News: And the beta previews come in..

Writer said:
You aren't alone my friend...not by a long shot. :)

* Writer goes back to playing Massive Assault Network in the mean time...

Edit: wanted to say thanks to Triple for a good post, just what I was looking for as I felt my spidey sense tingling ("there's probably some new previews out by now..."). So, thanks Triple!

Holy shazbot, it's writer! <3 Thanks for all the scripts back in the day. =D

Neek said:
Translation: Waaaaaah :baby: I wanna beta! It's no fair!

Why the hell does it matter?
You will get a chance to play and have input soon enough.
Crying about not getting into a closed beta that had a zillion submissions and very limited space is just silly.

He's saying there were infinitely more qualified people to help balance and playtest.

And I agree. Seeing some of the clowns that got in, I really won't trust any of these beta reviews. I'll just cross my fingers that when the open beta hits people will still be able to have legitimate input that's taken seriously.

icon said:
Baxter never even played tribes 1, he's a total t2 newbie. :ugh:

He's one of the names I'm glad to see on the list. He seems to be the type to tell you your f'ing game sucks if he thinks so, and why.

VaporTrail said:
Been through that once already... this is something else.

I ran it through memtest for about 10 hours and not a twitch.

Played T2 for about 3 hours and BAM, blue screen and spontaneous reboot...

Haven't reproduced the condition yet though... so it MAY have been a one time deal.
But with my luck...

disable autoreboot and see what the error message is

I think it's about time you changed the url in your profile, Marweas.

And no, I'm not stalking you.
shifty.gif

Wulfen said:
He's saying there were infinitely more qualified people to help balance and playtest.

And I agree. Seeing some of the clowns that got in, I really won't trust any of these beta reviews. I'll just cross my fingers that when the open beta hits people will still be able to have legitimate input that's taken seriously.
You're the type of person who considers "this is gay" to be worthwhile feedback.

I can say this with the utmost certainty having never met you in person, and basing judgement solely on the brain droppings you have left on a bulletin board.

For those that have played T:V (devs or non NDA'ers), does the streamer effect help when dueling other players? In T1/T2 at distances it was hard to tell exactly if your opponent was changing direction. With the streamers you will see exactly what direction he is moving. I guess the angle will also tell you how fast the player is changing direction. Or, is the effect random and can't help you judge changes in direction?

Thanks for the kind words guys!

I lurk in here pretty often these days...I just don't post too much since it tends to result in a swarm of "help me" emails. :)

Back