News: And the beta previews come in..

im glad to see they picked people for the beta not based on reputation or anything, community legends like badmofo instead of Doc Holliday or z0dd, I mean, what did one of the leaders of -VuP- , or one of the earliest scripters ever do for the game or anything :rolleyes:

Last edited:
z0dd said:
Can someone explain how the IFF is currently working? I'm a bit confused by some of the posts about it here.

The two team's IFF are determine by the designated tribes on a map and thus are not consistent over map rotations. This will enhance identification of a player's team for TribesTV where the distinction of the players armour shape cannot be determined. Player identification is determined by the player's armour profile or armour colour (for example, in first person view mode, the player's team colour is identified by the colour or profile of their arm's armour and is visible before the match commences).

KineticPoet said:
A few secondary features finally came online like in-game IRC, basic demo recording/playback, TribesTV, WebAdmin, server browsing/filtering, skin switching, fast favs, etc.

Forum Topic

Last edited:
Chic0 said:
im glad to see they picked people for the beta not based on reputation or anything, community legends like badmofo instead of Doc Holliday or z0dd, I mean, what did one of the leaders of -VuP- , or one of the earliest scripters ever do for the game or anything :rolleyes:

They were going for a spread of people. In order to please the most people, you need the broadest range of input. Did you not notice that Baxter was in the beta?

Chic0 said:

Closed beta = circle jerk.

I anxiously await the open beta
Firing it up for the first time.
Playing “Prodigy – Their Law” at full blast after drink 4 Pints of Guinness.
Then spamming taunts as I achieve a 2/40 kill-death ratio

Limbo said:
What the eff, why did they make it SHIFT for voicebind, MOTHERFUCKERS.
Shift = mine for me :\
Yes and you will never be able to change it in the bindings because everyone knows that once you assign a key, it can never be changed. Ever. :rolleyes:

Actually if you put your fingers on WASD your pinky conveniently falls on the Shift key. Mines will take up the deployable slot so you'll use your deploy key.

borlaK said:
are you saying you're not in the beta? and you are the z0dd that helped make classic, z0dd_ski.cs, etc... right?

Thats him. This is exactly why I pointed out the brilliance of the beta, I mean, its much more important to suck Badmofos e-phallis than to let someone who actually did shit for the community and is a better player in the beta.

Chic0 said:
Thats him. This is exactly why I pointed out the brilliance of the beta, I mean, its much more important to suck Badmofos e-phallis than to let someone who actually did shit for the community and is a better player in the beta.

MAYBE HE NEVER REGISTERED!????

Chic0 said:

calm down. z0dd may not be in beta by his own choice.

tho im annoyed im not in closed beta for no other reason than that, i want to be :(

only a week or so before its public, no worries...

Back