[HOW TO] Host a *dedicated* server, configure, setup webadmin

Run your web admin on a different port (unused). Something like 7878 would work. That typically is not used. Dont use 80 or 8080 b/c those are common.

Helado said:
This seemed to work for me for a rabbit server:

.exe mp-emerald?game=GameClasses.ModeRabbit?maxplayers=10 -server

so I believe fuel is

.exe mp-emerald?game=GameClasses.ModeFuel?maxplayers=20 -server

I don't know what will happen if mp-emerald isn't compatible with Fuel.

Names should be:

GameClasses.ModeCTF
GameClasses.ModeBall
GameClasses.ModeFuel
GameClasses.ModeRabbit
GameClasses.ModeArena

This does not work for me. Want to start in Arena, no worky. Anyone figure this out?

whats this i read about T:V not making use of dual processor servers? i thought candyman or someone said is a thread about it not utilizing both cpus or something ? :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat:

thats what our intention was. to run multiple game servers (4 or so) on a dual xeon 2.8 box. will doing so make use of the power of both cpus?

boyscout, the OS is responsible for balancing all runnable threads across the available CPU's. A single game server rarely makes use of more than one CPU, but multiple game servers will spread out over all available.

Couple things - Instead of passing settings via Command line, you can set them in the ini, just as well (Recommended too, for future Mutators/Mods that don't parse command line)

Here is the Heading to look for or Add.. and some options you can add under them

Code:
 [Engine.GameInfo]
 MaxPlayers=16
 MaxSpectators=2
 bAdminCanPause=false
 bAllowWeaponThrowing=false
 bAllowBehindview=true

[Gameplay.GameInfo]
 playerTeamDamagePercentage=0.0
 baseDeviceTeamDamagePercentage=0.5
 ^ Percentage based Team Damage limits

There are others, but I can't think of it off the top of my head..

ScratchMonkey said:
boyscout, the OS is responsible for balancing all runnable threads across the available CPU's. A single game server rarely makes use of more than one CPU, but multiple game servers will spread out over all available.

That's very, very wrong.

If you fire up an app that doesnt know what SMP it won't know about the second CPU to thread to.

The OS will not handle this at all. There is an option in 2k and 2k3 to set processor affinity, basically forcing the app to run on a secondary process.

however, this DOES NOT WORK

Read that again.

Launch the server, force it to CPU1 instead of CPU0 and guess what, CPU0 still has all the use, never gets moved to the secondary.

In fact I have a quad Opteron at work we played around with and it would not move to any of the 4 procs, at all.

and for the linux stuff, they have said many times in other threads, not very likely to happen

Got ALMOST everything working. Got the WebAdmin to work and what not, but I still cant figure out how to "Assign" the IP for the server. (i.e. multihome in shortcut like UT). I tried putting MultiHome=xx.xx.xx.xx in the tribesv_mpbeta_en.ini

Any help would be great. ;)

Unless I read the rest of this thread wrong, it can't be done. It will just default to the primary IP on your box.

I personally didn't try to bind an IP, just changed the ports a bit.

CandyMan said:
and for the linux stuff, they have said many times in other threads, not very likely to happen
They said it in two threads and the latest was 4 months ago...

You know it would be helpful and effecient if you guys changed the command line for Dedicated server in your relevant posts (here and on Sierra boards).

The biggest problem for everyone seems to be that they are not putting the:
mp-isle?maxplayers=26 -server outside the quotations. And people are going to copy everything verbatim as its presented. It took me a while to figure this out scanning these forums. :soapbox:

BTW T:V beta is the best thing since sliced bread. ;) Im impressed, and I dont even like UT2k4. Great job and a hats off to Irrational Games. You guys put the Unreal Engine on the map!

Back