Thrax speaks in VUGames T:V forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansel

Veteran XV
Ofn?
Three of the four vehicles are multi-person (2 or more). The fighter is the only single person vehicle.
Link

Right now all armors have 3 weapons. I thought I would hate that actually, but it seems fine to me when I'm playing. I also wouldn't mind seeing 2, 3, and 4; although 4 seems like too many now that I've played for a while with 3.

When I think back to T1 or T2, the only thing I ever changed on my heavy loadouts was my pack. 5 weapons meant I could have disk, chain, plasma, grenade, and mortar in T1, and sub the missile launcher for the plasma in T2. It's really a ridiculous number of weapons in that light. Only having three makes you decide what you're going to do in Heavy, and it also limits the damage a heavy can do at the enemy base because they are more likely to run out of ammo.

So at the moment our thought is three weapons for everybody. It's not set in stone, but I think it's likely.
Link

Remove mine disc and balance it by nerfing the heavy. GENIUS.

How are heavies supposed to tank without 5 weapons? :-|

Piata=King said:
Remove mine disc and balance it by nerfing the heavy. GENIUS.

How are heavies supposed to tank without 5 weapons? :-|

more ammo? :shrug: i never used all 5 weapons in t1. just mortar, disk, grenade launcher. occasionally the cg.

I'd go for 4 in heavy. I dunno, 3 just doesn't seem right. Heavy carrying the same amount as a light, makes you seem like a pussy. All you're doing is exchanging mobility for more armor and a mortar.

This would be my preference:
1. Disc
2. Mortar
3. Grenade Launcher
4. Chaingun/Rocket Pod/Blaster/Burnanator/unnamed weapon

I agree though, 5 is overdoing it.

Err. I only use 2 or 3 weapons in my HO loadouts in T1. :[

One of my loadouts has no mines and just a disc launcher and a mortar.

The other has mines and a disc launcher, a mortar and a chaingun (because I plan on screwing with people outside.)

That doesn't mean every armor can use every weapon.
Mortar is heavy only, sniper is light only, and I dunno--maybe the burnanator or the unnamed one will be medium only.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Nothing wrong with a heavy with 5 weapons... they're built for firepower... You're commiting a "DaveG" but modifying something for the sake of modifying something.

Phaseshift said:
How about make so that a heavy always carries a mortar as its 4th weapon.
That wouldn't really change much. If you're taking the mortar out of your load-out, you're basically shooting yourself in the foot imo.

Hellsfury said:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Nothing wrong with a heavy with 5 weapons... they're built for firepower... You're commiting a "DaveG" but modifying something for the sake of modifying something.

You aren't taking away the firepower of a heavy by limiting the weapons it has. It just means you have to manage your weapons a little better.

I don't see the power of a heavy being in it's ability to carry half (or more) of the possible weapons. The power of a heavy was the mortar launcher, and the amount of ammo it could carry, on top of it's armor. The only thing I ever changed on the heavy armor was my pack, and something about that just doesn't seem right.

if the heavy stays alive long enough to use up the ammo on more than 3 weapons, then the D is doing something wrong.

I think 4 would be the best number. As pyrot3chnic said, 3 would look (and feel) insufficient compared to the lights, just because imo a heavy shoud be able too stay for his own for a while at offense. What to do if ammo runs out? Ok, maybe you have enough in a heavy.. beta will show..

RegisteredFruit said:
Perhaps they could give the heavy 4 weapon slots, but make the mortar take up 2.

For some reason I really like that idea. Normally I think I might be against a weight clbutt system where some weapons take up more slots than others, but that's only because of the game's wepaon balance. But I would say the mortar is strong enough to permit such an implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back