

This game seems to run really bad on Geforce, any idea if they plan to improve performance before release? 3ghz, 512 ram, Geforce go5700 and the framerate is horrible(10-15fps) on servers with 10+ people even at 800x600. Tried a few tweaks and they help slightly but it still seems to perform way under where it should.

To have zoom reset back to 2.0 every time you use it, make this change in your user.ini:

Z=Button bZoom | onRelease set PlayerCharacterController zoomLevel 0

To make is so mouse wheel up is zoom in and mouse wheel down is zoom out do this:

MouseWheelDown=cycleZoomLevel 1
MouseWheelUp=cycleZoomLevel

(You can make zoom in/out set to differnt keys if you want, this won't cycle zoom levels unless you are zoomed.)

To make is so 'v' chat works like it did in T2 (press to activate menu), but works to select quick select equipment while on an inv (you'll have to hold v down) do this:

V=ToggleQuickChat | Button bLoadoutSelection

To bind specific weapons to specific keys to do something like this:

1=setweapon equipmentclasses.weaponspinfusor | switchvehicleposition1
2=setweapon equipmentclasses.weaponchaingun | switchvehicleposition2
3=setweapon equipmentclasses.weapongrenadelauncher | switchvehicleposition3
etc.

The complete list of weapon names is:
equipmentclasses.weaponspinfusor
equipmentclasses.weaponchaingun
equipmentclasses.weapongrenadelauncher
equipmentclasses.weaponsniperrifle
equipmentclasses.weaponbuckler
equipmentclasses.weaponburner
equipmentclasses.weaponmortar
equipmentclasses.weaponrocketpod
equipmentclasses.weaponenergyblade
equipmentclasses.weaponblaster
equipmentclasses.weapongrappler

Warning: If you open the 'conrols' tab set a new key or even look at your current keys, some of these these custom key binds will be ereased. A bug?

Last edited:
Where can I find the window for that countdown timer before the map starts? I would like to center it on the screen and enlarge the font a bit.

Thanks Big Monkey and all that followed his lead in this post and showed us some good stuff, it is appreciated; know it takes time and work and thank you all that contributed...

:) :)

StormMage said:
Where can I find the window for that countdown timer before the map starts? I would like to center it on the screen and enlarge the font a bit.
Open up TribesHUD.ini from Content\System, and look towards the bottom of the file for something that says "Start Countdown hud config".

Fitzy said:
This game seems to run really bad on Geforce, any idea if they plan to improve performance before release? 3ghz, 512 ram, Geforce go5700 and the framerate is horrible(10-15fps) on servers with 10+ people even at 800x600. Tried a few tweaks and they help slightly but it still seems to perform way under where it should.
To me your post doesn't seem to fit the theme of this thread but a few things needed is more specs in area of broadband connection level, updated firmware for router??, latest drivers for graphics and sound cards??, haven't looked but is vid card 128 or 256mb?? should have direcx 9.0c, 1GB ram is better, minimal backround apps running, have NO 'active' ad-aware/ad-watch/ ad-blocker/related yadda running, clean machine that is defragged to start with... GL...

Back