Do NOT like the game

No, they haven't dumbed down teamwork, but it hasn't been leveled off with the adjustments made to personalization. Right now, T:V is a great shooter, but not a great team game. It certainly doesn't need a do-or-die attitude in regards to teamplay, but neither does it need to be as much of an innecessity as it currently is.

eeyore said:
the cohesion is this: TV is a game that lacks depth or substance, and as such it will appeal to those who just like to run around blowing stuff up. This is not a bad thing, its just different. As I said, I enjoy it myself for about 20 minutes or so at a time.
I've been hearing totally different things about T:V.
eeyore said:
I guess a good place to take the conversation would be matchplay vs. pubs. In any pub you can get just a free for all, even with T1 and T2, but matches are a different level of playing. Even in matchplay TV is a dumbed down game, geared much more toward infantry fighting. Vehicle based strats will be impacted, certainly, if used at all. Vehicles took effort to kill in T2,not so in TV.
That is why it is a different game. It seems that you want all the features of T2 to be brought over to T:V. If you like those features, go play T2, because this won't be anything like it.
eeyore said:
As far as my invective (big word, means: verbal sparring) in these forums, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. Smacktards will and should be treated like smacktards. But actually, I do believe I am dealing with pre-teens here, or at least very immature teens, so there is basis in fact with my invective. And they really should be out buying their school supplies.
You obviously have no idea of the meaning of the latin expression I posted. Go look it up.

eeyore said:
As far as my invective (big word, means: verbal sparring) in these forums, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. Smacktards will and should be treated like smacktards. But actually, I do believe I am dealing with pre-teens here, or at least very immature teens, so there is basis in fact with my invective. And they really should be out buying their school supplies, especially Blayze.

Your arrogance and immaturity are amazing.

I'd seriously like to know how you judge a game's teamplay ability when nobody has played it as a team yet? How do you know? Have you played a beta scrim with your team? Have you spent a few weeks practicing and learning strats? Or are you just making it up off the top of your head based on a limited view of the game?

no,if you read my post (reading is when you look at words and see what they mean), you'd see I "raised the issue." I'd like to know what good ladder players think matches will be like in TV. Anyone? And yes, at this point it would largely be conjecture, but still a good discussion, once we sift through the smacktard flames.

Riavan said:
Look guys, some people arnt going to like the game. Big woop.

I don't have a problem with people not liking it, I have a problem with people making up bullshazbot to justify it and trying to convince people they are right about it.

Riavan said:
Look guys, some people arnt going to like the game. Big woop.
And that's okay, too. But when they come to the forums telling us how this game should be exactly like the previous one, it just ain't right.

Fool said:
I'd seriously like to know how you judge a game's teamplay ability when nobody has played it as a team yet? How do you know? Have you played a beta scrim with your team? Have you spent a few weeks practicing and learning strats? Or are you just making it up off the top of your head based on a limited view of the game?

He doesn't have to answer when he can simply reply: "U MUST B 8 YEARS OLD GO BUY A SCHOOL SKIRT, LOL!"

eeyore said:
Been playing Tribes for 5 years..my in game tag is eeyore,and I play with the Mature Asskickers (MA), mainly the BEML ladder which is still very active. .

I don't likeTV at all. It dumbs down tribes to be basically ut2004 with jetpacks.

The oob wall is an absolute sacrilege to the whole idea of freedom in tribes that was a hallmark of the game. That in itself makes me not want to play. In short: "you are in a cage. Go back to the dueling.." Screw that.

The air vehicles absolutely suck, but then the game was designed for small maps and dueling , so no need for cool vehicles like the thundersword or shrike. The game will suck without them. I like the MPB. Weapons are excellent. Physics are great. Maps are gorgeous.

They have taken out some of the best things about tribes. I enjoyed playing the beta for a few weeks, but realised I was geting bored after about 25 minutes of playing, much like the UT series. Tribes 1 or two I could play for hours on end and not get bored. Not this dog. What a shame. Tribes has become just another FPS game.

no more artful farmers who hide the small turrets in strategic places.

no more fast bombing runs.

no more fast shrike capping. Being a HOF in TV is basically useless, and there is no tension. I used to like the anticipation of looking in all directions for the fast capper coming in off a shrike....no more... just get mortared or duel.

I lost interest in the beta, basically, and will go back to playing t2 and t1 with whoever is still there. I truly hope the modders and map makers can salvage this game.

With the advanced CC and larger maps, Tribes 2 could be taken to another level by good players....using the cc and shrike radar to detect incoming enemies or their deployables; capping from a bomber.

TV is TOO SLOOOOOOWWWWWW.

No more cloakers? WTH is up with that?

The shield pack is useless.

Again, this is a very pretty, dumbed down game which I have no interest in playing. If my tribe decides to play it I will tolerate it I guess, but wiill as I said be looking for T1, T2, and Planetside for my enjoyment.

As a beta tester myself, I can say that you are ABSOLUTELY WRONG ON HALF OF WHAT YOU SAID, and the half that is true, everyone will be glad about. The oob grid is very far away and doesnt limit any movement needed for capping or anything else. The shield pack is very useful. Good ridance to Shrike capping. But the funniest thing is, this game is FAST AS HELL. I could never go back to t2.

And that concludes the truth, see you in another thread.

Last edited:
eeyore said:
no,if you read my post (reading is when you look at words and see what they mean), you'd see I "raised the issue." I'd like to know what good ladder players think matches will be like in TV. Anyone? And yes, at this point it would largely be conjecture, but still a good discussion, once we sift through the smacktard flames.

I played in the top 5 with z2 in T1 and T2 base, and I can say that TV matches will be a blast. They won't rely on you having the better shrike pilot in a 16 on 16 match, they won't rely on stupid and pointless deployables that do all the work for you, they won't go 30 minutes in a 0-0 tie where the Dev team rather than fix the map balance decide to implement the use of a flag-touch score system.

What are your credentials that you attack the competitive side of the game?

Amadeu5 said:
A well organized team of n00bs shouldn't be able to do jack shazbot.
If they are well organized they are not "n00bs". Of course this kind of thinking is forbidden here at TW, right?

40 Blayze, an old fart. My kid is 18, and he plays T2 and Cod. We are a happy gaming family!! BTW, I know I'm ragging on age, but be clear its just part of the forum thing; I enjoy giving back what I get....many of you guys are great Tribes players, and I tip my hat to you young guys. At tribalwars, the best part for me was seeing how dedicated everyone was to the game. Better than a superbowl party. I'd just like to see Tribes grow more challenging and team based, not be reduced to a slugfest. Again, I hope I am wrong.

Oxide said:
If they are well organized they are not "n00bs". Of course this kind of thinking is forbidden here at TW, right?
I was just pointing out that organized != win

There's still individual skill involved to be able to execute the tactics.

Not everyone here is a young, and some of the mature people are not old. Judging people's age with attitude is idiotic.

None of your ways are right, everyone will see something a diffrent way, its just how they percieve it. So who cares, just ignore him and let the thread drop off the bottom of the list.

eeyore said:
well said, Plague, and a breath of fresh air to see one of few intelligent posts.
I'm tripping over the smacktards in here. TV is trying to do something different, and even better, for gameplay, no doubt about that. No doubt also that the devs are thoughtful, dedicated, and have an ear to the Tribes community. TV just seems like its become a game for twitchy smacktards who, as you say, just want to cowboy. The teamwork aspects of Tribes have been dumbed down with this game.

Blayze, go buy your school supplies. I think in 6th grade they let you use calculators, so get a good one.

Thats kinda funny.

I played a few D posistions this past week. HoF, flag LD, base D/repair/farm. The people that tried to cowboy against me were quickly disbatched and several of them dropped out of the server after being thoroughly owned several times in a row. Cordination is still needed like it always was. Problem in TV now is that its beta(duh) and people aren't necassarily playing a dedicated posistion like you find in T1 and T2 servers. They are trying new things, screwing around, looking for bugs, faster routes, etc. Once it goes open beta nad eventually gold you will see people fall into their preferred roles and the pubs will become more competitive and organized. Of course it will have its pub moments like T1 and T2 were the comp level is abysmal but thats expected. Anyways, it will change for the better.

You comments for your first post seem to be the things that most people in T1 and T2 Comp hated the most about the game you like so its no wonder they are gone.

Last edited:
Back