[Feedback] TV Blaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Validuz said:
yea cuz me not wanting to use the blaster when I spawn (nrg weapon + no nrg pack = worthless), makes me a newbie... not only do I think youre an idiot for saying that, but I think anyone that thinks they NEED to use it (like its better than hand nades + discs.. pfft) on someone when they spawn, makes me think they are fucking newbies

to each his own, I guess

its an option, no one NEEDS, but its nice to have. it allows depth and versatility. just because the blaster was useless in the past and considered "newbie" doesnt mean its like that now. disc and nades both have high splash damage, its not always practical to use them in close combat where u're gonna be getting hurt from countless other things. blasters dont hurt urself when u shoot others with them. u cant count on pickin up that repair kit anymore.

the reason i said it doesnt take you askin who TSI is to figure out ure a t2 player, is because your ego and attitude imply u've been around for awhile, and while t2 players may know u, t1 players do not. cyanide also has a point, heh.

Blotter said:
the reason i said it doesnt take you askin who TSI is to figure out ure a t2 player, is because your ego and attitude imply u've been around for awhile, and while t2 players may know u, t1 players do not. cyanide also has a point, heh.

oh

dang:p

TSI actually played for e2 in t2 base, val shoulda known that, guess he's a bigger base newb than he thought :x

-cyanide- said:
continue to play tribes2 because you dont seem to grasp the concept this is a different game
gahuck, really.. idiot?

the blaster in spawn armor with no energy pack does not make it worthless

it is very effective actually
Yea... just like the blaster in T2. People used to run inside with their blaster out ready to barrage some half-health HO shielder down in the gen room... they end up missing half their shots, damaging themselves and then finally get killed by the heavy by one disc shot. :lol:

There's actually another factor that's involved. FPS. It may be easier to make a point-blank shot at 70+fps, however most are down in the 30s and 40s. When mortar explosions, disc, and invo explosions are going off... it makes it increasingly difficult to aim precisely at a heavy/whatever, with ~20fps, unless he's just standing still like an idiot.

Blotter said:
I haven't been around forever though... I played T1, but I was never involved with the communities of Tribes. I just pubbing newbie mods (Holocaust was one).

it took me like 6 months after a year of the game being out to realize there was a community, i was so late :/

Validuz said:
Yea... just like the blaster in T2. People used to run inside with their blaster out ready to barrage some half-health HO shielder down in the gen room... they end up missing half their shots, damaging themselves and then finally get killed by the heavy by one disc shot. :lol:

at close range the blaster is hitscan, and with a few blasts you can kill a heavy offense
it is a very valuable spawn tool especially indoors

i wouldnt expect a newbie like you to pick up on this

but i hope you stop posting now

i really like the blaster in every tribes game. it is fast, can do some nice indoors damage, and you dont have to worry about ammo. the shotgun effect is even better.

I think it's time for, "wah! my pussy hurts!"

Vagiduz, you've been given six ways from Sunday to bypass your wussy laziness, why must you persist?

Guys, I don't normally lock the Feedback threads because they provide some useful info. However, this one has gone waaaay past its use-by date and is distracting people from making legitimate threads.

Everybody's thoughts on the blaster one way or the other have been duly noted.

Consider it locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back