T:V Tweak Guide

Thanks, I'm just glad someone figured out a way to get rid of those humongous rets...

Updated link if anyone wants it..

pyrot3chnic said:
http://www.suavesports.com/pyro/pyVISION.rar

Quick notes:
- Flag icon flashes.
- Pack icon flashes when charged.
- Announcements( [insert tribes here] flag taken! ) moved to the bottom of screen.
- You need the t1 vchat menu.( http://www.suavesports.com/pyro/T1vchatForVengeance.zip by RegisteredFruit )
Additions:
- Modified speed bar by byteasc.. clicky
- T1 reticle.. it's somewhere on the forums, do a search.

The alpha value is too low. Look for these lines:
Code:
[ext_SpeedHud]
emptyTexture=(material=Texture'HUD.Bars',Coords=(U=0,V=88,UL=160,VL=22),drawColor=(R=255,G=255,B=255,[b][color=green]A=50[/color][/b]),style=1)
fullTexture=(material=Texture'HUD.Bars',Coords=(U=0,V=66,UL=160,VL=22),drawColor=(R=255,G=255,B=255,[b][color=green]A=200[/color][/b]),style=1)
and

Code:
[ext_SpeedHudLabel]
TextColor=(R=255,G=0,B=0,[b][color=green]A=255[/color][/b])

The green parts control the translucency of the text and the bars. The R= G= B= parts control the color. Play around with those till you get the text color you want. Changing these values on the bars doesn't work, though, only the alpha does.

Thanks alot! I'll mess around with it and tell you if I have any problems. Does the 50/200 cause the translucency? If I change the values to 100/100 will it be opaque? I know nothing about this stuff. Just learning.

Why am I the only one who has reported this problem upon install of the speed bar? I don't see what's so unique about my SpeedBar.ini compared to others.

(Also... check your PM's)

Last edited:
your new hud layout causes me to crash as soon as i spawn (or when the timer runs out on the start countdown)
im thinking maybe you made it for a resolution higher than 1024x768?

Anyone know how to make the flag icon flash when you have the flag? Also... how do you make the pack icon flash when it's recharged and ready to be used?

TheGrudge said:
Anyone know how to make the flag icon flash when you have the flag? Also... how do you make the pack icon flash when it's recharged and ready to be used?

Add:

Code:
bFlashing=true,flashFrequency=0.2

"bFlashing=true" Means the item will flash. When set to false, it won't.
The flashfrequency does just what it reads, sets the frequency at which the item will flash.

Example of this in action would be:

Code:
[default_Carryable]
emptyTexture=(drawColor=(R=255,G=255,B=255,A=255),style=1)
fullTexture=(drawColor=(R=255,G=255,B=255,A=255),style=1,fadeDuration=0.30,bFading=true,fadeSourceColor=(R=255,G=0,B=0,A=255),fadeTargetColor=(R=255,G=255,B=255,A=255),bFadePulse=true,[B]bFlashing=true,flashFrequency=0.2[/B])
bDrawKey=True
horizontalAlignment=HALIGN_Right
verticalAlignment=VALIGN_Middle
Width=50
Height=25
offsetY=98
offsetX=-1
keyTemplateObjectName=default_EquipmentHotkeyLabel

Due to the help of many TW members, I've come up with the first version of my Custom Hud. Thanks alot those of you've who've cared enough to explain some things to me.

TheGrudge's Custom HUD

CHANGES:
- Speedbar below Health/Energy, as well as spacing changes
- Personal Scores moved between chatbox and health/energy/speed bars
- Flag icon moved between chatbox and radar (it flashes red/white)
- Energy Blade Icon removed
- Made chatbox more trancparent
- T1 red rets
- T1 Vchat (Not shown)

Last edited:
^Jadakiss said:
Good job man...but you might want to post link to the tribeshud.ini

I will as soon as I finish it. I have a few more changes in mind. I'll have to make a .zip and include the rets/vchat/speedbar also.

downloaded that and put the files where the zip would place them.. still crashing.

Here is the junk in the error message:

No Label
Crash Time: 10/04/04 00:01:45
CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3083 MHz with 1022MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT (6573)
TV Build Number: 62740
Access Violation caused General protection fault!
History: Process_Native_Func <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='TribesGui.HUDElement.Layout' OBJ='default_CharacterHUD'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='TribesGui.HUDElement.DoLayout' OBJ='default_CharacterHUD'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='TribesGui.TribesHUDScript.DoUpdate' OBJ='default_CharacterHUD'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='TribesGui.TribesHUD.DrawHUD' OBJ='TribesCharacterHUD0'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='Engine.HUD.PostRender' OBJ='TribesCharacterHUD0'] <- UObject::processEvent [Function TribesGui.TribesHUD.PostRender() on TribesCharacterHUD MP-Isle.TribesCharacterHUD0] <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Not sure if that helps. Anyway, it's a nice hud, I'd like to use it. Thanks :)

Back