T:V Tweak Guide

I'm on retail, but I can't seem to change any parameters on the Default.ini, and it's not Read-Only. I'd like to tweak my settings in Default, 'cause I've got everything set to Low/Off ingame and still getting poop for framerate on any map larger than Cavern.

Help?

I'm on a Mobility Radeon 9200, which isn't helping, I know.

Define "can't":
a) You change them and nothing happens in game
b) You change them and they auto-magically change back
c) Error while saving file
d) The Gameplay.PsychoAnalysis file decides that you really wanted the game set to retail and modifies your brains visual input to believe nothing has changed, via the GamePlay.HypnoticSuggestion package

Ok, ignore (d), but more info would be helpful,
-T

Timmain42 said:
I'm on retail, but I can't seem to change any parameters on the Default.ini, and it's not Read-Only. I'd like to tweak my settings in Default, 'cause I've got everything set to Low/Off ingame and still getting poop for framerate on any map larger than Cavern.

Help?

I'm on a Mobility Radeon 9200, which isn't helping, I know.

The default file changes items that are built in to the TV_CD_DVD.ini file which the game reads from. So if you make changes to Default, it is suggested that you backup and/or move/delete the TV_CD_DVD.in file so that it can be rebuilt by the game and then your changes will take affect.

Sudsaroo said:
How do I make the message window smaller? It seems like it's taking up an awful lot of my screen.
You can go into the 'User.Ini' file and near the very bottom under the [Gameplay.PlayerCharacterController] header and change the ChatWindowSizes ----> the default is 4,6,12 I think; I use 2,6,12 and the poster was correct that the default chat window sizer is the 'delete key' which can be changed to another in this same file...

****usual disclaimer: back-up you originals, yadda**** but this is a minor/no biggie change

Oh I got something like that. I got my events stuff on the top left, my radar on the top right, scoreboard on the bottom left, my weapons on the right, and my health, energy and speed bars are centered around my reticle which when it zooms it does not change to that white reticle, but the sniper reticle I am using. If you do not know how to get your reticle to go to a custom zoom reticle go here: http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329148 And for the energy bars go here: http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331898

grr.. well i thought i had found it, guess not.

Im trying to change the color of the enemy team in the chat box, and in the event message window. i thought it was under "[EnemyMessage]" in the ini file, but i guess not. If i missed it somehow, let me know, i thought i pretty much had read this thread through.
Thanks

here is a screenshot of what i have so far

Xotic_HUD_v1.1.jpg

Last edited:
Back