T:V Elfgun Returns!

I always thought the Tribes-era ELF was plenty stupid enough for two games, although I never played T1. Now, a Starsiege-ELF would be fun to use... a slinging lightning whip that cuts through things. A shame you'd sever off your own arm using a handheld version.

Omfg. I just went to sleep and when I woke up this thread had 8 more pages. Someone explain to me what happened since page 6 plz?

Burnanating the flag stand = no HoF

No HoF = easy grabs

easy grabs = getting the flag away from the stand

getting the flag away from the stand = potential for pickups

Burnanate away

The Burnator would probably have two damage effects - damage if it's stuck to you, or damage that you pass through. Simply flying through it might cause some damage, but it doesn't last over time. Getting hit by it would be a constant drain on your health until it goes out. If you're standing in a spot that is burning, you'd get the same amount of damage is if it was stuck to you, but as a capper, flying over the flag stand, you might take a bit of damage from the flames , but won't kill you.

I don't see any problem with that. It doesn't sound nearly as effective in stopping a capper as a HoF would be.

Piata=King said:
Its not tribes without mine discing. Lets remove skiing too.

Mine-discing was only 'tribes' in the anti-heavy department. You could tell that people were overdoing it when they started air mine-discing cappers on Snowblind. Getting rid of MD's provided there is an alternative method available of killing Heavies relatively quickly is perfectly acceptable.

Thrax Panda said:
Because it's not fun, and it's fundamentally anti-tribes. In a game about movement, a tool to frustrate other people's movement is less than optimal.

If you're not going to have an elf, will there be something to replace it?

I know the T2 elf was really bad, but the T1 elf was very useful and not overpowerd. In a game about movement, it's nice to have something to counteract that movement. If you get a shield pack, you can diskjump without any bodily harm and all you lose is a bit of energy, but there's nothing to counterbalance free movement in general. Yeah, you can bodyblock, but that's sometimes easy to avoid because they can just shoot where they want to go, and bam, you're out of the way.

I don't know...I guess I'm just sad that the elf will go by the wayside. I know it was hated so dearly in T2, but it really was a neat weapon in T1. It's not something that'll make or break a game, but when I look back on T1, I always think of how fun the elf was to use, and how it was just a neat weapon to have.

There are too may things people seem to "need" in Tribes and people are afriad to except alternatives to the way they do things....

If the new things keep rolling Ill be happy...

ID LOVE TO LEARN TRIBES ALL OVER AGAIN.

so long as the movement is akin to T1, I'll be happy. Weapons can be rebalanced a lot easier than movement can.

I like everything I'm hearing so far. I've already jumped to the conclusion that you guys know what your doing. Keep up the good work. Also, I like napalm. :eyemouth:

Sp!nfusor Salad said:
There are too may things people seem to "need" in Tribes and people are afriad to except alternatives to the way they do things....

I need fast Alt-Tabbing... seriously. That's one thing I loved about T1.

Sp!nfusor Salad said:

If the new things keep rolling Ill be happy...

ID LOVE TO LEARN TRIBES ALL OVER AGAIN.

What if they decided to yank the disk launcher?

I've always hated being hit in mid-air. It's no fun. LET"S YANK IT!

This logic scares me.

Back