[HOW TO] Host a *dedicated* server, configure, setup webadmin

Just for grins I opened up the entire range 50000 through 65000 to see if the gamespy would stop complaining. Still no go. The server still says "GameSpy qr2: (4) Unable to query the server. You may need to open port 56598 for incoming traffic." Which is crap because it's open. And those ports are chosen at random. They are not the same each time. There must be a setting or something out there for servers behind NAT so that it can find us. ARGH! Heheh, I'm just hopeing someone out there smarter then me has maybe figured this out. I hate it when the server kicks my ass like this.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been asked before... but I searched and couldn't find any good answers to these issues:

1. Can you increase the intermission time (e.g. the time between maps where scores are displayed and who had the most caps/returns, etc.)?

2. Can you make the MOTD message size larger and/or last longer?

3. The multihome option doesn't work (for me at least), is there any way to force T:V to use an specific IP address?

Thanks guys.

Equaknox said:
I tried running t:v with firedaemon multiple times, and can't seem to get it working. It loads up fine, but does not show up in the server list.

Code:
Working Directory:
C:\Program Files\TribesVengeanceBeta\Program\Bin

Executable:
C:\Program Files\TribesVengeanceBeta\Program\Bin\tribesv_mpbeta_en.exe

Parameters:
tribesv_mpbeta_en.exe mp-winterlake?maxplayers=20 -server

*I renamed the directories without spaces, so that isnt the issue*
I also tried a reinstall, still wont work.
:shrug:
drop the "tribesv_mpbeta_en.exe" in parameteres. it doesnt need to know the .exe it already has that info. parameters are only for what it tacks on to the .exe.

JohnnyConfidence said:
Just for grins I opened up the entire range 50000 through 65000 to see if the gamespy would stop complaining. Still no go. The server still says "GameSpy qr2: (4) Unable to query the server. You may need to open port 56598 for incoming traffic." Which is crap because it's open. And those ports are chosen at random. They are not the same each time. There must be a setting or something out there for servers behind NAT so that it can find us. ARGH! Heheh, I'm just hopeing someone out there smarter then me has maybe figured this out. I hate it when the server kicks my ass like this.

Message gamespy constantly untill they tell you how to fix the problem. It's weird... only one other person here has said they have the same problem and no one knows what to do about it.

how do you enable the tourney mode?

*edit* also what is the command to (or is there one?) force a *playername* to switch sides?

Last edited:
webadmin won't work for me... i opened the listen port... still no go. tries to connect to my local IP (which means it seems to be routing fine) but then connection is refused.

JohnnyConfidence said:
Anyone have any ideas for Demo servers behind NAT/Firewall? I've opened the ports 7777,7778,27900,6500,28910 both UDP and TCP. The Beta server has been working fine for the last month, but now with the demo it fails. Anyone have suggestions? It seems to have something to do with gamespy ports, the server keeps saying it needs 50577, or 63325 or something else open, but it seems to be random. The ports keep changing and doesn't matter if I open them or not. Anyone have any ideas. Is there some new command to use to get it behind nat? I'm still using the nifty little bat file launcher but all that does is setup my command line. Thanks.

Having this exact same problem.

Divinity now has a public server up - Heaven ^i^
IP: 69.90.112.26

I want to thank all of those for the information provided in here...very helpfull with getting our server up.

It's a central server (Chicago) on a very nice connection. Any issues can be brought to #^i^.

Where is a list of console admin comands? I have only found about 4 or 5... seems there should be more. For instance... is there a comand to say something as the admin like you can using webadmin?

Metallifan said:
webadmin won't work for me... i opened the listen port... still no go. tries to connect to my local IP (which means it seems to be routing fine) but then connection is refused.

The web admin appears to bind to your IP address then redirect all connections to that absolute IP address and URL, so those of us NATting or port forwarding to internal addresses are screwed. I can't imagine why they would do it that way instead of using a relative URL.

[PoE]Anthem said:
The web admin appears to bind to your IP address then redirect all connections to that absolute IP address and URL, so those of us NATting or port forwarding to internal addresses are screwed. I can't imagine why they would do it that way instead of using a relative URL.
ahh. yeah this def needs fixed devs. enjoying the progress thusfar and i hope we can help you squish bugs :D

hmmm... i am probably one of the lucky ones that did not face any of the problems with the ports... and frankly, I have no idea what i did right...

Question: the MOTD no longer displays in DEMO. Is this true for everyone or is it just me?

Just for the record: I hate hosting UT servers... sigh... and Tribes just HAD to go that way, huh? :p

Map rotation question.

Arena server setup......... we want to run only Emerald. How do we force that to occur?

And yes, we tried webadmin and no luck with custom map rotation.

Thanks.

[PoE]Anthem said:

i guess this wasnt fixed. still doesnt work externally.

I think it's just you Warr...mine works fine.

I do have a different question about the group levels in the WebAdmin. What does the Game Settings Level for each group determine?
By default, the admin has 255, but I don't know what that means/does and know what I should create other groups at.

On a last note, has there been any mention on a downloadable server only version for release?

Metallifan said:
.e

same. Whats wierd is people can connect fine to the server regardless of the port I use, but no matter what port I put on listen port it will refuse the connection.

EDIT: well im a dip, turns out you dont want to actually put anything in the webadmin area for server=, or else it will try and redirect you. /em hides

Last edited:
Can someone post their command line (if possible), of the command to run a dedicated server with NO CD in the drive? It appears, after trying and reading that this will not work, which like most people have stated, is a HUGE problem.

If you can't run a dedicated server with no CD, when will the server only be released, and WHY was UCC included with the full version if we can't run a dedicated server with NO cd out of the box?

Anyone? Anyone? VU/IG? anyone?

/Riddick

Back