News: And the beta previews come in..

I really don't care that the health bar is green, it looks alot more spiffy this way.

However, everyone knows there IS NOT a green team, for the sake of making things simple, at least give the current team your on Green IFF's, the other teams can keep their original colors. There at least should be the option to indicate teammates, and revert to the classic IFF style alltogether.

I wouldn't mind playing with friendly blue IFF's and stuff, but there really needs to be the ability for choice in that matter.

I like the old IFF's as much as the next guy, but the way I look at it is that rather than make a graphically enchanced Tribes or Tribes 2, they are trying to make a new Tribes game. I look forward to a refreshing new style and await the challenges of a new way of having to play. I have little desire to play basically the same game with fancy graphics.

Amadeu5 said:
Are those green lines the repair beams? Those are supposed to be red.

Hey nimrod, take a closer look at the picture...

They are multiple beams coming out of one person, and there's a correlation b/w the targets. They all look like inventory stations.

That beam most likely isn't a repair beam and a waypointing system like in UT2K4 to show people what shit in the base is.

it looks awesome!!!! cant wait to play it! I WANNA PLAY! Only thing i dont like are the same thing everyone else hates, the IFF's. I'm lovin the floating bases! especially the round ones!

Feannag said:
Hey nimrod, take a closer look at the picture...

They are multiple beams coming out of one person, and there's a correlation b/w the targets. They all look like inventory stations.

That beam most likely isn't a repair beam and a waypointing system like in UT2K4 to show people what shit in the base is.
Hey nimrod, the repair pack's active function is to repair EVERYTHING nearby. Reading is your friend.

Nutcracker said:
Things I still don't like:
IFF color
Diff stations for deployables
Vehicles getting caught on terrain

trails
Probably subject to change
:huh:
bug, goes into "they still have 3 months until release" category

hopefully subject of customization

the fkn flags look HUGE while on the backs of the light/mediums ...

looks like a big ass street pole with a flag on it ....

and hopefully the large explosions wont lag up the screen bad with 32 ppl and tons of heavy spam....

imperial said:
the fkn flags look HUGE while on the backs of the light/mediums ...

looks like a big ass street pole with a flag on it ....

and hopefully the large explosions wont lag up the screen bad with 32 ppl and tons of heavy spam....

Why would you play with 32 people?

Stop thinking of that bastard child T2 ;)

Can someone explain how the IFF is currently working? I'm a bit confused by some of the posts about it here.

One of the best innovations in Tribes was that your team was always the same color (green), and enemies were always the same color (red). I don't know why other games haven't adopted this simple, yet wonderful scheme. I can't tell you how much I hate red and blue teams, with your side being either of the two. It's so much simplier to always shoot at reds, not having to think about "I am the Red team, or am I blue?".

Even my non-triber friends that play BF say they don't like "changing IFF's". They thought having consistent IFFs (same color enemy/friendly no matter what) was a great idea.

w3rd z0dd.

actaully....like was said earlier, if you just make your team green all the time, and then have the enemy team whatever color (be it red, blue, yellow or whatever) than that would work just fine...and i guess get rid of red since people that are color blind have issues with red/green

Back