T:V warez ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
if the data you take deprives someone else of their property (money) then you are stealing. the game isn't even for sale yet.

Nash said:
Geez, if i'd have known that one post can have such a big impact.
5 Pages in less then a hour.
Next time i'm just gonna shutup and laugh at the "we want the beta posts". :rolleyes:

please do. The key to those posts is that we WANT the beta. Not "We stole your shazbot..hahahahaha"

but whatever,

mixolydian said:
if the data you take deprives someone else of their property (money) then you are stealing. the game isn't even for sale yet.

The property is the files, they have inherent value.

If I take your car, even though you're not using it, is it stealing?

JodoFett said:
That's such a crap argument mixo.

you're actually right, i'm just playing semantics. I just don't think it should be such a big deal considering it's only the beta. just my opinion.

mixolydian said:
reread the definition, i'm not depriving anyone of their property at all. The game isn't even for sale yet, so i haven't even deprived the developers of their money.

I fail to see in your definition where it says stealing involves depriving someone of money.

Depriving someone of money, or getting something for free is usually the incentive to stealing, not the act itself.

mixolydian said:
you're actually right, i'm just playing semantics. I just don't think it should be such a big deal considering it's only the beta. just my opinion.
FP probably payed a crap load for the exclusive rights. So how aren't you stealing again?

Amadeu5 said:
But you did so with FP.

Btw I think that if it wasn't for that 1 week FP thing then noone would have had any problems with the beta getting leaked.

Actually, I think the problem is a whole bunch of us are being told "You have to wait to get into the beta. be patient"

So we wait and are patient, we're tying to be a good supportive community. How are we repaid? A bunch of others are stealing and breaking into the beta, so by being good we're getting screwed out of playing a game we love and have been waiting to play for years. Meanwhile others are in, flaunting that they're in, and aren't being punished.

It's making for sore feelings.

I just don't see it as stealing. I see it as pirating. When i think of steal, I think, "Damn my car was just stolen. Now i don't have a car." In this case, they still have the game which they can sell to as many people as they like.

edit: and i've already said I don't support warezing. That's why i'm actually buying the game and trying to help prevent the pirating of this game.

I'd like to point out that DigitalFiction has warezed and played beta 04. I admit to attempting to warez but the installer would always fail.

mixolydian said:
I just don't see it as stealing. I see it as pirating. When i think of steal, I think, "Damn my car was just stolen. Now i don't have a car." In this case, they still have the game which they can sell to as many people as they like.

im gonna pirate your wallet at uva7

mixolydian said:
You practically stole FP's exclusive rights to distribute the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back