[News] T:V News on GameSpot!

RegisteredFruit said:
Since this burst shit is in, I hope it doesn't just drain pack energy. It should also drain basically all of your regular energy.

That would just restrict the burst to the top of the jumping arc. I'm not sure why that is particularly better than anywhere in the arc, but *shrug*.

Marweas said:
Each pack has its own energy bar. Once charged to full, you can use the active pack power, which completely discharges the pack, and it slowly recharges. This at least applies to the 2 mentioned packs.

Having the pack equipped provides some small regeneration of health. Activating the pack when the pack is fully charged creates an short energy blast in a radius around the player. All friendlies (gens, turrets, people) in that radius will recover health over time, even if the player moves elsewhere.

The amount of healing you receive, the radius of the blast, and the recharge rates will all be tweaked in beta.

There is some small possibility I'm wrong somewhere and Thrax or KP will correct me and box my ears.

is it cumalative/stackable? as in, can 3 guys be standing close to each other, active the repair pack, and recharge at 3x?

Zoolooman said:
That would just restrict the burst to the top of the jumping arc. I'm not sure why that is particularly better than anywhere in the arc, but *shrug*.
If you don't have very much energy, then the burst would be weak.

Zoolooman said:

It's a boost. Think of it less like NOx and more like... well, I don't know, but something way less powerful than nitrous.

Doaln said:
is it cumalative/stackable? as in, can 3 guys be standing close to each other, active the repair pack, and recharge at 3x?

I supposed not.
Imagine all the HO skiing together and when they reach the base they fire up their repair packs. :eek:
Unkillable monstars!

I think when MrSniper said the sniper rifle barrel looks like a cube he was refering to the poly count. Now if im not mistaken there is one seperate model for 1st person view which has a lot more detail, and the 3rd person which is much less.

The 3rd person weapon models so far look like they are really lacking polly detail. like some of the scope adjusment nobs where missing on the sniper 3rd person model, and the barrel does look like it only has 4 sides.

/me chants Up da polly count on 3rd person models :thumb:

Marweas said:
It's a boost. Think of it less like NOx and more like... well, I don't know, but something way less powerful than nitrous.

I realize. Registered Fruit was saying it should drain main energy along with the pack energy.

If it just uses the pack energy, then the boost can be used anytime.

If it drains both pack and jetpack energy, then it can only effectively be used at the top of an arc or at the start of a drop.

If it drains both pack and jetpack energy and the boost level is based on the amount of energy in the combined set of pack/energy, then it sounds worthless.

Destos said:
I think when MrSniper said the sniper rifle barrel looks like a cube he was refering to the poly count. Now if im not mistaken there is one seperate model for 1st person view which has a lot more detail, and the 3rd person which is much less.

The 3rd person weapon models so far look like they are really lacking polly detail. like some of the scope adjusment nobs where missing on the sniper 3rd person model, and the barrel does look like it only has 4 sides.

/me chants Up da polly count on 3rd person models :thumb:

Its not a separate model, its called LOD (Level-of-Detail) scaling. Open T1, look at your blaster in first person, go to third person, rotate and look at it again, it will not show the animation and will not have as many polys. Thats LOD in action.

Marweas said:
Having the pack equipped provides some small regeneration of health. Activating the pack when the pack is fully charged creates an short energy blast in a radius around the player. All friendlies (gens, turrets, people) in that radius will recover health over time, even if the player moves elsewhere.

So this means that if I want to repair one thing just a bit and then run over to something else that needs only a little repairing, like it's just disabled not dead, I have to wait for the pack to totally charge up?

Blue-Jay said:
So this means that if I want to repair one thing just a bit and then run over to something else that needs only a little repairing, like it's just disabled not dead, I have to wait for the pack to totally charge up?

You don't have to do full charge. It said you can partially repair by using partial activation.

Marweas said:

The amount of healing you receive, the radius of the blast, and the recharge rates will all be tweaked in beta.

There is some small possibility I'm wrong somewhere and Thrax or KP will correct me and box my ears.
Wait, back up a second. Are you saying the "repair gun" functionality is gone now, and you have to wait for a "repair burst" to fix anything other than yourself? Or if the gun is still there, does it draw pack energy, armor energy, or both?

I'll field it.

The repair pack does the following:

Passive: Repairs your health slowly. Does so constantly and forever.

Activate: The pack's energy level starts a repair burst in a sphere. 100% full pack, a full unit of repair to everything in the burst. 50% full pack, a half a unit of repair to everything in the burst. So on and so forth.

You don't have to stick around. The repair burst simply affects everything in the sphere, and that thing is left to repair on its own, whether or not you stand near it.

Back