Thrax speaks in VUGames T:V forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiousity, is there a debugger for T1 scripting/modding? What tools do you use, Theta? Just a plain ol' text editor?

Also, I assume that you edited code that was available elsewhere. Where did you get the original code and resources from? :)

Theta said:
If anyone is bored tomorrow (well it would be today I guess heh), here's what I have so far: http://gotcoffee2.homestead.com/files/TV.zip

I think the medium feels good. There's something about the light though...can't put my finger on it right now. So far, this is what's in it:

T:V Mod for T1

Version 0.1
-----------
*Medium is faster than base medium
*Medium walking speed is faster
*Light is slightly faster, but is weaker than base light
*Light walking speed is faster
*Heavy has a tad more life
*No ELF
*No mines
*All armors have 3 weapons for now
*Spawn in Medium armor

Hopefully in Version 0.2:
-Laser rifle will use ammo
-Boost for epack
-Tweak medium and light armors some more

I'm interested to see what happens without mine discing ;)

now all I need is T1 :rolleyes: .... can someone make this for T2?

Apotheosis said:
Out of curiousity, is there a debugger for T1 scripting/modding? What tools do you use, Theta? Just a plain ol' text editor?

Also, I assume that you edited code that was available elsewhere. Where did you get the original code and resources from? :)

debugger - haven't seen one

.cs files are just text files with a fancy extention...just open it with notepad. I'm using Crimson Editor because I like the fancy highlighting and the directory tree on the left.

You have all the code you need in the base tribes install to make a mod ;) Use Volumer (http://www.thzclan.com/files/?cat=18) to open scripts.vol in your tribes/base directory and edit away :p

We'll need this hosted on a server with CTF. If duel didn't restrict us to light armor only, I'd say let us play duel also, but we can just duel in CTF.

Yeah, I agree. I'm willing to hop on whenever to help check this out. I got T1 re-installed and most of my old scripts running again; I forgot how much I missed this old game. :)

KineticPoet said:
Gravity's effect is constant regardless of mass, but that's a pretty common mistake. To help you remember, just picture whats-his-name dropping a big rock and a small rock from the top of a tower and both rocks hitting the ground at the same time.

Drag is what causes some objects to fall slower than others,
KP
Galileo
Leaning tower of Pisa
2 cannon balls

;)

Slot variations that need testing:

2-3-3 Maintains 3 weapon load for Heavy, but incorporates the reduced load for light
2-3-4 Standard increasing slot scheme
3-3-3 Current standard for T:V
3-3-4 Heavy with 3 and mortar
3-4-5 "old" style loadout

RedSpider said:
I believe it is past your bed time Apo.

Heh, yeah I realized that that may have been a stupid question after I posted, but I still wanted to know if there was a debugger available :p

.cs files are the same files/code I use to run interpolate.cs and autoaim.cs! Duh!

By "tools" I wasn't asking if you use a text editor to open the file (I'm not *that* stupid :) ). I just wanted to know if there was some other aid or resources to help with scripting. Sorry, the most scripting I've done was to modify Writer's script options for my needs, chat scripting, and set interpolate=0 and autoaim=true :)

Never tried Crimson Editor, but I'm happy with Dreamweaver :p

Thanks for the work, Theta! Good job!

VaporTrail said:
Slot variations that need testing:

2-3-3 Maintains 3 weapon load for Heavy, but incorporates the reduced load for light
2-3-4 Standard increasing slot scheme
3-3-3 Current standard for T:V
3-3-4 Heavy with 3 and mortar
3-4-5 "old" style loadout

I don't know what kind of timeframe these guys are looking at, but we need to jump all over this 3-3-3 first.

I tried it briefly this morning, and I thought energy/velocity in the air seemed ok, but I thought they were gonna have the armors move quicker on the ground too? Apologies if you've already tackled this, Theta.

Real curious how this plays out in a semi-competitive environment.

doh, sorry apo :p

http://templeton.gt.ed.net/~eison/vgs/full_script_doc.html describes just about every function you can use

Well I have a shotgun blaster working. I don't remember right now if the T:V blaster uses ammo, but for now, this blaster does use ammo :p The one thing that's driving me nuts right now, is if I try to add ammo to a weapon that doesn't use ammo (like the laser riffle) it screws up my favorites...I don't know if it will mess up everyone's favorites, or if it's just stripped being retarded.

Hmm... it IS possible (From what I remember from going to different mods) that your favorites will either not recognize the "new" rifle as the old or will simply not buy ammo for the weapon, but still buy the weapon... You might wind up needing to set up new favorites for it.

Haven't played T1 in a dogs age though so don't quote me on that.

Wow, Snazzy. Nice job Theta.
The medium feels really nice. Personally i'm very eager to try this out with other people.

Is anyone up for a pickup game some time tonight?

Wulfen said:
I tried it briefly this morning, and I thought energy/velocity in the air seemed ok, but I thought they were gonna have the armors move quicker on the ground too? Apologies if you've already tackled this, Theta.

If you can make it feel better, than have at it. I tried making the ground speed quicker before, but that *everything* else move faster. Before, I was trying to make the medium have the ground speed of the light, and the light ground speed faster. But that made everyone too fast heh.

It seems *ok* for now, but the problem is there's no reason to use an enerypack because the meds and lights have so much jetpack energy :| Do you know where the stuff is for the energy pack? I don't see anything in the armordata.cs file, nor do I see anything about it in any of the other gameplay files. :|

Theta said:
doh, sorry apo :p

http://templeton.gt.ed.net/~eison/vgs/full_script_doc.html describes just about every function you can use

Well I have a shotgun blaster working. I don't remember right now if the T:V blaster uses ammo, but for now, this blaster does use ammo :p The one thing that's driving me nuts right now, is if I try to add ammo to a weapon that doesn't use ammo (like the laser riffle) it screws up my favorites...I don't know if it will mess up everyone's favorites, or if it's just stripped being retarded.

The new blaster DOESN'T use ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back