T:V Elfgun Returns!

Won't miss the damn thing.

It doesn't really take much skill. I could do it pretty well, and that's an indication of how easy it is.
It basically boils down to who can mash buttons faster. Not to mention the incredible amounts of people that just scripted it so they had one key bound to mine toss+disc.
Hell, it was pretty much all you ever saw... Capper at flag? Let's MD him. Enemy in our base? Let's MD him. Random guy in midfield? Let's try and MD him.

Now, mine plasma, that was stylish.
And took more skill :eek:

Zoolooman said:
That's a little premature and over the top for a reaction. If that detail can cause you to not buy the game, then you probably wouldn't have liked the game anyways. :shrug:

I liked mine disc, but we'll just have to see how it plays out without it. After all, this does extend the life of duels in-game.

The biggest worry I have is indoor defense against HO, but that can be balanced without mine-disc. I'm curious as to which particular path they'll take to balancing HO, but then again, I'm sure we'll have to wait for that sort of information. Good base design does a lot to help this "problem."
$10 says they slow HO down drastically.

Wils said:
If mine-discing was as easy as you make out, everyone would do it well, and everyone does not.

Which is why I hated MD and stopped playing T1. The random mine deaths from failed MD's sucked my ass.

Why no one modded it to use Nade-Disks or in T2 when classic came out why not change it to nade-disks. Made much more sense.

I never have a problem getting killed by someone with skill....I just hate getting killed 3 minutes later by those who don't and missed.

pyrot3chnic said:
you killed teh space orcs? murderer :(

Seeing that this timeline is before T1 and T2, they weren't around yet.

Same with the MD. They didn't remove it from the game, they just decided not to invent it yet.

And to whoever has the 3 gens of disk launchers in their sig, you have them in the wrong order :)

JodoFett said:
The heavy armor seemed to move pretty fast in the press conference.
well walking speed was faster than skiing in T2 base. It's all relative, but I bet the difference between a heavies speed and a lights will be much greater.

They really didn't show full skiing yet.

One of the problems is the speed of heavies. When you can ski across as fast as a light, who cares if you die. There is no death penalty for heavies. If you didn't have 8 suiciding HOs raining in on a base there wouldn't be a need for a MD. If it took you 2x as long to get across the map, you might not charge with no concerns.

I'm not saying make T:V slow, just don't allow heavies to be too powerful. IMO a heavy should be slow. They shouldn't be able to cap EVER and I think they should be base defense. If you make a heavy powerful yet slow, they will stay back and replace all those automated defensive firing systems that you all hate. Give a reason to use the medium armors and use them as the offensive damage dealers.

Not saying that you can't use heavies for offense. Just treat them like an air craft carrier rather than an F-15.

edit: I meant slow in relation to the lights.

vawlk said:
well walking speed was faster than skiing in T2 base. It's all relative, but I bet the difference between a heavies speed and a lights will be much greater.

One of the problems is the speed of heavies. When you can ski across as fast as a light, who cares if you die. There is no death penalty for heavies. If you didn't have 8 suiciding HOs raining in on a base there wouldn't be a need for a MD. If it took you 2x as long to get across the map, you might not charge with no concerns.

I'm not saying make T:V slow, just don't allow heavies to be too powerful. IMO a heavy should be slow. They shouldn't be able to cap EVER and I think they should be base defense. If you make a heavy powerful yet slow, they will stay back and replace all those automated defensive firing systems that you all hate. Give a reason to use the medium armors and use them as the offensive damage dealers.

Not saying that you can't use heavies for offense. Just treat them like an air craft carrier rather than an F-15.

I agree, heavies really shouldn't be able to go Mach 8 or whatever.

vawlk said:

remember now that t1/t2 mediums are gone. t1/t2 lights = T:V mediums and t:v lights will be a new level of light. interesting to see how this all fits. in your example, mediums will definitely be going on the offensive.

Blaze said:
Are you balancing the game Doaln? Didn't think so...
? are you talking about my post directly above? i'm just re-stating what the devs have already said. i think the devs don't even have the game balanced yet, nor do i expect them to for months to come. that's what the beta is for. the beta is where we can all get our hands dirty and see how this game really is. is it fun, or shitty? balanced or does O/D clearly dominate? etc.

vawlk said:
I'm not saying make T:V slow, just don't allow heavies to be too powerful. IMO a heavy should be slow.

k...

....a truck and a vw bug are going down a hill..

I don't think it's fair to cut the heavy's ability to do something he'd do naturally. Maybe reduce his maneuverability as he gets to higher speeds, but at this same speed, ratain it more for the lighter armors.

In this case, a penalty presents itself immediately.. you wanna go fast? well then you'll lose your 'freedom of movement,'(much like reg tribes) which opens up a number of weakspots for bodyblocking, sniping, burnantoring, getting rammed by the weasel, etc.

So you can go gung ho and gamble on getting past BBs and all that jazz, or you can slow your fat ass down and take it nice and slow.
personally, i'd go for option one. :)

pyrot3chnic said:
k...

....a truck and a vw bug are going down a hill..

I don't think it's fair to cut the heavy's ability to do something he'd do naturally. Maybe reduce his maneuverability as he gets to higher speeds, but at this same speed, ratain it more for the lighter armors.

In this case, a penalty presents itself immediately.. you wanna go fast? well then you'll lose your 'freedom of movement,'(much like reg tribes) which opens up a number of weakspots for bodyblocking, sniping, burnantoring, getting rammed by the weasel, etc.

So you can go gung ho and gamble on getting past BBs and all that jazz, or you can slow your fat ass down and take it nice and slow.
personally, i'd go for option one. :)
You could also argue that a heavy wouldn't be able to move its feet fast enough to jump and would have more friction which would slow it down a little when it is skiing.

JodoFett said:
You could also argue that a heavy wouldn't be able to move its feet fast enough to jump and would have more friction which would slow it down a little when it is skiing.
wtf happened to all that anti-gravity boots stuff? even then, i'm thinking they wouldn't be dumb enough to let friction be a problem. A heavy going downhill should be as fast, if not faster, than a light or medium.. different story going up hill though, so i dunno..

I'm sure the devs have it all figured out, it'll all be a matter of tweaking.. I wish beta would hurry up.

//edit
there i go rambling about realism again... :\

Christ, you people going on about slowing down the heavies are scaring the shit out of me. Its talk like this that gave us the slow ass pos game we all know as Tribes2.

I'd rather be woodstock.

p11.jpg

Back