News: Bittah T:V Movie

The buckler looks like a great anti-HO weapon. Body blocking, not taking damage and dealing large damage. Although in a medium, with an e-pack it looks like a good D tool for HO intensive maps.

i still hate those trails behind people, its like they have a ribbon tied to thier ass. And they still have it after they die. i hope that thats just a place holder cause its too long and just stupid.

and as for IGA ross saying that bucker MA movie is fun and not easy thing to do, ask yourself this, if a bunch of people playing the game for the first time evar can make 5 MA's for a movie, just how steep a curve is there for it? after a few months of the game how well will really good players be good at it? is this gonna be the MD of TV? will it become the cheap trick of the game many will complain about? if u took out MD for just that reason, don't make something similar in ease of use...

again i'm not trying to be a jerk, just constructive criticism to make the best game possible...and raise issues while there's time to consider all concequesces.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this sounds lame, but is there a way to play the movie at a lower resolution or something? Whenever I resize the video, or just watch it like I downloaded it, my computer chugs and the fps drops.

Sir Lucius said:
Maybe it's just the music, but that video just made me so pumped.

Seriously, that was 100 times what we saw at E3, and I think that means they're right on track if they're trying to make a game for everyone.
Ya, it's soooo frustrating to not be able to just use any music we want when we do videos. The first ragdoll video was done to the Elvis tune of "A Little More Action" and it was really funny to that music. Not so funny without it :(.

Props to Gav for a great video, and the Sydney guys for some nice MAs with the Buckler :)

rogi said:
i still hate those trails behind people, its like they have a ribbon tied to thier ass. And they still have it after they die. i hope that thats just a place holder cause its too long and just stupid.

and as for IGA ross saying that bucker MA movie is fun and not easy thing to do, ask yourself this, if a bunch of people playing the game for the first time evar can make 5 MA's for a movie, just how steep a curve is there for it? after a few months of the game how well will really good players be good at it? is this gonna be the MD of TV? will it become the cheap trick of the game many will complain about? if u took out MD for just that reason, don't make something similar in ease of use...

again i'm not trying to be a jerk, just constructive criticism to make the best game possible...and raise issues while there's time to consider all concequesces.

The video was culled from 5 hours of footage -people are bound to hit some good shots in 5 hours.

rogi said:

Valid enough, but think about how the buckler works. The only way you can hit with it is to get an MA, so obviously it needs to be easier to MA with it than the disc. It could fit similar roles to the MD at close range, but there are several differences. It has less risk of harming yourself, but instead you stand the risk of disarming yourself. It has potentially longer range, but it would be very difficult to pull off at long range because your aiming for the buckler and the disc will be very different, and in order to have them both hit you'd have to time it impeccably. It's also harder to pull off and less effective if you miss because the buckler is not triggered by splash and it deals no splash damage itself. Lastly, if 1 hit kills become too common, they could always tweak the damage of the buckler to reduce such incidents.

Back