So, What Clan Will You Be?

pyrot3chnic said:
shit, i hope someone whips it up during beta so it can be out there by release.
its already more than possible. WOFN can stream LIVE INGAME footage of t:v and shoutcast it.

it's not like the ns guys are "new"

not to mention.. they had their shot while 5150 was on the ladder... i do agree with lucious in the fact that the smaller team sizes will make competition more dynamic.... I disagree with the fact that good teams were built without skiing.. that doesn't make any sense at all

Hey what would you guys say are some of the best competitive T2 teams. I need to join a team, as I have been out just pubbing for a while. Any advice would be good. I miss the days of being on [Khorne] and I need to get back into a team like that.

Depends.

If you have mad skills (and I do mean mad as in you managing to go toe to toe with the best arena players and whooping em any day) you could go for the elite teams... problems are with them is they rarely accept new people, tend the be the biggest assholes is the game (exceptions ive seens are ns,=V=, and =[A]=)... and with that many idiots on one team they have stablity issues... as well as massive egoes.

the other choice is the middle teams who can excel and who have been around longer than all but a few of the elite teams and stock a few more down to earth people... Geez,BEE,AC,DoM,UNS,4M,Kin,DxM,oV,OX,Soup,UF,sCs,MA and many others that are either still in T2 comp or going on to tribes V... these are the teams that imho really make a ladder...some times they can go toe to toe with an elite team and win.

If you havnt been in the game very long ( 1-2 years ) or are just not that good yet you should try joing the upstart teams who at least have some idea of what they are doing and dont suck... because even the middle teams have a very skilled base.

Last edited:
I was in [Sith] in Renegades for T1, stumbled onto a Ren server my first time and subsequent times thinking base was horrible. Started becoming good friends with a guy on the server that was the leader's nephew (or related somehow), and I asked him if I could join and they could teach me. I had only been playing for two weeks, but I was let in anyway. Long story short, we got into competition, real life problems pealed the leader away and his replacement soon after, and it stopped being fun. Disbanded, miss being with them. Moved on to base, was still on a completely unreliable 56k connection, never good enough to make it anywhere since I was essentially relearning everything.

Got T2, still on 56k, still learning base things while learning the new game. I did get an invite to 311 when it was first starting out, but I could see that after three days I wouldn't have the time to stay with them so I left.

Left Tribes altogether for around a year, but ever since I got to college this summer I've been playing quite a bit of both. Wouldn't mind joining a tribe now, but no one has any idea who I am. Plus, like before, I'm still learning where I took such a long break.

and my feeling is larger teams will make the ladder more dynamic 14v14 or 16v16.... 7v7 or so the arena players and heavy duelers own the court.... larger teams mean thats dueling may take a step back from tactics...for a tactical game in my opinion is more fun for competition.... otherwise the freaks on the uber elite teams will once again lock the ladders.

Kingky said:
I disagree with the fact that good teams were built without skiing.. that doesn't make any sense at all

That's not what I said though. I siad the reason tribes2 based teams started off weak was b/c there was no skiing. But skiing is in classic, thus the concept of those teams that have moved on to classic have now devoted themselves to skiing to a much greater extent.

Tribes1 wasn't about skiing when it first came out either.

My only point was we shouldn't be underestimating tribes2 players just b/c of tribes2 base.

Tribes2 base has skiing... the difference between classic skiing and base skiing is that in base you actually need routes and some skill to do it...

In classic a heavy can zip around practically w/o using jets to go wherever he wants.... that wasnt even T1 skiing it is as if people wanted skiing to be something the mentally handicapped could do... said it once ill say it again classic is classic t1 its a poorly done clone that plays like garbage.

There is a possibility that Synergy will make yet another return for T:V the group has stayed together all this time but other than a short stint in Tribes 2 base has not competed together as a team.

I haven't heard anything from the guys in the Tribes 2 classic teams I was involved with so if Nova, Lagless or TWaN decide to compete I will have a really hard decision to make, (if any of them even want me involved for this go around).

My most likely answer to this question is I will probably not compete, I will have my hands full with WOFN and I wouldn't be able to give a competitive team the dedication I feel would be neccessary to be able to make a good contribution to a teams effort to win a tournament or climb a ladder.

Sp!nfusor Salad said:
Tribes2 base has skiing... the difference between classic skiing and base skiing is that in base you actually need routes and some skill to do it...
The word skill can easily be applied to various things.

For example, it takes a lot of skill to beat the game Battletoads; however, the process of trying is like driving a staplegun under your toenails.

Sp!nfusor Salad said:
And I thought you were reasonable zooloo :x

It is an incorrect and easily falsifiable assertion that classic skiing doesn't require skill or routes.

Merely go and observe a Tribes 2 classic pub.

And if you want to blame something for the lack of exceedingly difficult routes, blame the classic disc jump covering for most mistakes in skiing.

Note that T2 base routes aren't particularly difficult either.

Sp!nfusor Salad said:

In classic a heavy can zip around practically w/o using jets to go wherever he wants.... that wasnt even T1 skiing it is as if people wanted skiing to be something the mentally handicapped could do... said it once ill say it again classic is classic t1 its a poorly done clone that plays like garbage.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

i hate to turn this into a base vs classic flame war....but jesus, you can't be serious. tribes2 base you need skill to ski.....whaaat..HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Back