[News] T:V News on GameSpot!

Marweas said:
You're on. (as long as "something stronger" doesn't refer to butsecks)
:browsmile

There will be conch shells you can pick up and put to your ear and hear the ocean inside!
Pict29.jpg

all awesome news! It will be interesting to see what pack snipers decide to use now (assuming there will be an ammo pack). With the energy pack you will be able to shoot more in a shorter amount of time, but with ammo you well be able to camp longer if you are stationed far away from the action and bases when sniping.
:) :blueblob: :redblob: :D
Love what im hearing though, just one request can we see the new light female empirial (excluding Julia), because it seems you have modified the armor a bit from the last pics of the light empirials. I think i like it more too.. :bigthumb:

LJ Walker said:
all awesome news! It will be interesting to see what pack snipers decide to use now (assuming there will be an ammo pack). With the energy pack you will be able to shoot more in a shorter amount of time, but with ammo you well be able to camp longer if you are stationed far away from the action and bases when sniping.
snipers will still use an E pack if they are smart. i think they switched to 'ammo' to discourage O sniping. at least thats what it sounds like to me.

MaD_ReBeL said:
ahh Conc nade ... T2 player ... yeah youve never seen a HO train :p

will T:V have Conc nades? i havent been following T:V much.

I don't believe any hand grenades have been confirmed to exist in T:V yet.

Thanks KP and Marweas for the clarifications to the idiotic Gamespot article =). I can't wait to try all of this out in game.

OMG T:V is gonna ROCK!!!! The Active/Passive of the Energy and Repair pack sounds AWESOME!! And Sniper ammo is WIN!!

Damn, Q4 2004 is soooooo far away.. :(

But damn, every thing about T:V is great, this really is gonna be THE one that everyone will talk about.. awesome.. I'm excited!! :)

Marweas said:

edit: to clarify the energy pack

The energy pack in passive mode provides more energy for you to draw from, very much like the old epack. When activated, it provides a small boost (which can be used to stop or change direction if you face another way). The boost is not nearly as powerful as a disc jump.

Cool, active mode is like hitting the afterburners. Gonna have to strap one of those on my heavy..

Fly Fatass Fly!

At least it's not like the old IX rocket booster that could blow you to smithereens when you used it...then again, that was highly entertaining for everyone else on the battlefield tho..

BOOM!

GB.Arkady said:
At least it's not like the old IX rocket booster that could blow you to smithereens when you used it...then again, that was highly entertaining for everyone else on the battlefield tho..

oshitz, I remember that! :lol:

Sounds like gamespot ultra mangled the info they got. I'm guessing this means that they don't go to you guys and clarify that they got everything right, rather they send it to some moron who knows nothing, have him write up his preview and send it out regardless of accuracy.

ZProtoss said:
Sounds like gamespot ultra mangled the info they got. I'm guessing this means that they don't go to you guys and clarify that they got everything right, rather they send it to some moron who knows nothing, have him write up his preview and send it out regardless of accuracy.
something tells me this will change point forward :D

By the way...

914677_20031202_screen002.jpg

The dome in the backround of this screenshot reminds me of the gravity sphere things in TR2 that were never used.

Marweas said:
oshitz, I remember that! :lol:

:lol: I liked carrying a pyro-torch just for booster boys, to speed the process along...

Of course more than once i was too close when that pack blew and went up right along with him...

dang things would blow if you looked at em crosseyed, or stubbed your toes...

but if it blew up then at least you didnt have to worry about the pile of MAG gunners (damn maggers :lol: )

Back