T:V warez ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nash said:
Way to screw the meaning... :rolleyes:

what meaning?

You said "We were told we could be in" (when actually you were told there was a SLIGHT chance you could be in) "when we couldn't be. So we stole it"

I'm saying "I was told I could have some money" (not possible, but I COULD, I already have a better claim to his money by your logic) "then he said no. So I'm going to steal his money"

I like this logic, I'm going to go rob a bank and get off scott free now. bye

blayze said:
I think it's group hug time. :cry: :cry:

you can have your hug once you stop effing stealing.

If you're not one of those damn warez monkies, than why you waiting out in the cold come join the warmth that is righteous indignity!

enDless_Delirium said:
Because any input the Euros could give would be skewed by lag. They have/had servers in Aussie and America. Therefore if you weren't in Aussie or America it's possible the "bugs" you find would just be lag as you'd be pinging like 400+ to any server available.

Reasons beyond that? VU has, IG doesn't (to best of my knowledge). Than there was the fact that it was a corporate decision for other places.

Thrax already said that not saying until late that the Euros wouldn't be allowed in was a strategy. A strategy to show VU that EUROPE LIKED TRIBES AS WELL, to show that Europe would buy the game as well.

Way to go and show that Europe will not wait for legit ways and will in fact just hack and steal to get in. I salute you you warezing f-tards.

GOOD GOD lets not test our net code for people with higher pings.
Oh no the entire fate of europe is balanced on a couple or so Warez Monkeys! Yeah sure.

Im from europe and im waiting patiently like most people.

hh_cloud said:
Oh no the entire fate of europe is balanced on a couple or so Warez Monkeys! Yeah sure.

yeah but do you like car bombs?

steal: To take (the property of another) without right or permission.

false definition: steal: To copy (the property of another) without right or permission.

First of all, i do not support the warezing of games; however, this game is still in beta. The people who went to twars were only required to provide proof that they had preordered the game. Secondly, by warezing it now, the devs can learn what vunerabilities are in the game and fix the security issues before release.
I'll admit that I recieved the warezed 04 and 05 betas and I have played the game in servers where the devs themselves were playing. Menzo knows that I have it and so does Irritant. I've also already preordered the game. So how is it stealing again?

Geez, if i'd have known that one post can have such a big impact.
5 Pages in less then a hour.
Next time i'm just gonna shutup and laugh at the "we want the beta posts". :rolleyes:

mixolydian said:

false definition: steal: To copy (the property of another) without right or permission.

First of all, i do not support the warezing of games; however, this game is still in beta. The people who went to twars were only required to provide proof that they had preordered the game. Secondly, by warezing it now, the devs can learn what vunerabilities are in the game and fix the security issues before release.
I'll admit that I recieved the warezed 04 and 05 betas and I have played the game in servers where the devs themselves were playing. Menzo knows that I have it and so does Irritant. I've also already preordered the game. So how is it stealing again?

Because you do not have permission like the TWars attendees do. Taking something w/out permission = stealing (only definition)

Sure you can say copying w/out permission isn't stealing but it is.

Nash said:
Geez, if i'd have known that one post can have such a big impact.
5 Pages in less then a hour.
Next time i'm just gonna shutup and laugh at the "we want the beta posts". :rolleyes:

why thats a great idea

reread the definition, i'm not depriving anyone of their property at all. The game isn't even for sale yet, so i haven't even deprived the developers of their money.

hh_cloud said:

I'm not talking about you, I'm addressing the warez people, sorry if you take offense.

and the plan I believe, was to stress test the netcode during OPEN beta. Not closed. Closed was for the game, Open was for the net code and last minute balance issues.

mixolydian said:
reread the definition, i'm not depriving anyone of their property at all. The game isn't even for sale yet, so i haven't even deprived the developers of their money.

Think about it, data can never truly be stolen then with your argument, can it? You never get the same data, you just copy it to another place. Even if you drag and drop, its copied then removed at the original spot. To use a word in this thread, its bolloks.

mixolydian said:

whatever makeS you sleep better at night.

STEALER!

mixolydian said:
But you did so with FP.

Btw I think that if it wasn't for that 1 week FP thing then noone would have had any problems with the beta getting leaked.

mixolydian said:

ohnoes, we're using the word steal instead of "software piracy" which is "To copy (and distribute?) the property of another without right or permission"

Which they did. It's IG/VU's property, and they didn't have permission.

And it's stealing as you took without permission. That's how it's stealing. That they're letting it slide just means you should count your blessings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back