[News] T:V News on GameSpot!

|MrSniper|Nyx said:
Look at the barrel of the rifle in the screens, its a cube...

I haven't seen a single first person picture of the weapon. If you've seen one, could you link me to it?

If you note, the 3rd person disc launcher has a lot less detail than the first person weapon.

I imagine the same would apply to the laser rifle.

Listen to mad_rebel about the shield pack thing..as much as most of us make fun of him for the cheating and crap, there is definatly truth in what he said, i shudder to think of a good HO train with those kind of pack capabilities :eek:

btw no gay t2 grenades please, thx :D

I just wanted to say.. that the idea for the rifle having bullets (and needing them; aka 'limited ammo'), and yet still requiring energy (just like in T1/T2)... was my idea.

(even though no one probably listened to meh :()

Chic0 said:
Listen to mad_rebel about the shield pack thing..as much as most of us make fun of him for the cheating and crap, there is definatly truth in what he said, i shudder to think of a good HO train with those kind of pack capabilities :eek:

btw no gay t2 grenades please, thx :D
Dude, its all a matter of balance.

You dont know exactly how its going to be balanced so you cant say "if they do this people are going to exploit it" because you have no idea what the sheild pack is going to do in the first place.

Could you elaborate on the packs' energy bar?

Is it basically like your energy meter, in that it slowly recharges and is slowly drained with each use, or will it be like a "powerup" in that it takes X amount of time to charge up and then when used drains all your energy and the effects are applied?

It could be tricky to keep an eye on all 3 bars at once in the middle of a fight :eek:
(At first anyways...)

Also, care explaining how the repair pack works a little more? I didn't really get wether once charged you had to aim it at something and it would begin repairs (that would complete on their own - basically like a healthkit) or if it was a radius ability in that it heals everything around you...

:rawr:

|MrSniper|Nyx said:
yeah to him when he was at Irrational...

naw.. i am sure there was chat about it no the UVA video. But that was probably the grenade launcher now i think about it. Me just wrong is all.

Diotoir said:
Okay, so packs so far...
ammo_pack.jpg

ammo pack (?)

i think maybe that's the shield pack. two layers of circles could indicate the level of charge or something.

also, what armors will be able to use the sniper rifle? will lights be able to use the sniper rifle?

i imagine lights and mediums would both have good use for it..

Zoolooman said:
I'm getting the impression that rifle is very pretty, but is also getting a lot of benefit from that gorgeous renderer (which is something games don't have - look at that shading and the penumbras on the shadows!)

If you're suggesting those are something other than taken-on-the-fly-in-game-shots, you are mistaken. Thrax and I took them using Fraps and a top-of-the-line computer. Right in-engine.

If you meant something else, disregard.

Void|deadjawa said:
The rumor was 1 specific weapon per armor class, so I bet sniper rifle is light only.

i guess thinking about it more, it better suits the light only then having it both medium and light. remember now that T1 light = T:V medium.

Marweas said:
If you're suggesting those are something other than taken-on-the-fly-in-game-shots, you are mistaken. Thrax and I took them using Fraps and a top-of-the-line computer. Right in-engine.

If you meant something else, disregard.

Zoolooman was contrasting the ingame render and lighting (as good as it is) to the professional render quality of MAX, in the screens I posted of Chem's rendition of T:V's rifle.

PyroTeknik said:
Could you elaborate on the packs' energy bar?

Each pack has its own energy bar. Once charged to full, you can use the active pack power, which completely discharges the pack, and it slowly recharges. This at least applies to the 2 mentioned packs.

Also, care explaining how the repair pack works a little more?

Having the pack equipped provides some small regeneration of health. Activating the pack when the pack is fully charged creates an short energy blast in a radius around the player. All friendlies (gens, turrets, people) in that radius will recover health over time, even if the player moves elsewhere.

The amount of healing you receive, the radius of the blast, and the recharge rates will all be tweaked in beta.

There is some small possibility I'm wrong somewhere and Thrax or KP will correct me and box my ears.

the packs idea is very good, i hope that the dual function will be carried over to all packs. I wonder what dual function the ammo pack will have.

Team Rabbit info! Team Rabbit info!

oh and the devs are making such big steps towards the community, commenting on an article like they have. I feel like i have the "inside scoop" by being a part of TW, which is cool.

Gallium

Back