T:V Elfgun Returns!

Wait... surprised they arn't continuing the Shocklance? What are you stupid, the SL was the worst weapon in the game. Something about a one hit kill just irks 98% of the community.

And the ELF gun has thankfully gone the way of the dodo. I challenge anyone here to give me an instance where an ELF gun would be superior to ANY other weapon. It simply not possible. Even if you say shielder, I'd rather use the Blaster, why destory the shields when you can get right to the armor. If you say hinting a caper, I say a Spinfusor is about 20x better since it can just as easily knock a person from the air, that is if you DON'T suck!

Rigel, why should any weapon have any superiority over another? Each weapon has it's own unique use. The ELF-gun was one of those unique weapons that lended itself to Tribes.

Should it be included? Not in the form of T2's ELF. T1's was perfect and it was an excellent defensive weapon.

Well seeing how they have already nerfed the chain gun, then possibly remove the ELF, what is a chaser to do? I guess sit and D snipe the whole time, which is SOO much more fun for everyone who is involved!!

they didn't nerf the chaingun though.
We have no idea what the chaingun is like at this point.
What we do know:
1-at it's current state, there is no spinup time on the CG.
2- The CG will overheat faster if the player is not moving. How this will effect how the CG works when it does overheat is unknown.
3-This game is only half done at this point.
4- you are a jackass.

Neek said:
they didn't nerf the chaingun though.
We have no idea what the chaingun is like at this point.
What we do know:
1-at it's current state, there is no spinup time on the CG.
2- The CG will overheat faster if the player is not moving. How this will effect how the CG works when it does overheat is unknown.
3-This game is only half done at this point.
4- you are a jackass.
Yes.

Can any vet respond logically, based on the thread and not who's posting?

Sincere question. It seems like their only point, on TW, is to disrupt any member created threads.

And Firestarter makes a good point. Believe it or not, there's people that actually like to play with weapons, other than, the disc-launcher, gren-launcher and chaingun.

It's been mentioned multiple times now. Go find it yourself if you want to hear it from the horse's mouth.
My understanding:
Air passing over the heatsink cools the CG and slows overheating.
Going faster= more air over heatsink so slower overheating if you are chasing or moving quickly while fireing.
Standing still or moving slowly= less air passing over the heatsink= less cooling, faster overheat.
We don't know what they plan to do when the CG overheats. KP mentioned the possibility of increased CG spread instead of just stopping the CG dead.
I don't think the devs have even decided what they are going to do with it at this point, and there is at least a good three quarters of a year before release. Not to mention the public beta. :)

bobotheclown said:

Sincere question. It seems like their only point, on TW, is to disrupt any member created threads.

And Firestarter makes a good point. Believe it or not, there's people that actually like to play with weapons, other than, the disc-launcher, gren-launcher and chaingun.
Do you think that this is the first time the elf has been discussed here?
We are all really sick of the subject after 5 years of debate.
Sorry if we come off harsh because of it, but everything that needs to be said about the subject has been already said 10,000 times.

So a member comes in and asks questions/starts a debate without even trying to find the answer/facts himself. We get a bit tired of this because happens all the damn time. It's annoying.

bobotheclown said:

Don't worry. T:V will have a whole bunch of new weapons for you to enjoy. :)
just no lame autoaim ones hopefully.

Elf

1. a small, often mischevious fairy.

2. a small lively creature; also : a usually lively mischievous or malicious person.

3. something that allows poor defenses to play several levels above thier true ability.

VaporTrail said:
Elf

3. something that allows poor defenses to play several levels above thier true ability.

Exactly, it helps the noobs and isn't T:V suppose to be a more noob friendly game? If you are skilled enough player, the elf weapon is the last thing you worry about.

Plus, if everything is going 100 mph in game, the game won't feel very fast, but if you have something to counter some of that speed (God for bid), that 100 mph will feel that much faster when you actually do get there.

There was something that really sucked about the ELF, it was called "Ghostbusters D".

The Elf was fine, IF only one person happened to be packing. The second you had two or three people with ELFs around the flag getting it out was a huge endeavor.

Countering some of the speed is ok... however with the ELF you pretty much counter cappers in most circumstances, and not much else. The ELF was intended to also "drain shields from objects" but in practice was horrible at it. The only thing left was screwing with cappers on thier inbound and outbound legs. If an ELF locked you for a couple of seconds on your cap run, you were pretty much nadebait, cause your route wouldn't work and you were stuck trying to finesse your way home.

IF there's an ELF ingame, lets pray that the energy drain doesn't stack. That'll at least cut down on the "Who you gonna call!" chatspam.

Rigel said:
Wait... surprised they arn't continuing the Shocklance? What are you stupid, the SL was the worst weapon in the game. Something about a one hit kill just irks 98% of the community.

And the ELF gun has thankfully gone the way of the dodo. I challenge anyone here to give me an instance where an ELF gun would be superior to ANY other weapon. It simply not possible. Even if you say shielder, I'd rather use the Blaster, why destory the shields when you can get right to the armor. If you say hinting a caper, I say a Spinfusor is about 20x better since it can just as easily knock a person from the air, that is if you DON'T suck!

Hey wait... I GUESS THAT MEANS NO MINE DISKS EITHER?! ONE HIT KILLS BAD................

Rigel said:

hey jackass, the elf is a combo weapon. try and learn/understand what teamwork is about. aka Tribes.

k, thx.

Back